PDA

View Full Version : Is AC: Brotherhood multiplayer going to be dead?

Turinrp
10-03-2011, 08:19 PM
I was wondering about AC: Brotherhood multiplayer after AC: Revelations, do you think online will be dead after AC: Revelations come out?

naran6142
10-03-2011, 08:21 PM
multiplayer forum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

and yes

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-03-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm pretty sure its not going to be dead, its going to have a low player rate. This is what happens with every MP game.

dylandidiano
10-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Most likely a lot less people online. Not entirely dead though. Maybe some will prefer the old multiplayer.

Moultonborough
10-04-2011, 12:28 AM
It will not be totally dead but very low count. For example the original Resistance MP is still active but not by much. That's why I don't buy games for their MP. Each MP is just a fad waiting for the next game to have it. It's just one big bandwagon.

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
It will not be totally dead but very low count. For example the original Resistance MP is still active but not by much. That's why I don't buy for their MP. Each MP is just a fad waiting for the next game to have it. It's just one big bandwagon.
What are you talking about? Single-player have less people playing them when the next one comes out. It's exactly the same, it's just you notice that there's less people with multiplayer. Single-player is not any less a bandwagon, bro.

And what's really wrong with that. It's totally normal for people to not use a less up to date version of ANYTHING.

Moultonborough
10-04-2011, 12:51 AM
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. It's just the way it is. Why do you think Ubisoft decided to add MP to their AC series? Because they knew a lot of people who buy just for a new MP would up their sales regardless of whether they play SP or not. I am the opposite of what you say I will keep playing SP much more and more often than MP. You have your thoughts on the matter and I have mine no reason to be a little rude about it.

SleezeRocker
10-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Most likely people that get ACB at bargain bin when ACR hits will be playing BrO.

As for me I always prialriy play story modes so I won't be seen on ACRO within maybe first 2-3 days lol

But yeah I's slightly possible than BrO. will have less players than that of ACRO.

It's just how it is, when Uncharted 3 hits, you'll find less than maybe 10k people playing UC2 online.

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. It's just the way it is. Why do you think Ubisoft decided to add MP to their AC series? Because they knew a lot of people who buy just for a new MP would up their sales regardless of whether they play SP or not. I am the opposite of what you say I will keep playing SP much more and more often than MP. You have your thoughts on the matter and I have mine no reason to be a little rude about it.

I didn't say that you would play less than multiplayer, I just said that you will play the newer version of Assassin's creed more than the older one.

It's a parallel extremely similar to what happens with multiplayer.

And seriously, what is wrong with Ubisoft adding multiplayer so more people will play the game for longer? Multiplayer is great because it always has content! They're giving us single-player AND multiplayer for the same price that they used to give us single-player. There's no need to be so cynical about it.

Chronomancy
10-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Yes it will be dead.

E-Zekiel
10-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:

I didn't say that you would play less than multiplayer, I just said that you will play the newer version of Assassin's creed more than the older one.

It's a parallel extremely similar to what happens with multiplayer.

And seriously, what is wrong with Ubisoft adding multiplayer so more people will play the game for longer? Multiplayer is great because it always has content! They're giving us single-player AND multiplayer for the same price that they used to give us single-player. There's no need to be so cynical about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a mountain: http://www.woodland.k12.mo.us/Reynolds/Beaver_Mountain/Assets/mountain1280x1024.jpg

This is a molehill:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1a/Taupini%C3%A8re_-_mole-hill.JPG/180px-Taupini%C3%A8re_-_mole-hill.JPG

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 05:45 PM
This is a toad:
http://www.dicts.info/img/ud/toad.jpg

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I get it, but it really annoys me when I see people using that kind of elitist "Single-players are not sheeps like those idiot multiplayers" argument.

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Although you have to admit that multiplayer attracts more people than it probably should.

I like most of my MP games to be MMOs >.<

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 05:56 PM
I think it's a good thing that multiplayer attracts people. It shows that people really are social, and want to play with others.

the only bad thing about people liking multiplayer is that devs often take advantage of that and don't revolutionize their games any more, just making a few tweaks to damage and slapping on some new killstreaks.

but from what we've seen Ubisoft is not doing that. Brotherhood's multiplayer was fantastic, but it had some major problems, and almost all of those are getting fixed in a way that totally changes how the game is played, like the reverse detection bar, and new additions, like throwable bombs.

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm only Level 14 in ACB MP.

D:

I need to improve more. Doesn't help that the PC MP has some connection issues though.

AnthonyA85
10-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

D:

I need to improve more. Doesn't help that the PC MP has some connection issues though.

I'm still level 0, and that's because i can't even get INTO a game, the match-making system just doesn't work for PC players. I never get past the "waiting for players" thing

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

D:

I'm still level 0, and that's because i can't even get INTO a game, the match-making system just doesn't work for PC players. I never get past the "waiting for players" thing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

weird. I was able to get through a ton of times. That's why I'm Level 14. I'm on PC too if I didn't make that clear.

E-Zekiel
10-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
I think it's a good thing that multiplayer attracts people. It shows that people really are social, and want to play with others.

the only bad thing about people liking multiplayer is that devs often take advantage of that and don't revolutionize their games any more, just making a few tweaks to damage and slapping on some new killstreaks.

but from what we've seen Ubisoft is not doing that. Brotherhood's multiplayer was fantastic, but it had some major problems, and almost all of those are getting fixed in a way that totally changes how the game is played, like the reverse detection bar, and new additions, like throwable bombs.

Yeah, in some ways I agree with you. I think that in some ways the new changes do revolutionize the MP. And in good ways, imo. It saddens me to think that the devs may listen to a few pinheads whose opinions are detrimental to the game, potentially reverting changes that I like, myself, because they just want to play AC:B again...but, I'll cross my fingers.

Purpose of my post was that the offense taken was a little disproportionate. To me, the single player is far more core to the series than MP, and could do without the MP, but I do like it. So I'm happy it's there, anyway.

LordWolv
10-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Let me google that for you. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Assassin%27s+Creed+Multiplayer+Forums&l=1)

HIBEE12
10-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Isaac, ihave to use that now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SixKeys
10-06-2011, 04:21 PM
I'd say it depends on how well people will adjust to the changes in the new multiplayer. Some things have been majorly revamped like the approach meter. The people who mostly rely on running around a lot to get quick kills most likely aren't going to be happy about that. I don't care about them, but it remains to be seen how many other people who are used to the old system will like the new one. Personally I find it pretty easy nowadays to spot my pursuer from a mile away even if they're trying to be discreet. Other high-level players are usually good at this too. Since the new MP relies on getting close to your target for maximum points and there's now the possibility of "honorable death", I can see it might be frustrating compared to the Brotherhood MP. Basically you have to be really sneaky in order to get maximum points without your target getting an honorable death.