PDA

View Full Version : Omg! This is the best Naruto game ever!

ohoni
12-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PpCiAzfGNY

IT comes out in ten days!

Not only does it have a fully 3D, 3-man cell adventure/story mode to it, not only does it have comboing real-time special attacks (like using Naruto to Uzumaki Naruto Rendan an opponent into the air, only to have him and Sasuke launch a Rasengan/Chidori comob on him as he falls), not only does it feature 60+ characters (including all pre-Shippuden characters, and up through the anime through about February), but it now has DUAL cinematic supers when you pair up logical friends and teamates with each other. The Naruto+Sakura one is hilarious!

I just don't see how this game could be beat, it's a good thing that they aren't making a pre-Shippuden adventure game on a next gen console any time soon.

ohoni
12-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Check it out!

Not only does it have a fully 3D, 3-man cell adventure/story mode to it, not only does it have comboing real-time special attacks (like using Naruto to Uzumaki Naruto Rendan an opponent into the air, only to have him and Sasuke launch a Rasengan/Chidori comob on him as he falls), not only does it feature 60+ characters (including all pre-Shippuden characters, and up through the anime through about February), but it now has DUAL cinematic supers when you pair up logical friends and teamates with each other. The Naruto+Sakura one is hilarious!

I just don't see how this game could be beat, it's a good thing that they aren't making a pre-Shippuden adventure game on a next gen console any time soon.

WildestREVAN92
12-10-2007, 07:38 AM
Yeah, the japs is great at maing games like this... Right Ubi,,, screw ubi... They did a great job with the game... Still... Short on characters... SO get the game that is shown here, probarly much better!

BlazingDevil
12-10-2007, 08:03 AM
i already own that game i cant wait till they send it out 2 or 3 days after release

AGT_Requiem
12-10-2007, 08:15 AM
I am going to get this game the first day it comes out, I am a huge fan of the narutimate series, and I still play Narutimate accel 1 alot, should be a great installment, considering the double team specials and of coarse more story line in the story mode.

Ben5k
12-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Yeah I've got Narutimate Hero 3 and Narutimate Accel, I'll be getting Accel 2 aswel.

Hopefully Ubi see this trailer and realise what to do in future.

BennyRuso
12-10-2007, 08:33 AM
what console is this game on?

DireCry_UK
12-10-2007, 08:35 AM
That does look pretty god damn awesome.

BlazingDevil
12-10-2007, 08:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BennyRuso:
what console is this game on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ps2!!! lol

WildestREVAN92
12-10-2007, 08:39 AM
But how is Naruto ultimate Ninja 2? Is it good? My sister have a playstation2 so i wanted to get that game, Sinse she never use it!

BlazingDevil
12-10-2007, 08:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WildestREVAN92:
But how is Naruto ultimate Ninja 2? Is it good? My sister have a playstation2 so i wanted to get that game, Sinse she never use it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea but it gets boring quick you should wait till ultimate ninja 3 comes out in march....but its up to you

WildestREVAN92
12-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Is it just plain fighting, or is it something else to? At least i've read you can be up to 30 characters if i'm right?

Some_guy
12-10-2007, 09:19 AM
would it play on the ps3?

batmanman05
12-10-2007, 09:22 AM
when does this game come out?

element4q2
12-10-2007, 09:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ohoni:
I just don't see how this game could be beat, it's a good thing that they aren't making a pre-Shippuden adventure game on a next gen console any time soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Unfortunately these games are always shallow when it comes to the RPG side of things. It almost seems to be an afterthought to avoid being labeled as a fighter.

