PDA

View Full Version : Can't play demo after download

KonradA
03-20-2004, 03:52 AM
I just downloaded the demo and was so excited to try it out. But when I finally was done with the options and was going to start the game, it just popped out to windows with no error or anything.

I got the newest drivers and this is my cpu:

750mhz, GeForce 2 GTS, SoundBlaster Live! Platinum, 20gb HD, 384 ram (yes I know it's not the best but I could play Splinter Cell on it).

What is causing the problem and how can I fix it, thanks in advance...

KonradA
03-20-2004, 03:52 AM
I just downloaded the demo and was so excited to try it out. But when I finally was done with the options and was going to start the game, it just popped out to windows with no error or anything.

I got the newest drivers and this is my cpu:

750mhz, GeForce 2 GTS, SoundBlaster Live! Platinum, 20gb HD, 384 ram (yes I know it's not the best but I could play Splinter Cell on it).

What is causing the problem and how can I fix it, thanks in advance...

gamer001808
03-20-2004, 07:19 AM
I have the same problem, but my PC spec is higher. I am sure it will run on most GeForce cards from GeFore 2 upwards. Just with not all the graphic effects running.

Its a D3DDrv.dll error and a Core.dll error. Thats what the problem is!

This sort of thing happed with the first Splinter cell demo.

Last time it was sorted out by editing the .ini file. I don't know how it will be fixed this time around.

We might have to wait until Ubisoft gives us some information on it.

KonradA
03-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Very strange since it said somewhere that GeForce 2 GTS was supported (note: it's not MX)...