PDA

View Full Version : NCIS game has Heur virus?

Guinevere98
10-28-2011, 04:08 AM
I just bought the new NCIS game and installed it. As soon as I click 'play' my virusprogram detects multiple threads. In the exe file there is a Heur virus or trojan. I have a legal version of the game and also have a keycode. While installing the game never asked for the code.
Is there a patch or is my virusprogram going crazy? (AVG)

Sorry if my english is bad, I'm from Europe. I hope someone can help me.
Thank you so much.

Mr_Shade
10-28-2011, 05:13 AM
Hi there,

It is most likely a false positive - can happen from time to time.

If the game was downloaded from a online retailer - and you did not use a torrent, you should be fine, but it's worth checking a few things first.

Please make sure that AVG is fully upto date - updates do fix these kind of errors.

If you are really concerned, which you are intitled to be, please contact either AVG customer services, or Ubisoft Support.

Please make sure to give Ubisoft support as much information about your current AVG install as possible.

You can contact Ubisoft via the links in my signature below.

Guinevere98
10-28-2011, 05:38 AM
@ Mr_Shade,

Thx for replying so fast. My AVG is version 10.0.1411 and the last update was october 27.

I bought the game from a very good online shop (bol.com) and it was send in a sealed case, so brandnew with cover and manual.

I will, as you suggested, contact Ubisoft.
Thank you so much.

Kind regards from the Netherlands

Mr_Shade
10-28-2011, 05:45 AM
Not a problem.

Tully__
10-28-2011, 07:38 AM
The .exe file for IL2 Sturmovik: 1946 used to get flagged by some virus software too (maybe still does?). This was also a false positive.

out-side
10-28-2011, 08:43 AM
You should also get in touch with AVG telling them the game name and virus that their software is finding, so they can verify it and update their software if required.

Guinevere98
10-29-2011, 03:09 AM
Thx guys for all the help. I installed another new pc game and AVG gave the same warning, only with a different virusname. I will contact AVG about these warnings.

Enjoy your weekend! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

out-side
10-29-2011, 09:08 AM
That you have had another alert from another game may mean you have a virus on your computer that AVG is not picking up. You may want to uninstall AVG and instal some other AV software, something like avira and use that to do a complete scan on your computer. This may or may not find something but it could be well worth a try, you can always reinstall AVG afterwords.

mcfowl
11-01-2011, 01:26 AM
This is an easy fix on AVG. On the main AVG window click Components on the upper left corner, then in the drop down menu click resident Shield. At the bottom click the Manage exception button. In the next window click Resident Shield Directory Excludes in the left pane window. Then click the Add path button on the right side and a window will show up to where you drill down to you Ubisoft games are install and add that entire folder, not just the game folder. On windows 7 Pro it's C:\Program Files(x86)\Ubisoft. The game will run just fine. I just did it as I got the same heur virus alert on AVG for c\Program Files(x86)\Ubisoft\NCISGame\NCIS.exe and c\Program Files(x86)\Ubisoft\NCIS Game\solidcore32.dll After doing this, the game runs and plays great. I hope this helped you..

Guinevere98
11-01-2011, 05:24 AM
@mcfowl: I'm sure gonna try your solution. There is no virus on my pc so AVG is just kidding me with fp's.
Thank you so much, and the others, with all the help. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

mcfowl
11-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Guinevere98:
@mcfowl: I'm sure gonna try your solution. There is no virus on my pc so AVG is just kidding me with fp's.
Thank you so much, and the others, with all the help. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

If that doesn't do it, you can exclude the files themselves from being scanned, but by doing the folder it's suppose to stop AVG from scanning them.

benjamintift
11-03-2011, 12:59 PM
I downloaded NCIS from ubisoft and it found same virus in 2 of the ncis files the exe file and a dll file soo maybe there is a virus in this game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif it'd be just like ubisoft

mcfowl
11-04-2011, 06:15 AM
There is NO Virus in the game. What you are getting it's what's called a false positive from your Anti-Virus software. Not all Anti-Virus is giving this false Positive. You can change your Anti-Virus settings so it doesn't scan the 2 files that are showing a false positive.