The first Naruto based game with a decent fighting system and well executed RPG mode will easily take the win. Unfortunately ROAN is not that game.

element4q2
12-10-2007, 09:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batmanman05:
when does this game come out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

20 December 2007. You can pre-order from Play-Asia.com as it will not see a US/EU release for at least another year or two.

batmanman05
12-10-2007, 09:37 AM
oh ima just order mines off of toysnjoy.com
thats where i got ultimate ninja 3 from

ohoni
12-10-2007, 10:30 AM
They could always be more developed on the RPG side, but I loved the RPG mode in NH3 (the wall climbing was the best in any game I've every played, blew Spider-Man out of the water), and the Accel Master Mode was fun too (although it got a bit reptative and since I usually had no idea what to do next I did a lot of backtracking).

This one seems even better though, I mean come on, THREE MAN CELLS! No longer is Naruto on his own, you now have two partners, and it seems like they both help you in battle (there are triple specials), and also outside of battle (it looks like, for example, Neji's Byakugan helps you find something).

These are all features that I was suggesting Ubisoft could use to make a RoaN2 product worth buying, and yet Cyberconnect2 totally leap-frogged them!

element4q2
12-10-2007, 12:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ohoni:
They could always be more developed on the RPG side, but I loved the RPG mode in NH3 (the wall climbing was the best in any game I've every played, blew Spider-Man out of the water), and the Accel Master Mode was fun too (although it got a bit reptative and since I usually had no idea what to do next I did a lot of backtracking).

This one seems even better though, I mean come on, THREE MAN CELLS! No longer is Naruto on his own, you now have two partners, and it seems like they both help you in battle (there are triple specials), and also outside of battle (it looks like, for example, Neji's Byakugan helps you find something).

These are all features that I was suggesting Ubisoft could use to make a RoaN2 product worth buying, and yet Cyberconnect2 totally leap-frogged them! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Unfortunately the excellent walk-walking system doesn't compliment the RPG mode even though it is a nice feature. The actual RPG elements were still shallow.

As for Accel2, the 3-man team also sounds great but I don't see that saving the RPG mode if it is anything like the previous games.

That said, I've still got my copy on pre-order so we'll talk after we've had a chance to play it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

aleksandar47
12-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I swear the people who make these posts must have been sleeping under the rocks for 2 years, because Narutimate has been the most selling Naruto game since Narutimate Hero 3, which was 2 years ago (?).

I already pre-ordered by copy about a month ago. I've been playing the series, since Narutimate Hero 2 came out in Japan. Rather impressive how far the series has gotten.

EDIT:
To be honest, ROAN's RPG element is better IMO, but Narutimate series wins the battle engine part of the game by a long mile. I don't care about the RPG mode, I only played it once in Accel, and after that I just fought friends, and computer.

EDIT2:
btw, for anyone who has a smart attitude, this is the FIFTH game in the series, so you can't compare this to ROAN really =/ Unless it's the RPG element only.

If you're gonna compare anything, then compare Ultimate Ninja 1 and 2 VS ROAN.

ROAN = 11 characters?
Narutimate Hero = 14 characters.

Not much difference.

ROAN = In depth RPG mode, fun to play (for most), and has a very beautiful look to it.
Narutimate Hero = Crappy Story mode.
Narutimate Hero 2 = Decent Story mode
3 = Getting there.
etc.

ROAN = Sucky battle engine (for Naruto and fighting game fans alike)
Narutimate Series = Amazing battle system. You can substitute from pretty much EVERYTHING. In Accel, even from explosions. (forgot if you could do that in Hero 3).

ROAN = Online play!!
Narutimate Series = No http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

The game series would be so fun online, but it probably won't have it as long as it's on the PS2.

If there were ANY PS2 games I wanted online it's this series, and Bleach: Blade Battlers series.

BlazingDevil
12-10-2007, 09:02 PM
OMFG 4TK IS COMFIRMED!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/153/71384narutoad01122877louz5.jpg

ohoni
12-10-2007, 10:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
btw, for anyone who has a smart attitude, this is the FIFTH game in the series, so you can't compare this to ROAN really =/ Unless it's the RPG element only. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's ridiculous, of course you can compare RoaN to Shippuden Accel 2. They're both coming out in the same launch season. RoaN doesn't get a pass for being the first game by Ubi, it's tasked with the responsibility of meeting or exceeding every other game on the market, whether they made it or not.

