PDA

View Full Version : another glitch

Blind2Society
03-30-2011, 12:34 PM
k so this just happened and i haven't read about it before. this person who just happened to be the courtesan was appeared to have every bug in the game working for her (and she still lost) but this one was one i have never seen before. i was in a blend group and she walked up, i smoked but she stayed out of range so i just ran up and naked stunned her i stayed there and when she stood up she killed me! this was manhunt by the way

Yonmaja
03-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Ummm... In Manhunt they're still your pursuer after you stun them.

Blind2Society
03-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Yonmaja:
Ummm... In Manhunt they're still your pursuer after you stun them.

oops...*facepalm* meant to say wanted

Gulliev
03-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Same happened to me today, sorta. Mine was in Wanted.

I took a lift up to the roof and on the way up noticed the Barber was running across the roof toward me with red arrow, as in he was crossing the roof to get to me, but he saw me come up the lift so stopped right at the edge
. As soon as I landed I hit stun and was amazed I had pulled it off. He fell off the edge of the building and I got the stun points. I started to walk away, but he magically appeared back on the roof and killed me. So we basically both got the points for this one.

It was a shake your head moment.

Zoidberg747
03-30-2011, 08:19 PM
She just got lucky and got you as her contract again

DigDug510
03-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Had it happen to me several times. This is from a few weeks ago in the Annoy You thread...

@Zoidberg: I'm not sure that is the case. It seems to me, and I'm just going off of memory here, that you don't receive your new contract until after you get up from being stunned. Then it is anywhere from 10-30 seconds as it cycles through to assign you a new contract.

In my instances, I got killed as soon as the person stood back up, like I was sucked into the kill animation. And at least one of them had resistance on, so I know there wasn't enough time to get a new contract with that one.

Haven't seen it for a while though. Mostly BECAUSE I CAN'T FINISH A GAME!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Originally posted by digdug510:
Wanted. Stunning one of your three pursuers with a beautiful mute-punch, then walking to the nearest stationary blend group to recharge abilities.

Watch as the guy you just stunned walks over to you and kills you. WTF?

Anyone else experience this one? I had it happen twice over the weekend.

Gulliev
03-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Mine definitely wasn't them getting me again as a contract. There wasn't enough time, it was literally as soon as he fell off the building he was back up to the top killing me. He didn't even have time to land on the ground yet.

nightpriestess
03-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
k so this just happened and i haven't read about it before. this person who just happened to be the courtesan was appeared to have every bug in the game working for her (and she still lost) but this one was one i have never seen before. i was in a blend group and she walked up, i smoked but she stayed out of range so i just ran up and naked stunned her i stayed there and when she stood up she killed me! this was manhunt by the way

Same thing happened to me in Wanted, I was running to chill at the parthenon on the Rome map, I jumped off the tents thing and as luck would have it, a giant B popped up over the Dama Rosa's head standing in the largest blend group with the herald. I stunned her, stood there, waiting for other pursuers, she got up and stabbed me in the face. T_T

I agree with Zoidberg though, just really unfortunate with the contract selection. I've been on the other end of it where a target right next to me was selected after he stunned me. Heck, I even followed another player while the game took it's sweet time giving me a contract! I watched him stun someone and kill his target, he ended being my contract shortly after!

obliviondoll
03-30-2011, 09:49 PM
I've had a glitch a couple of times where if I start a chase and get stunned close enough together, I'll keep the contract when I go down.

Had it once in Wanted, and a couple of times in Manhunt.

It was probably that.

DigDug510
03-30-2011, 10:31 PM
I think Oblivion might be right on this one. It seems like each time it happened to me it was during a chase.

I'm gonna chase and get stunned to see if I can make it happen...

Blind2Society
03-31-2011, 01:11 AM
in case anyone missed my reply post, it was in wanted, i had a brain fart andsaid manhunt.

as for the senario there was no chase, i was in a blend group, popped smoke but she was out of range so i ran up and naked stunned her and stood over her. i never really noticed but the red persuer mark never went away and she must have been mashing square the whole time cuz the kill animation started the second she got up. my nephew was here watchin and ho could tell you same as me that there was DEFFINATELY NOT enough time for a new contract

just a rare bug i guess as this was the only time i ever saw it happen

Gulliev
03-31-2011, 01:33 AM
Mine wasn't in a chase either. I just dismissed it as lag as usual. Pretty much anything odd you see is just because everyone in the lobby seems to be at least 1 second out of sync with each other. I wish we could ping the people we are playing with.

assassinchief7
03-31-2011, 02:58 AM
Happened to me today! It happens when you get stunned JUST as you're going to kill him/her. A hellequin did it to me, then I tought her a lesson that no one can stun me and get away with it!