PDA

View Full Version : a flaw?



expert-shooter
10-05-2007, 03:10 PM
ok, so i understand that as a rebel you can trhow a grenade that has a nectar pack strapped to it so that you can make the mantle troopers OD.....so can this affect you as a rebel too? what if you walk into the cloud of nectar?

expert-shooter
10-05-2007, 03:10 PM
ok, so i understand that as a rebel you can trhow a grenade that has a nectar pack strapped to it so that you can make the mantle troopers OD.....so can this affect you as a rebel too? what if you walk into the cloud of nectar?

Rasomaso
10-05-2007, 03:50 PM
I think it only blurs your vision a bit, but doesn't give you the mantel abilities. You could see that in the developer walkthrough in the abandoned resort level HERE (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24377.html) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MauserMilitary
10-05-2007, 04:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by expert-shooter:
what if you walk into the cloud of nectar? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's kind of funny, this same question was being asked on the gamespot message boards today. Well anyway, I thought about this awhile back after seeing the first demo with Rebel gameplay.

I can't say for sure but I assume nectar is designed to function for only Mantel soldiers. Otherwise the Rebels could just find out some way to juice up on Nectar themselves (if they were affected by it to begin with). This would change the balance of the game and make things too complicated, I think...

Huh, I never noticed the blurry eye affect before. I need to download higher quality vids more often.

deded999
10-05-2007, 05:04 PM
We don't even know how it affects the Mantel soldiers fully yet. It might be that if you have no Nectar in your system, or only a little, say 10%, you might get away without even OD'ing if you get hit with the grenade, or it might depend how long you are in the cloud of Nectar.

expert-shooter
10-05-2007, 05:19 PM
i thought that his vision blurred because his health was low...........and it seems very wierd how its easier to kill the troopers with a throw of a knife than it is with a rifle.......and i noticed that when he threw a knife without nectar it killed the trooper in one hit, but when there was nectar on the knife, the trooper just went into the OD state. im not trying to point out things to make the game look bad, im just noticing some things that seem like problems to me.

expert-shooter
10-05-2007, 07:29 PM
and one more thing i cant help but mention....in all the gameplay videos i watched of mantle fighting the rebels i noticed somehitng.i know that when you use nectar the enemy glows orange, which is normal, so i knew when, whoever was playing, was currently using it.......but when he killed a rebel, he didnt dissapear like i thought they were supposed to, the rebel just lost the orange glow and fell to the ground......now i watched multiple videos, and they all have the same thing....i thought mantle couldnt see dead bodies (or what they thought to be dead) when under the influance of nectar.

deded999
10-06-2007, 03:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by expert-shooter:
and one more thing i cant help but mention....in all the gameplay videos i watched of mantle fighting the rebels i noticed somehitng.i know that when you use nectar the enemy glows orange, which is normal, so i knew when, whoever was playing, was currently using it.......but when he killed a rebel, he didnt dissapear like i thought they were supposed to, the rebel just lost the orange glow and fell to the ground......now i watched multiple videos, and they all have the same thing....i thought mantle couldnt see dead bodies (or what they thought to be dead) when under the influance of nectar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of your post is a little confusing - it would help if I knew which video you were talking about?

Rasomaso
10-06-2007, 03:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by expert-shooter:
and one more thing i cant help but mention....in all the gameplay videos i watched of mantle fighting the rebels i noticed somehitng.i know that when you use nectar the enemy glows orange, which is normal, so i knew when, whoever was playing, was currently using it.......but when he killed a rebel, he didnt dissapear like i thought they were supposed to, the rebel just lost the orange glow and fell to the ground......now i watched multiple videos, and they all have the same thing....i thought mantle couldnt see dead bodies (or what they thought to be dead) when under the influance of nectar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe it takes some time for them to disappear. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

deded999
10-06-2007, 04:32 AM
They do fade out over a short period, and as you can see when playing dead, you initially can't do anything for a few seconds and then the 'mini-game' thing comes in to allow you to get up again.

frd_neko
10-06-2007, 06:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deded999:
We don't even know how it affects the Mantel soldiers fully yet. It might be that if you have no Nectar in your system, or only a little, say 10%, you might get away without even OD'ing if you get hit with the grenade, or it might depend how long you are in the cloud of Nectar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're a trooper and are within the nectar cloud, your nectar bar will start rising at an alarming rate and quickly shoot past the maximum safe dose, putting you into overdose. If you happen to be near the edge of the cloud though, and you react quickly enough, you *may* be able to get out ebfore overdosing, in which case it's like a free shot of nectar!

