PDA

View Full Version : wtf is with the lock system and camera?

PryingTuna85649
06-28-2011, 10:58 PM
I know it's been brought up before and I think I was even one of the people to do it, but I still don't get it and I'm raging mad about this. Playing tonight I noticed my camera would just automatically flip around as I was trying to lock someone. And hence, I died. I switched the camera mode to manual, but it still happened. And I just got disoriented, making the game even harder. Can someone explain the camera to me? I keep having camera problems, no matter what I try, and it's just driving me nuts.

And with the lock system...I know people say you just have to figure it out and practice, but that's not working for me. I'll get a target coming up, and if they are anywhere NEAR other personas, I WILL NOT be able to lock them. I can fish for them, keep my finger on the lock button, or just hit it once. Nothing works. If I wait to get closer (even if I'm in a group), they always get me first. And when you get stunned and are supposed to be able to lock your Pursuer while on the ground...I am 100% unable to. The person will be right in front of me and highlighted...I have NEVER been able to lock them. I've repeatedly hit the lock button and it NEVER works. My other problem is when I lock at the same time as someone else, I'm NEVER the first person. I'll be 5-10 seconds away and lock at the same time, think I've gotten the lock, and don't even have the notification of a Pursuer until the time I'm dead.

What is going on with this? I'm literally raging mad about this at this point and am doing everything I can to keep from using vicious profanities. I'm started to think more and more that I don't even want to bother getting ACR. Ubisoft didn't fix the problems with ACB, despite saying they would, and they (in my opinion) only made the problems it did have worse. They had a full year to fix things and they didn't...disregarding complaints as "a connection issue on the player's end." The game alone makes a lot of people mad (assassination is just tricky/feels underhanded)...the problems are about to give me a stroke on top of the way the game just is. And I try to learn from the examples already set...I don't think things will be any better in the next game.

Anyway, if someone could explain what the crap is going on with this stuff. It would be greatly appreciated. The only games I can ever get into now are with people in the top 100, so I'm completely miserable with getting scores (match scores, not kill scores) of under 1000 points.

Lethalla
06-29-2011, 06:45 AM
Afraid I don't have an answer for either of those but want to add my annoyance at what happens to the camera when I'm on a roof and my compass lights up, so I've got LOS on my target.
As soon as I get to the edge, my persona looks down, yet all of a sudden my camera flips up skyward. WTH is going on with this? Can't tell you how many aerial kills I've missed because by the time I've wrestled it down again the target is gone or I can't tell from such a high vantage which one is which.
And no, for the record, I don't roof much. But if I go up there to escape my pursuer and my target's on the other side, well, I'll take the opportunity if I can. Which apparently isn't often.

Okay, rant over...

PryingTuna85649
06-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Last night was the first time I've had my camera flip around like that. I thought it was the camera mode I was using, but switching it didn't really help. The camera still flipped and just became harder to use. It was really disappointing, because I had to wait 20 minutes just to get in a game (I got in one after 10 minutes, but as soon as the GT list pops up all but 3 left because HexyWoo was in it...that really sucked). Finally got into another one and encountered RaininStormwake FOR THE 2ND DAY IN A ROW (lol, I've gotten creamed A LOT the last few days) among some other REALLY freaking good 10K/match players I wasn't familiar with. I don't quit out of these matches because it's too hard to get into a match at all now and because of hearing about everyone leaving a match once they see these people in the lobby. I've pretty much accepted I'm just not going to be able to get 1st in Assassinate because I'm horrible at it. If I can get my scores to be consistently 4k, I'd be happy. But they are literally all over the board and by the end of the night last night, the games became glitchier (half way through one match, I got poisoned by 2-3 different people ALL AT ONCE and the green screen of death glitch happened...thus beginning the descent into glitch-world) and the last 3 games I played I struggled to break 1k (the last 2 games I couldn't).

So while I score my highest score ever on any game mode last night at one point (6900), I chalk that up to getting lucky because I wasn't consistent. And from last night to tonight, I do think I was able to do a little better after playing with these really good players (ie, practice and experience). But I really DON'T understand the camera and the lock system (which people agree is pretty crappy) is really messed up for me. I do admit that practice helps, but there's something wrong with this lock system. And even though it's not exclusive to me, it really seems like it is right now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

thergbcolor
06-29-2011, 08:46 AM
I've deafened teammates and opponents with rage-filled shrieks about the camera many a night. This game is tricky enough to be good at without feeling like the camera does the exact opposite of your will precisely when it is most important that the camera actually respond to the right stick.

Daveskie
06-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Can't say I have ever had this problem. What platform are you on?
Also, I'm pretty sure you can't lock the target who stunned you while you are on the ground and for a few seconds after unless your talking about assassinate then IDK because I don't play it because I like the concept but hate the product.

PryingTuna85649
06-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Daveskie:
Can't say I have ever had this problem. What platform are you on?
Also, I'm pretty sure you can't lock the target who stunned you while you are on the ground and for a few seconds after unless your talking about assassinate then IDK because I don't play it because I like the concept but hate the product.

I'm on Xbox. Don't you play with amoralcompass and t0xic? If you're who I'm thinking of, I've played with you a time or two. I am talking about Assassinate. I know I've seen people talk about locking on the target that just stunned you while on the ground in Assassinate so they only get Discreet points, but every time I've tried I'm completely unable. They'll even be waiting for focus and I won't be able to lock on. But people do it to me ALL the time, so I know it's possible.

