PDA

View Full Version : A few questions on late game economy

gusno1
10-02-2007, 03:11 AM
I've been playing through the campaign and have been wondering about a few things.

1. Productivity of buildings - the number out of 100 that appears in the building info window. This is directly related to the taxes taken from the building. What is this affected by? As far as I can tell if a building is constantly having to produce more goods and has been upgraded then it will have a higher rating. What should I aim for? Is 100/100 possible?

2. My cities always seem to reach a happy medium with 1 butcher, baker, smokehouse, dairy and basically one of every other type of building (apart from gatherers). How many of each type should you end up with and what drives the growth (apart from needing 70 workers to become marquis)?

Thanks a lot for any help, I'm totally addicted to this game lol!

djfusion
10-02-2007, 04:01 AM
As your city grows you will need more of each building to supply your Settlers. Climate changes also affect your production lines. in hard climates with long winters I tend to have a few of each clothing and food comodity as when winter comes some of these grind to a halt so it's best to have a stockpile.

Even if you feel your settlement has enough buildings to keep everyone happy - along comes another promotion where you have to have so many rich buildings, therefore, you have to build some more.

Then later on you will get to the decoration stage - I prefer to have a few of each decoration building placed throughout the settlement so that it works faster.

Once you get to this stage watch out for sick settlers, this always happens in a large settlement so make sure you have enough pharmacies and haerbs in the storehouse http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

citybuilder
10-02-2007, 07:07 AM
I don't wait for the last moment with regards to the sickies. When I first take over a region that has herbs in it, then I set the people to work gathering it up right away. At some point I put them on halt so as to not overflow an amount that I feel is appropriate to the game that Im playing in the warehouse.

This makes it much easier later on not to have to go collecting herbs only when the situation arises where I need them. And they are tucked away nicely in my warehouse just waiting to be used.

Sharogy
10-02-2007, 01:12 PM
#1, the number of xx/100 in the building info window is its earning, every item it sells gains him a certain amount of earning, and every time he pays the taxes he loses some, 100/100 is very possible in the early patches, how ever after the new tax system it is abit more difficult to have all building at 100/100. Eventhough the earning of a building indicates how much tax he can pay it is generally not needed to have all building at 100/100 as the maximum tax u can collect is "capped" by the amount of collectors.

#2, what drive the growth is simply the speed u want your settlement to progress, it is specially important in the later missions where u need to quickly build up an army to defend yourself. The first resources u need to quickly progress is wood, thus u need alot of wood choppers, and that automaticly increases the amount of food/cloth u need. And to keep up the military i found myself needing 3 bow and 3 sword smiths, to keep that up i need significant amount of spare food/cloth/cleaning/entertainment etc.

all those things that keeps adding up drives the growth of your settlement. in the end with 200/200 i have about 9 food 5 cloth 5 cleaning and 5 entertainment buildings. and 2 pharmacy

gusno1
10-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Wow thanks so much that was really quick! I'll try out some of those ideas now.