PDA

View Full Version : Anything that you miss in PT?

Raakile91
08-01-2005, 06:52 AM
Do you people miss anything that was in PT but has gone in CT SvM? I mean for example SS+jump or phobos. grenades. (whatever they're called) If you do, would you like it to come back?

DucusSumus
08-01-2005, 07:06 AM
Phospho nades were fun and I used them in PT. That said, I wouldn't use them in CT, so I don't really care that they are no longer in the game. All of the other things that were removed in CT, such as SS + Jump and Double Jump, needed to be removed. CT is much better than PT, simply because SS + Jump and DJ are gone.

MR.Mic
08-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by DucusSumus:
Phospho nades were fun and I used them in PT. That said, I wouldn't use them in CT, so I don't really care that they are no longer in the game. All of the other things that were removed in CT, such as SS + Jump and Double Jump, needed to be removed. CT is much better than PT, simply because SS + Jump and DJ are gone.

Agreed, even though I never used phospho grenades in PT.

Toshi_
08-01-2005, 07:24 AM
aarrgghh but you can still SS a merc and cam-gas him... :/

element54
08-01-2005, 07:48 AM
you can only ss+cam a merc if they are dumb enough to stand around after getting shocked.

Not to say that you are dumb if it happened to you toshi. It has happened to me a couple a times, usually if i'm sniping.

I used to use the phos nades all the time in PT i would use em to fake out the spy instead of shooting a frag at them. alot of times it worked, they would dive from the nade and expose themselvs for the shot.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Themoogles
08-01-2005, 09:09 AM
I miss people playing more than 4 maps. The only maps people ever play in CT are Warehouse, Club House, Deftech and Aquarius. I hate Clubhouse and Aquarius, but I loved Museum and Vertigo Plaza... now nobody really plays those.

element54
08-01-2005, 09:34 AM
real good point there Themoogles. my new map should be out soon so you will have somthing else to play. ha ha.

stinking aquarius.

dX.Gurgaue
08-01-2005, 11:25 AM
I like aquarius. Why it does "stink"? and museum is great too.

cellfan88
08-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Yeah I'm not very fond of Aquarious either.

weezer0w0
08-01-2005, 01:20 PM
when you were facing a merc as a spy and you would take out the gun, it would turn you 360 before you could do anything. or people who would glitch into spawn on deftech and think they had skillz0rz. what about when you would jump a merc and they would stay sleeping forever and the spy would be suspended in the air forever. my favorite was shooting out a cam and getting shot before the cam actually hit a wall or something, then you'd instantly be taken out of the cam but you would see the sticky cam controls while still following the spy able to move around and do other things. getting tazered through a mercs body while you were behind him, anyone?

life before insta-nades really was entertaining.
-g

SITHDUKE
08-01-2005, 02:03 PM
I miss the Cam-Shields. You could literally stop a merc dead in his tracks for a good 10 or more seconds simply by laying down a cam shield.

Camgas
Camgas
Camgas till you had used all 5 cams. Then you simply resorted to retreating to find the nearest pebble to get the height advantage over the merc...Priceless!

cdrewsr388
08-01-2005, 02:25 PM
I miss the sabotage mode or whatever it was called. The one where you had the modems and the spy had to plant them on a certain spot.

DucusSumus
08-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Themoogles:
I miss people playing more than 4 maps. The only maps people ever play in CT are Warehouse, Club House, Deftech and Aquarius. I hate Clubhouse and Aquarius, but I loved Museum and Vertigo Plaza... now nobody really plays those.
This is just untrue. There are more than 4 maps in CT, and people DO play them. Try out "Orphanage", "Station", or "Factory" sometime. I play these maps very often, and in my opinion they are some of the best maps that you will find.

Dispatcher79
08-01-2005, 04:51 PM
I would love to see the phosphurs nades again. Actually I just want to see a camoed spy in the stuff, that would look neater than a skeeters peeter!

PoseidonVSC
08-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Well, personally I find that the maps in PT were alot better than the maps in CT. I also liked the spies' outfits better in PT. But what I really miss was the overall feel of the game, PT seemed very tactical and espionage like, CT is too futuristic high-tech to me.

XyZspineZyX
08-01-2005, 06:17 PM
I like Aquarius, but not just because it's all that is played. I also enjoy Factory and Orphanage. I miss having Cinema from PT, but now I can play it on PC, IF anyone is ever playing it when I'm onhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

weezer0w0
08-01-2005, 08:06 PM
PT seemed very tactical and espionage like, CT is too futuristic high-tech to me.

hmm how do you mean? because of the new gadgets, or the changed game play?

i guess i sort of agree with your overall sentiment but only because once everyone was playing the same game there was only one way to play. as merc, tazer everything. as spy ss->jump everyone. so how you used those tools became how you won.

CT offers more of a range of play styles since aggro is toned down from PT, even though mercs stealth detection is increased.

although in the end both felt pretty futuristic.
-g

PoseidonVSC
08-01-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm mainly talking about the music, the GUI, sounds, etc...

Spekkio9
08-01-2005, 10:00 PM
I miss my mommy

MR.Mic
08-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Spekkio9:
I miss my mommy

I miss her too! ZING!

Spekkio9
08-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Yep...I hear she's a real tiger

Defcon_5
08-02-2005, 02:24 AM
You missed good patches.

Themoogles
08-02-2005, 02:59 AM
yeah, but 90% of games are either Clubhouse (I never really got the hang of it), Aquarius (HATE HATE HATE HATE HATEEEEEEEE!), Deftech (Ok, but boring and the splitjump doesn't work often) or Warehouse (This one is just old, I hated it in PT). So 50% of games are mostly old maps.

One more thing - I hate how in Deathmatch people NEVER let you use Uzi or shotgun. Well, not never, but not very often, especially when you're trying to train to be good with shotgun, and they return to lobby saying "OMG NO SHOTTE!!"

Valserp
08-02-2005, 04:15 AM
I REALLY miss the in-menu music. It roxxored my soxxorz.

Bl1nder39
08-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Hmm lemme think....what do i miss from PT.. ah yes, the fact that the host advanteg was not as big as in CT

Themoogles
08-02-2005, 01:18 PM
What is the host advantage?

scworld
08-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Hosts have a huge ping-advantage. They see you before you see them. Stuff like that.

Bl1nder39
08-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Yes and most of the time, it results in a elbow git instead of neckgrab

XHarry_TuttleX
08-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Valserp:
I REALLY miss the in-menu music. It roxxored my soxxorz.

Sometimes,I go back to PT only to hear it.And do not the forget the music heard after achieving the first objective...Like someone on this forum would say:"Priceless".

Raakile91
08-04-2005, 08:30 AM
yeah, for me, the biggest thing i miss in PT is the true feeling in it. You know all those musics and sound effects. I'm that kinda person that good music and sounds make me like almost any game possible. In CT I often feel i'm deaf or something because the lack of music and sound effects...