Ripe Claw
06-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Do you all use inverted or normal axis. I wonder if one or the other causes weird glitchy camera. I use Inverted, never really remember seeing it.

obliviondoll
06-29-2011, 09:07 PM
I have the camera spin weirdly intermittently when climbing and running, and quite often when I'm near a solid wall (one with a sealed building behind it, not a thin one, where I just end up with the camera camping behind the wall so I get a nice close-up on the brick texture) or the edge of the map.

I use inverted controls, and I'm on PS3, if that helps. Worth having everyone we can get post their platform and whether controls are inverted, see if there's a pattern. Given the lack of pattern to all the other glitches, though, I'll be surprised if there's one here.

Also, I NEVER had ANY trouble AT ALL with the camera, EVER, before the "here, we fixed matchmaking by giving you more lag" patch.

PryingTuna85649
06-29-2011, 10:56 PM
@ripe.claw, I use whatever the default is. I have messed around with the manual camera...right now it's on, but I think I started having problems with the spin while it was off. Turning it on helped a bit, but not entirely. It's harder to control now. I can't remember what the default was, though. What is an inverted axis?

@obliviondoll, once I find out what inverted camera is, I'll let you know what the results are if I decide it's not too much of a change for me to be able to try fairly easily. And the patch of doom was the worst possible thing Ubisoft could have done for this game. Well, that and refusing to fix the problems caused by the patch.

Ripe Claw
06-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Inverted is not the default. I started playing games a long long time ago and things were inverted, so it is the first thing I change on any game I play that it is relevant.

So on this game x and y axis both start non-inverted.

I don't know how successful you would be at trying to change our whole gameplay by inverting them, but I guess you could give it a shot. Maybe it will fix the camera issue.

I'm at work, so I can't go look where it is, but it is somewhere in the options.

WIDOMKR383
06-30-2011, 06:30 AM
This glitch has plagued me for quite some time now.

First I thought it was because of my controller settings but going from manual to auto to inverted to normal nothing has changed. Even a new controller was purchased thinking it was the problem...grrr.

One thing that does remain in common is that when I lock someone on the ground then proceed to hunt them down on the roof is when the camera goes haywire. As well as when I lock someone on the roof and try to follow them to get a focus kill (which doesn't happen and I just end up smaching the ever living poo out of the kill button.) is when i loose complete control of the camera.

When this glitch showes up sometimes it will clear out in one game, sometimes it will not clear out at all and the only way I can get it to stop is shutting down the game then the console and restarting it all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

PryingTuna85649
06-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Ripe.Claw:
Inverted is not the default. I started playing games a long long time ago and things were inverted, so it is the first thing I change on any game I play that it is relevant.

So on this game x and y axis both start non-inverted.

I don't know how successful you would be at trying to change our whole gameplay by inverting them, but I guess you could give it a shot. Maybe it will fix the camera issue.

I'm at work, so I can't go look where it is, but it is somewhere in the options.

Maybe I'll try that tonight. Thanks for the info. I can find where it's at...I've been in options a number of times playing with the manual vs. auto camera options. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

And @WIDOMKR383, that really sucks. But I'm glad to know it's a glitch and not something I'm doing or my controller is doing. I haven't seen it since that night, but I'm definitely on the lookout.

Just Krispy
06-30-2011, 08:41 AM
The other weird thing is pointed out by Squiddish in one of his older video..when he first pops into a stationary blend group and tries to spin his camera around, his persona moves too. I have this happen all the time and it gets me killed a lot. If you move your stick the second time, the character stays still like they are supposed to.

Lethalla
06-30-2011, 06:04 PM
@Just Krispy - the problem with the camera spin making the blended persona twitch is mainly an XBox problem - it rarely happens on PS.
I found last night on XBox that it was because I was in the blend group but it hadn't properly registered (I was in the silvery 'mesh' pattern but may have been too near the edge) and my persona was just standing there like Captain Obvious (ie not behaving like an NPC). I spun my camera, he moved too. Popped out of blend and back in (and heard the 'blend lock' sound), persona started moving his arms and the camera spin no longer caused him to move.
Very occasionally this happens on PS3.

Might be worth experimenting to see if this problem is caused solely by the game not recognising you're in the blend. I'll certainly be keeping a close eye on it, for what it's worth.

On the other hand, it's very useful for catching out noobs, especially in MH... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

obliviondoll
06-30-2011, 08:03 PM
On PS3 it happens one of two situations, in my experience:

1. when you get the mesh effect but don't start the animations for being in the blend group. This is VERY rare, but happens slightly more often in laggy games.

2. When you have the right stick in a neutral position, then move it AS you're joining the blend group. If you don't drop it back to neutral, your character will continue to spin with the camera controls, but just letting go of it for a moment usually lets your character finish blending in.

PryingTuna85649
06-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by PMSKrispy:
The other weird thing is pointed out by Squiddish in one of his older video..when he first pops into a stationary blend group and tries to spin his camera around, his persona moves too. I have this happen all the time and it gets me killed a lot. If you move your stick the second time, the character stays still like they are supposed to.

I saw this video (rewatched it not too long ago, actually...yay, SquiddishReturns!). Never experienced it before (not that I noticed) and then a few days ago it happened for the first time ever. It hasn't happened since (and it only happened once), but that was really annoying. I think it may have happened in the same match as the camera problem.