PDA

View Full Version : I Think I've Found A Major Bug? Anyone Else Seen This..Q?

walsh2509
03-20-2007, 08:30 PM
I Think I've Found A Major Bug? Anyone Else Seen This..Q?

Earlier I done some speed tests v fuel used, bottom line at 2/3 speed I got about 200m this used up 1% of my fuel. I don't know if the ruler is in Miles Or Kilometres?

Anyway 200 of one of those at Standard I got 100m for 1% of fuel used.

In my 1st mission in my career mode I was sent to Japan to patrol off the coast, a full tank got me there and back with some patrolling in between.

I left PH on my 2nd Mission to the Marshall Islands, this again using the ruler I about 5,000m from PH.

I set off at 2/3 and was using CT, I had gotten about 2,500m when I noticed that my fuel was down to 68%, I thought it strange but at 2/3 12kts I thought may be to fast, so I went down to 1/3 slow ahead.

I got to my station 600m west of the Marshall Islands and I was down to 30%, I had used up 70% of my fuel to get just over 5,000m.

I checked and double checked my boat and all its stations very thing was Green, no damage nothing. I sat on station and stopped the engines, I CT and over 24hrs I lost another 5% of fuel with no engines on..

I didn't bump into anything was not attacked, nothing!

As I said, I got to Japan and back with fuel left, 2nd patrol with no damage showing , I went just over 5,000m and that used up 70% of my fuel.

walsh2509
03-20-2007, 08:30 PM
I Think I've Found A Major Bug? Anyone Else Seen This..Q?

Earlier I done some speed tests v fuel used, bottom line at 2/3 speed I got about 200m this used up 1% of my fuel. I don't know if the ruler is in Miles Or Kilometres?

Anyway 200 of one of those at Standard I got 100m for 1% of fuel used.

In my 1st mission in my career mode I was sent to Japan to patrol off the coast, a full tank got me there and back with some patrolling in between.

I left PH on my 2nd Mission to the Marshall Islands, this again using the ruler I about 5,000m from PH.

I set off at 2/3 and was using CT, I had gotten about 2,500m when I noticed that my fuel was down to 68%, I thought it strange but at 2/3 12kts I thought may be to fast, so I went down to 1/3 slow ahead.

I got to my station 600m west of the Marshall Islands and I was down to 30%, I had used up 70% of my fuel to get just over 5,000m.

I checked and double checked my boat and all its stations very thing was Green, no damage nothing. I sat on station and stopped the engines, I CT and over 24hrs I lost another 5% of fuel with no engines on..

I didn't bump into anything was not attacked, nothing!

As I said, I got to Japan and back with fuel left, 2nd patrol with no damage showing , I went just over 5,000m and that used up 70% of my fuel.

cwhense
03-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Hmm maybe a bug or it maybe you had a fuel leak, just maybe they programmed in stuff like random failures and what not. It would make since that you would still use some fuel even when not moving since you would still be using power for the lights and what not, although not much.

it does seem weird, did you check your damage control screen closely, I haven't got the game yet should have it tommor.

walsh2509
03-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Lucky for me I had saved the game outbound from PH when I loaded saved game I was only 2000miles or kilometres out. I turned back and refilled at PH, the after the refill all was well with the fuel.

Now as you say faults may be programmed into the sim, 1 of 2 things.

1. Its a bug
2. Its not a bug, but then the bug is that your damage control or other crew don't pick up the fault.

As I said I went through ALL station in the crew page and all were Green, now this page is working as later on I did get a little damage and certain parts turned Red and the damage items appeared in the box bellow.

So if its not a bug and fault spring up , then the bug is the crew does not tell you about them or the control page does not indicate that there was a leak or fault.

I noticed one other thing the battery was down at 46% and when recharging I got the msg that the recharge was at 50%, but the recharge never went about 67$.

When I got back to PH for the top up with the fuel ?leak? I don't think any repairs were done, when I was topped up and ready to go again, the battery was still at 67%. If refill, also repairs faults then the battery would have been fixed too?

If going in for a refill does not do repairs, as with the battery not working/recharging to 100%. Then I don't think any repairs would have been done to any fuel fault?