PDA

View Full Version : Corner Humping, Any Ideas?

deadly_thought
11-19-2011, 05:40 AM
um did ubi not see this coming ppl camping in a corner with trip bombs or smoke there is no way to approach these guys at all without getting stunned

ive taken to running at them when im not after them just to try and get them to blow their smoke prematurely(he he)

that doesnt help when the game keeps making them your target 5 times in a row anyone got any ideas on this its not liking hiding in a haystack or in a group its just plain silly

Archosakun
11-19-2011, 05:44 AM
You can still kill when hit with a Trip Wire

deadly_thought
11-19-2011, 05:53 AM
well then it must be some sort of other weapon that you can drop on the floor that explodes and causes you to hunch over and grab your face while they stun and what about smoke?

JTS_812
11-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Archosakun:
that's only if your quick, they in the middle of it, or if there to late...

postwick
11-19-2011, 08:00 AM
if they posted up on a corner they must have known you were coming so you weren't stealthy enough.

rocketxsurgeon
11-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by postwick:
if they posted up on a corner they must have known you were coming so you weren't stealthy enough.

Or they were told they had a pursuer, so they camped in the corner waiting for who ever it is to show their face.

Stopthemadness87
11-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Throw a smokebomb at them if they're using smokebombs themselves.

A guy who posts here that I was in a lobby with a bit too often in brotherhood used to do nothing but this stupid **** on forli (corner of the map by the tunnel). I dont think I ever saw him break 3k, so it wasn't really a problem, but it annoyed me to no end. He was just standing there in the corner for 10 minutes straight waiting for his pursuers to come.

He was also the kind of guy who would take the lift up that gigantic wall on florence, hang on the lift, wait for pursuers to take the lift up, drop smokebomb, drop down and stun, back up and hang on the lift and wait for his next pursuer.

deadly_thought
11-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by postwick:
if they posted up on a corner they must have known you were coming so you weren't stealthy enough. whast part of CAMPING IN THE CORNER dont you understand they sit there for the entire match

AVanguardLeads
11-19-2011, 08:55 AM
I suppose you mean "camping" and not "humping". When I suspect someone of using tripwire I try to conceal myself, then hit them with a knife. If they don't move then it's usually there somewhere and I go around. THIS WILL NOT ALWAYS WORK. It's a last ditch tactic that I use against known campers until I come up with something better.

deadly_thought
11-19-2011, 09:15 AM
you cant go around because they are in the corner at the edge of the map with their back turned "humping" the wall ive taken to using the hidden gun or simply killing a civilian and look for a new target i hate using the hidden gun though waste of an ability slot

Taekwonthis
11-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Well seems like if they are in a corner is there not a roof around...go in from above even as much as jumping right into the corner landing on top of them for the kill, i dont understand why you cant get the kill even with the tripwire i still get my kill all the time with people who use it.

CrazyShrapnel
11-19-2011, 09:33 AM
LoS from a distance and build to incog (So you can do more high profile stuff without chasing). Slowly approach (Slowly walking should set off any tripwires) knife him, wait for him to drop smoke/scare him into dropping smoke if he has any then kill him in his corner.

postwick
11-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by deadly_thought:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postwick:
if they posted up on a corner they must have known you were coming so you weren't stealthy enough. whast part of CAMPING IN THE CORNER dont you understand they sit there for the entire match </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so in that case, come up behind them.

postwick
11-19-2011, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by deadly_thought:
you cant go around because they are in the corner at the edge of the map with their back turned "humping" the wall ive taken to using the hidden gun or simply killing a civilian and look for a new target i hate using the hidden gun though waste of an ability slot

oh I thought you meant camping a corner face-first so they can see down a passageway or through a doorway.

Kotoso
11-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Unless they are using a tripwire bomb crafted for extra range, you should be able to go around it, or kill through it. Look for the tripwire to see where it is. If it is in the middle of the blend group, and they are in the corner, I think you could kill them by hugging the wall as you set it off. I haven't tried slow walking through a tripwire yet though.

E-Zekiel
11-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by JTS_812:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archosakun:
that's only if your quick, they in the middle of it, or if there to late... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not a matter of quick, really, aside from perhaps an extremely quick reaction time if you hear it go off.

This is how trip wire works:

Trip wire has a set trigger distance.

Trip wire has a set effective distance.

It triggers approximately .5-1m longer than its effective distance. If you STOP IMMEDIATELY after triggering it, you will not be disabled, and can kill your target (note: you will be exposed, and this will more than likely be a contested kill.)

Here is a visual approximation to make it easy to understand:

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nu3ok4.png

Additional notes:

Kill range is longer than trip wire range. If they are standing RIGHT ON TOP OF IT, you will kill them with 0 problem.

If the smoke hits you, you will be disabled and vulnerable to stun, regardless of anything, for a brief time period (it's much shorter than smoke bomb).

You can see trip wire bombs on the ground and walk around them, depending on their placement. Personally, I tend to place them in such a way that walking around them is impossible without exposing yourself. But I don't use them much anymore.

Serrachio
11-19-2011, 03:27 PM
It would be nice if there was a counter to Tripwires that involved an ability. Currently, they require you to pander around them in order to set them off without harming yourself, but even then, they require you to react quickly and most often, you can't get anything other than a Contested kill.

If Firecrackers could set them off from a distance, or if Mute could briefly disable it from setting off, it might be a little more fair towards a player going against one.

Purgeknight
11-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I wonder if Decoy could given you lock the player and send it off, probably not, but I'll still check it out.