If an adventure/RPG game hits the market today, it has to compete with games like Zelda: Twilight Princess, not just with Zelda 1 for NES.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
If there were ANY PS2 games I wanted online it's this series, and Bleach: Blade Battlers series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's really the niche ubi should have aimed for, rather than making a CoN-lite, they should have made a Bleach Blade Battlers game with Naruto characters. It's really the only fighting style for Naruto that hasn't been done better by someone else already.

aleksandar47
12-10-2007, 11:06 PM
btw, for anyone who has a smart attitude, this is the FIFTH game in the series, so you can't compare this to ROAN really =/ Unless it's the RPG element only. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's ridiculous, of course you can compare RoaN to Shippuden Accel 2. They're both coming out in the same launch season. RoaN doesn't get a pass for being the first game by Ubi, it's tasked with the responsibility of meeting or exceeding every other game on the market, whether they made it or not.

If an adventure/RPG game hits the market today, it has to compete with games like Zelda: Twilight Princess, not just with Zelda 1 for NES.

If there were ANY PS2 games I wanted online it's this series, and Bleach: Blade Battlers series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's really the niche ubi should have aimed for, rather than making a CoN-lite, they should have made a Bleach Blade Battlers game with Naruto characters. It's really the only fighting style for Naruto that hasn't been done better by someone else already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with the Blade Battlers comment, but Ubi isn't experienced enough to make something of he same quality as Narutimate Accel.

IF Ubi was to have started making the series the sametime Narutimate Hero 1 was made, I'd be willing to bet my money it'd be a better game by now, but that's not the case. It's experience. Every game francise improves after it's first or second installation. A good example is indeed Blade Battlers.

XD I wanna play as Nnoitra so badly &gt;.&gt; With Blade Battlers 2 release only 2 months ago, we're in for a long wait before we get the new awesome Arrancar. T-T

Anywho, Accel 2 FTW! Dec. 20th is only 9 days away ^_^

ohoni
12-11-2007, 05:37 AM
I agree with the Blade Battlers comment, but Ubi isn't experienced enough to make something of he same quality as Narutimate Accel.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe not quite as good, but they should have come closer than they did. After all, it's not even on par with NH3 or GnT3, and both games have been out for about two years now. That's plenty of time for them to leech anything worth leeching from the games and make something at least comperable. And this is hardly a newb company, Ubisoft has made plenty of solidly playable games in the past, I'm sure that even the RoaN team has at least a few people in it that have made games before, so rookie mistakes are beneath them.

There is simply no excuse to not compare RoaN to its actual competition.

Im' sure that they'd have room to improve, but that doesn't cut them any slack for RoaN not being good enough now. Okami, for example, was team Clover's first game in that series, and yet it's probably by favorite adventure game ever. Bleach BB2 was better than 1, but 1 was plenty good enough.

you don't get a pass on your first game if you charge people money for it. What you're thinking about is called a "beta", and those are free.

ANullinTurkHors
12-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Check it out!

I just don't see how this game could be beat, it's a good thing that they aren't making a pre-Shippuden adventure game on a next gen console any time soon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

naruto gekitou ninja taisen ex2 on wii (shippuuden) will be coming soon as well and it looks amazing, what makes naruto rise of ninja so bad is that even ps2 games are giving it the run for its money! its disgraceful!

aleksandar47
12-11-2007, 06:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ANullinTurkHors:
Check it out!

naruto gekitou ninja taisen ex2 on wii (shippuuden) will be coming soon as well and it looks amazing, what makes naruto rise of ninja so bad is that even ps2 games are giving it the run for its money! its disgraceful! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, to be honest XD I think I would have rather payed 40 for this game (ROAN), and pay 60 for Accel 2, then vise versa as I had to pay. I got Accel 1 last year when it came out, and I'm still playing it today. ROAN, I've last played about 2 weeks ago.