What this sometimes leads to is expert trooper players using poorly-placed nectar grenades as free nectar topups - i.e. if one lands near you but not close enough to put you inside the blast radius, you can run into it, get a dose of nectar, and run out again before you overdose. It's pretty hard to do because your nectar increases so quickly but it *is* possible - another reason why rebels need to be careful with how they use nectar grenades. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Neko.

expert-shooter
10-06-2007, 09:09 AM
ahhh things are starting to make sense now.

the_assassin_07
10-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Yeah everything is all coming into place....

MUHAAHAHAHA!!!!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MauserMilitary
10-06-2007, 02:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frd_neko:
If you're a trooper and are within the nectar cloud, your nectar bar will start rising at an alarming rate and quickly shoot past the maximum safe dose, putting you into overdose. If you happen to be near the edge of the cloud though, and you react quickly enough, you *may* be able to get out ebfore overdosing, in which case it's like a free shot of nectar!

What this sometimes leads to is expert trooper players using poorly-placed nectar grenades as free nectar topups - i.e. if one lands near you but not close enough to put you inside the blast radius, you can run into it, get a dose of nectar, and run out again before you overdose. It's pretty hard to do because your nectar increases so quickly but it *is* possible - another reason why rebels need to be careful with how they use nectar grenades. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Neko. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, I guess we know how it affects Mantel soldiers now.

I'll think twice before chucking a nectar grenade at someone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, sounds like the best way of using NGs is to corner Mantel soldiers in a room or some tight spot so they can't do the ˜topup' trick.

This should make for some wicked multiplayer experiences. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

TOLWardog1368
10-06-2007, 02:49 PM
Pretty sure, you have to have the suit on for nectar to work. Because it injects into your blood stream.

deded999
10-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Well there you have it, although my guess is the Nectar knife will flip you into OD instantly.

Thanks for the heads up Neko. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Rasomaso
10-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Ha that makes me think if the rebels can dose up each other with nectar by throwing nectar knives? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Exp3rt-sh00t3r
10-06-2007, 04:34 PM
well i think its kind of obvious they wont let rebels benifit from nectar themselves......like someone told me before, no fps has to make complete sense, just accept the facts and you will enjoy the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rasomaso
10-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah too true, but it would be nice if we could get a dose like that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Toad17
10-06-2007, 05:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frd_neko:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deded999:
We don't even know how it affects the Mantel soldiers fully yet. It might be that if you have no Nectar in your system, or only a little, say 10%, you might get away without even OD'ing if you get hit with the grenade, or it might depend how long you are in the cloud of Nectar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're a trooper and are within the nectar cloud, your nectar bar will start rising at an alarming rate and quickly shoot past the maximum safe dose, putting you into overdose. If you happen to be near the edge of the cloud though, and you react quickly enough, you *may* be able to get out ebfore overdosing, in which case it's like a free shot of nectar!

What this sometimes leads to is expert trooper players using poorly-placed nectar grenades as free nectar topups - i.e. if one lands near you but not close enough to put you inside the blast radius, you can run into it, get a dose of nectar, and run out again before you overdose. It's pretty hard to do because your nectar increases so quickly but it *is* possible - another reason why rebels need to be careful with how they use nectar grenades. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Neko. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BRILLIANT!

Exp3rt-sh00t3r
10-06-2007, 08:04 PM
OMG!!!!!! I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME MUCH LONGER!!!! AHHH!?!?!?!?! IM GOING COMPLETELY INSANE!!!!!...........ahh, i finally got that off my chest......