PDA

View Full Version : Optic Camo really does help.

FN57
04-18-2005, 09:13 PM
I was playing some insane games of SvM tonight and i decided to try out the optical digital camoflauge suit the spies get, and to my dismay, I really behooved the mercenaries, even when they had their flashlight on me. I found that even in the darkest corners does the optical camoflague work against the giant beam of light and even in the bright hallways when sneaking around out of cover, or course they failed to turn on their EMF vision, where i would have been clearly visible.

It was in the museam that I found it usefull to fool those pesky mercenaries. I had the data chip and had to return it, two mercenaries where all around me and my buddy was in the monolith vents (big help), so i cranked on the camoflague and hid in teh darkness nd even when the flashlight was on me, they didn't see me. I was then able to get my sorry butt over to the suitcase when the mercenaries where distracted by a bomb set by my fellow spy.

All in all, I returned the chip and I have to say, the digicamo does have it's uses. A very cool feature to add to the game.

Also, on a side note, the shotgun kicks ***. Call it a n00b cannon it you want, but it works against those crazy aggro spies that run at you.

FN57
04-18-2005, 09:13 PM
I was playing some insane games of SvM tonight and i decided to try out the optical digital camoflauge suit the spies get, and to my dismay, I really behooved the mercenaries, even when they had their flashlight on me. I found that even in the darkest corners does the optical camoflague work against the giant beam of light and even in the bright hallways when sneaking around out of cover, or course they failed to turn on their EMF vision, where i would have been clearly visible.

It was in the museam that I found it usefull to fool those pesky mercenaries. I had the data chip and had to return it, two mercenaries where all around me and my buddy was in the monolith vents (big help), so i cranked on the camoflague and hid in teh darkness nd even when the flashlight was on me, they didn't see me. I was then able to get my sorry butt over to the suitcase when the mercenaries where distracted by a bomb set by my fellow spy.

All in all, I returned the chip and I have to say, the digicamo does have it's uses. A very cool feature to add to the game.

Also, on a side note, the shotgun kicks ***. Call it a n00b cannon it you want, but it works against those crazy aggro spies that run at you.

cooldude6681
04-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Yup, the camo suit is my #1 must-have item when playing as a Spy. It kicks ***. And I prefer the shotgun from the beta before it was overpowered http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

FN57
04-18-2005, 09:48 PM
The shotty does what it was designed to do: Maul at very close quarters.

cooldude6681
04-18-2005, 10:12 PM
hmm...seeing as I've only played the beta (a LONG time ago), does the shotgun have really crappy stopping power at long distance so that it's only good close-up?

BlUe_HaZe123
04-18-2005, 10:22 PM
the shotgun has no stopping power long distance...only good for close quarters and mid medium range, but hurts like a ***** when u get hit by it

cooldude6681
04-18-2005, 10:28 PM
yeah, I remember in Clubhouse I was crawling into a window and got hit by a shotgun and it knocked my health down to like, 1/8th or something. Really ticked me off. Heh, I also remember before they upgraded the shotgun, I could shoot my partner 4 times at point-blank range before he died.

SPROGGY
04-18-2005, 11:02 PM
A good merc always switches to his EMF momentarily after entering a room. The key is finding a spot where they wouldnt expect you to use it. And IMO the shotgun is a bit too powerful. I got blown away from a good 20-25 yards in a game today.....it can be frustrating.

TheLeprichaun
04-18-2005, 11:09 PM
I am amazed at how many people belive that after the 20 feet the shotty should be useless. in real life the shot would have only spread out too maybe a 1-2 foot diameter. In reality shotguns arent as inaccurate as many things portray them. Btw camo is one of my favorite items, a must have. a useful trick: flash a merc then crouch and turn on camo. when hes disoriented and walking around move in for the easy grab.

cooldude6681
04-18-2005, 11:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheLeprichaun:
I am amazed at how many people belive that after the 20 feet the shotty should be useless. in real life the shot would have only spread out too maybe a 1-2 foot diameter. In reality shotguns arent as inaccurate as many things portray them. Btw camo is one of my favorite items, a must have. a useful trick: flash a merc then crouch and turn on camo. when hes disoriented and walking around move in for the easy grab. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>flash a merc...tell me again, which button pulls down the spy's pants?

Chaos4Sure
04-18-2005, 11:52 PM
the camo has saved my life more times than i can count.

SPROGGY
04-19-2005, 12:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheLeprichaun:
I am amazed at how many people belive that after the 20 feet the shotty should be useless. in real life the shot would have only spread out too maybe a 1-2 foot diameter. In reality shotguns arent as inaccurate as many things portray them. Btw camo is one of my favorite items, a must have. a useful trick: flash a merc then crouch and turn on camo. when hes disoriented and walking around move in for the easy grab. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt say anything about the shotgun in "real life". This is a video game, and video games arent "real life". In "real life" if I shot you with an assault rifle in the chest then you would die, not so in the video game. If I unloaded on your leg with the Uzi, you would die. If I shot you in the face with the shotgun, your mother wouldnt recognize you. If the other two guns dont perform in the game as they would in "real life", then why should the shotgun be instantly lethal? In my opinion its effective range is greater than it should be. Why give a gun that is instantly lethal to a mercenary who already possesses a ridiculous number of offensive weapons? Can I live with the shotgun? Yes i can. Can I beat players who use it? Do it all the time. But i dont think it should carry the amount of power that it does. Also, a good mercenary usually knows where he is in relation to a corner or a wall at all times. If i got flashbanged I would back into the corner or the wall, nullifying your use of the camo. The camo is very useful if you use it at the right time. But i dont think using it to break a mercs neck when he knows thats what your intent is will be very successful.

Rbdb1R
04-19-2005, 12:08 AM
yeah the camo is pretty awesome.....

black ops freak
04-19-2005, 01:56 PM
I've got a question: If you're in active camo and you get shot, does the camo go away? (some mercs just spray rooms with fire, so I'm curious.)

SPROGGY
04-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Yes i believe it does.

BoomerSSN
04-19-2005, 09:30 PM
I often times I forget I even have this nifty gadget with me, but I can remember a lot of times this could have helped me a lot

mambonuts
04-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Camo can be kind of useful in tight situations, from a distance...

But, there are very few Mercs with a keen eye that cannot pick you up right away...

I don't find it too hard to see a spy in camo, there's that watery trace of the figure that distorts backgrounds, if you have a keen eye, as I said...

As a spy from an in your face confrontation, it is pretty useless.