EDIT:
You're right ohoni, I agree with ya on those terms. I do agree that Okami was an amazing game, for sure, and BB1 was very fun as well. I was still playing it until the release of BB2. I just wish that the game took a different turn in BB2. I still wish they'd have kept Ishida's other form from the first one, AND added this new one as well, make it work out some how. Maybe like Ichigo's mask. Same with Byakuya's 1st game transformation. They should have made both like Ichigo's mask, with maybe a bit more or less time, depending on the damage rate of the transformation. Mayuri should have been like Komamura's bankai I think =/
and you should have had the option during character selection to pick their transformations to play as during the ENTIRE battle. (Like in Hero 3 and Accel, how you can pic trans from the character selection).

However, those are VERY minor mistakes, which can be over looked, unlike ROAN's mistakes.

eristole2007
12-11-2007, 07:05 PM
lol.

welcome to the club of pre-orderer's.

for those interested in this game, you need two things from play asia. first is the game of course.

secondly you need a PS2 that will play ntsc-J format discs. unfortunately stateside and most euro ones dont. so you're out a nother bundle of cash to get the game.

but wanna know something thats messed up?

i would gladly pay over 120 bucks for a game if it offered me the online play of roan with the characters and "up-to-dated-ness" of accel 2.

but i'm just a ****** who wants game makers to stop wasting my time with games that get boring after 5 hours. i mean come on.... what were you thinking when you made this list of characters ubi??tired of seeing good ideas short changed by bad company decisions.

ohoni
12-11-2007, 07:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I still wish they'd have kept Ishida's other form from the first one, AND added this new one as well, make it work out some how. Maybe like Ichigo's mask. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree on that, he should have had "old Ishida" and a "new Ishida" that was constantly with the "spider web" bow. Likewise I think they should have had "old Rukia" and a "new Rukia" that played a bit more like Hinamori in base form (shinigami robes, shunpo, but just a standard zanpakuto), then like the bankai Rukia in bankai mode.

I liked how they did Ichigo though, the "12 seconds of awesome" super were great. I was worried they'd leave that out completely.

Having verses options for infinite bankai would be nice too.

secondly you need a PS2 that will play ntsc-J format discs. unfortunately stateside and most euro ones dont. so you're out a nother bundle of cash to get the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use a $30 swap-disc, it works great. Wish they had one for Wii so I could get the latest Gekitaisen games, I miss that series. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

rcookwho
12-12-2007, 12:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aleksandar47:
I swear the people who make these posts must have been sleeping under the rocks for 2 years, because Narutimate has been the most selling Naruto game since Narutimate Hero 3, which was 2 years ago (?).

I already pre-ordered by copy about a month ago. I've been playing the series, since Narutimate Hero 2 came out in Japan. Rather impressive how far the series has gotten.

EDIT:
To be honest, ROAN's RPG element is better IMO, but Narutimate series wins the battle engine part of the game by a long mile. I don't care about the RPG mode, I only played it once in Accel, and after that I just fought friends, and computer.

EDIT2:
btw, for anyone who has a smart attitude, this is the FIFTH game in the series, so you can't compare this to ROAN really =/ Unless it's the RPG element only.

If you're gonna compare anything, then compare Ultimate Ninja 1 and 2 VS ROAN.

ROAN = 11 characters?
Narutimate Hero = 14 characters.

Not much difference.

ROAN = In depth RPG mode, fun to play (for most), and has a very beautiful look to it.
Narutimate Hero = Crappy Story mode.
Narutimate Hero 2 = Decent Story mode
3 = Getting there.
etc.

ROAN = Sucky battle engine (for Naruto and fighting game fans alike)
Narutimate Series = Amazing battle system. You can substitute from pretty much EVERYTHING. In Accel, even from explosions. (forgot if you could do that in Hero 3).

ROAN = Online play!!
Narutimate Series = No http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

The game series would be so fun online, but it probably won't have it as long as it's on the PS2.

roan is not a rpg its a platformer