PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Problems...

Keeko_ca
03-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Okay...first of all, I'm no moron that has a old, slow computer. I know how to install patches, hardware drivers and all the such...I played thru the first Splinter Cell with no problems whatsover...

Basically, since I installed Pandora Tomorrow... I can't get it to work properly...I get an annoying stutter in sound and video every 10-20 secs while playing...I have tried turing off 3D sound...I've tried lowering the video quality...it always stutters...it even stutters during the cut scene videos! What's my problem!?

Multiplayer, I can't get working at all! HOW DO YOU ENABLE PUNKBUSTER!?! I adore the use of punkbuster when causing troubles for piraters and cheaters...but I bought the game and I'm being punished! I either get, "You need to enable punkbuster", "Connection error", or the game looks like it connects and ends up crashing or quitting out to windows on it's own!!

I hope these is all a bunch of bugs that can be patched...

Just for the record...I'm running a 2.4Ghz AMD XP processor, GeForce 4 Ti 4200, 756MB of RAM, and trust me...my hard drive has TONS of space left...It's not the newest computer on the planet...but as far as I'm concerned, it should be capable of playing Splinter Cell on Medium quality without this many hassles! What's the deal?

Keeko_ca
03-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Okay...first of all, I'm no moron that has a old, slow computer. I know how to install patches, hardware drivers and all the such...I played thru the first Splinter Cell with no problems whatsover...

Basically, since I installed Pandora Tomorrow... I can't get it to work properly...I get an annoying stutter in sound and video every 10-20 secs while playing...I have tried turing off 3D sound...I've tried lowering the video quality...it always stutters...it even stutters during the cut scene videos! What's my problem!?

Multiplayer, I can't get working at all! HOW DO YOU ENABLE PUNKBUSTER!?! I adore the use of punkbuster when causing troubles for piraters and cheaters...but I bought the game and I'm being punished! I either get, "You need to enable punkbuster", "Connection error", or the game looks like it connects and ends up crashing or quitting out to windows on it's own!!

I hope these is all a bunch of bugs that can be patched...

Just for the record...I'm running a 2.4Ghz AMD XP processor, GeForce 4 Ti 4200, 756MB of RAM, and trust me...my hard drive has TONS of space left...It's not the newest computer on the planet...but as far as I'm concerned, it should be capable of playing Splinter Cell on Medium quality without this many hassles! What's the deal?

GanjaKills
03-26-2004, 08:02 PM
About the stutters...what ur harddrives RPM...it might be too slow...my guess is its not though

"Your soul may belong to Jesus, but your *** belongs to the Marine Corps."
-Full Metal Jacket
(I do not intend to offend anyone by this, and as such hope no one is offended by it)
XBL: GanjaKills

Keeko_ca
03-26-2004, 08:17 PM
7200 rpm...is that too slow?? Seems very standard if you ask me...

Dabest9102-
03-26-2004, 08:18 PM
ur video card is too slow.

Keeko_ca
03-26-2004, 08:22 PM
Vid card too slow!? A GeForce 4 Ti 4200 with 128MB?!? I'm running from a 4x AGP slot...

Is the lowest reccommended card a GeForce FX?

gitarpix
03-26-2004, 08:23 PM
I am having a problem with the PunkBuster too. The box that you check to enable PunkBuster doesn't show up. I wrote Ubisoft and they said that a patch is coming out soon that would fix this problem.

flunktest
03-26-2004, 08:23 PM
You might need more memory http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/354.gif

Keeko_ca
03-26-2004, 08:31 PM
heheh more memory??
I have 768MB of RAM!!

kidric3
03-26-2004, 08:51 PM
maybe god just doesnt want you to play? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/35.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/mockface.gif kidding kidding

Keeko_ca
03-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Hehehe who knows man...
I picked up Farcry too...pff...even if you have the BEST rig set up...you can barely run the game on Medium settings! My comp can't handle it even with EVERYTHING set to low!! WTF is Ubi doing?!

Great games...but nobody can play em! Must be nice to work at UbiSoft provided they must have the sweetest rigs! Meh..the rest of the world has to wait a year to catch up to the quality of games they are releasing!! LOL!

Dabest9102-
03-26-2004, 09:13 PM
That is an old card. The problem is your video card cant handle splinter cell or farcry. buy a 9600xt or a 5700 ultra and the problem with poor framerates in farcry and stuttering in splinter cell will be gone. and my friends 64FX 3200+ 9800XT 1.5gb ddram plays farcry no problem on the highest settings...

CriztyLHazE
03-26-2004, 09:47 PM
The card is fine, I have a GF4 Ti4200, and can run MP fine on 1024x768 and normal settings (won't let me choose high bah). And I only have a XP 2000+ (1.7ghz) and 512MB 266mhz DDR. Sorry I can't help with the stuttering issues, if it helps I'm using the newest NVIDIA drivers from nvidia.com. And I have a Sound Blaster Live! Value sound card. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Unfortunatly in FarCry I have to run in Low settings to get decent FPS...which is still too slow in my opinion. But I can run it in medium and even high and still get 20-30fps (med.) and 10-30fps (high).

Look at my sig for your PB problems.

---
MP Name(PC): GhOsTeD
Punkbuster problems? We fixed it: Click here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=954105331&m=853108103) for the fix.

shadowsoldier14
03-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Dont diss the TI. I got a ti 4600. everything runs at MAX amazingly. alright. MY RIG

2.4 ghz
768 rd ram
ti 4600
turtle beach santa cruz.

RUNS GREAT ALRIGHT