PDA

View Full Version : Connect to IP address?

SneakyBrian
04-19-2004, 11:11 AM
Greetings.

I am playing PC SC:PT, and am trying to connect to a game a friend is hosting on our LAN, but on a different subnet. The game does not show up when we do a search for the server via the "play on LAN" option. I was wondering whether there was a handy "connect" console command where we could specify the IP address of the PC hosting the game.
We can't change any of the computers IP addresses, or connect to the internet to play on UBIsoft, so any way of telling the game the IP address of the server would be great.

Thanks in advance.

SneakyB

SneakyBrian
04-19-2004, 11:11 AM
Greetings.

I am playing PC SC:PT, and am trying to connect to a game a friend is hosting on our LAN, but on a different subnet. The game does not show up when we do a search for the server via the "play on LAN" option. I was wondering whether there was a handy "connect" console command where we could specify the IP address of the PC hosting the game.
We can't change any of the computers IP addresses, or connect to the internet to play on UBIsoft, so any way of telling the game the IP address of the server would be great.

Thanks in advance.

SneakyB

Ruzhyo666
04-19-2004, 11:35 AM
I don't think it is possible. Try putting it on the net instead of lan. If the server is not visible, make sure you are in the right regional lobby (you know, US, World, Canada,ect.) and tell him to change the map. That resends the server info to ubi and the server will reappear.

EsP_OzZie
04-19-2004, 11:54 AM
what is the subnet? if its 255.0.0.0 or 255.255.255.0 it should work. Personally i would have 255.255.255.0, but i dont see how you cant change the IP.

Just go in network connections and tcp/ip and change it to whatever you want, but it makes it easier if its either:

192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x

As for the net, are you running a proxy, or seperate IP address'. If you each have a seperate IP, you could play over the net, providing you have the correct ports open.

Hope this helps http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

-----------------------------
-845PE-ANT Intel
-Gainward GeForce FX 5600 at 325/450 256MB
-40GB 7200RPM MAXTOR
-Pentium4 2.4@2.8 600FSB
-Microsoft Optical Mouse
-Windows XP Pro
-15" TFT Monitor

SneakyBrian
04-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Cheers for the help so far, but it doesn't solve the problem.

We can't change the IP addresses of any of the machines as we are not allowed! And we aren't allowed to connect to the internet to play games.

It would be so much easier if we could specify an address to connect to with a nice console command (like you can with so many other games, like Far Cry)

Anyway, any more help or suggestions are very welcome...

SneakyB

SneakyBrian
04-21-2004, 01:22 PM
Managed to find a way to do it!!!

We used GIT (Gamers Internet Tunnel, available from http://www.morpheussoftware.net/git/) to tunnel the UDP broadcasts from one subnet to another, so now the server shows up in the clients list of LAN servers, and connecting and playing works a treat!

Cheers for everyones help and suggestions.

SneakyB

rob444_
04-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Thx sneaky, I've tried to find an app for this too. Good you find one!

http://home.insightbb.com/~jbullock/signature_ice_.png
Over and Out.

/Rob