PDA

View Full Version : Mission 10: Supplies

Halabec
09-30-2007, 01:36 PM
For the love of god, please shoot the person that decided to add timed missions to this game in the head. End the misery for all of us.

Timed missions are a gimmicky game mechanic that you use when you can't think of good missions to implement that aren't timed. They ruin fun in and of themselves, even when they do work.

However, in Mission 10, I'm finding the timer is not resetting for me even after I send 100 brooms to the city of Juahar for supplies. It reset 10 times before, but now I am stuck in this godforsaken mission with no way of completing it.

I had great fun with this game until the timed quests started.

Dev hint: If you HAVE to employ timed missions, give users the ability to disable them. I didn't pay $50 to play missions over and over and encounter bugs. Not fun. Did you get that? NOT FUN. Why would anyone pay for this ****?

OlaHaldor
09-30-2007, 01:57 PM
The answer to "Why would anyone pay for this ****?" is pretty self-explaining, don't you think? You bought it, right? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I can't recall I've seen or experienced any single bug yet.

Do you know the carts actually get to their destination? Do they get captured on their way?

Do you send the brooms via the quest-thingy or via the storagehouse ?

XxMastrAssassinx
09-30-2007, 03:33 PM
You shouldnt have to send supplies if you defeat all of the catapults before visiting him in front of his castle.

aphra
09-30-2007, 05:38 PM
exactly!

just don't go and speak with him at all. as long as you flatten the trebuchets and fend of the reds' ridiculous attempt at a final attack you'll still win!

Drunc1
10-02-2007, 03:08 PM
More or less like the 2 previous posts said. The city will keep asking u for stuff during their besiegment...prolly the easiest solution is to end it. I just charged into the SE and whiped the last red outpost...and hello mission 11.

Angelromance
10-03-2007, 05:03 AM
I did talk to him. I got a timer once, he needed food!So i cured my settlers and gave him the food, right in time. The timer dissapeared again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

MarblesXIII
10-03-2007, 09:07 AM
I had a problem on this mission... Sick settlers with no medicine in site, not fun...

alxvy
10-05-2007, 06:23 PM
I found he was so constantly asking for things that I wasn't sure what he needed or what was on it's way. Also the military control is not that great which made this mission hard, but it's more of a city builder really. I wouldn't mind more raiding by the enemy on your camp in these missions as well, there doesn't seem to be that much AI going on.

Coggy1952
10-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Ive got one hungry settler right in the middle of the market place who is striking.I can't reward my knight and get my siege weapon workshop until he stops striking.There is plenty of food but he wont get lost....any suggestions..or is this a bug?

OlaHaldor
10-09-2007, 03:49 AM
Or maybe you should consider making better access to food stores in the terms of how easy it is to find the house? I had this problem myself once - lots and lots of settlers were striking - so I built a new butcher close to the marketplace - and then they were happy again..

redgamer5
01-28-2008, 06:35 PM
The only problem i have with this mission is getting the buildings rich. Other than that its really easy. As for the delivering supplies there are 2 camps of thieves on the map. I wiped out the first one but missed the second one and thus i lost the mission because of it. Anyone have any tips on making buildings rich?

megg
01-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Most times by having the buildings upgraded and fully supplied with food and clothing they become rich.

Depending on what level your Knight is though, in the castle menu you can stop taxes being collected from the buildings, and this helped also. I did that when I was playing the demo, but the drawback is, your supply of gold doesn't grow either. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

caswallawn_2k7
01-29-2008, 07:00 AM
I find the buildings get rich quick as long as you dont have that many that half of them dont get used.

vidanovicd
05-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by MarblesXIII:
I had a problem on this mission... Sick settlers with no medicine in site, not fun...
Did you resolved this problem? I also have same problem with my settlers. They requesting medicine even I have no way to provided it. Really moronic

megg
05-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Have you tried not doing the last upgrade of the cathedral, thereby keeping your population under 150? The need for medicine seems to start after that upgrade.

halo1cej
05-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Here is what you should do. Remember that you have to send 30 stone before you need to send all that food, clothing, and cleaning supplies, well dont send the stone, instead, use your catapults to destroy the enemies storehouse and you will win, thats what I did and it worked. Didn't have to send anything.