PDA

View Full Version : patch?

athun
01-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Is there a patch avaiable or on the way to fix these bugs?
I just got the final life upgrade, went through sand portal and saved game, started moving and came to a dead end - an area of wall/gate that was earlier destroyed by the dahaka now seems to be back and unpassable, i checked the guides and this is the way i need to go. Also when i reloaded to try again i now load up as the wraith guy even tho i have no mask yet.

Have no intentions of starting from scratch again.

athun
10-30-2005, 09:57 AM
well i thought by now a patch would be released...last post here was 9 months ago, yet still i dont see a patch anywhere.

If there is a patch i cant find then i apologize for saying this, but what a pathetic company this is, not the way to treat your customers by ignoring so many magor bugs

kakalukiaJay
10-30-2005, 06:43 PM
1) There are no patches from Ubisoft.
2) There are toolkits from third party vendors for giving you extra powers, etc. (I do not know those details.)
3) Some of the bugs have published work-arounds. Some of the bugs are intentional design. But some of the "bugs" arise because people use illegally copied or downloaded software.
4) Unfortunately some bugs appear only in certain versions for a gaming system or for a particular country.
I had the least number of problems playing the PC-USA edition.

I remember the days when Sierra and other game developers were proud of their patching skills.
Nowadays the skills are "How much money can the game developers make off of the games sold to the game players?"
At one point Ubisoft was trying to be bought out by another buyer. Being profitable at the time was more important than being known for issuing an expensive recall.
Developing games is a business.

Hopefully you can get past your problem.