PDA

View Full Version : How is the netcode these days

ContrailKing
10-25-2004, 08:11 PM
Hi guys,

I played RvS online for a few months when it was first released, but kept getting frustrated by the netcode. By that I mean the player warping - especially around corners. One minute it'd be all clear, then before you know it some bad guy has flashed into existence around a corner and capped you.

I really want to enjoy RvS online, as it's such a great looking game with a huge range of weapons, but this one iffy feature kept me away from it. I'm just wondering how the game plays online now that it has been patched again? Is it the same as ever?

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2004, 08:23 PM
well some that have been playing with the new patch say it plays a lot better. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

C1v1l1an
10-25-2004, 10:09 PM
I don't find there's any change at all in the netcode. I played for about 20 minutes and still found myself in fights emptying 30 rounds out of a Famas at pointblank range to discover the outcome only after both of us had expended all our ammo. My connection is a very stable 1megabit up/ 10 megabit down cable. My netspeed is as recommended in the settings.

ContrailKing
10-25-2004, 10:36 PM
What a shame. I guess I'll leave it until (if ever) some serious work on the netcode happens.

MT_Bever
10-25-2004, 10:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ContrailKing:
What a shame. I guess I'll leave it until (if ever) some serious work on the netcode happens. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
there are no more patches coming out except hotfixes for patch 1.6, so the netcode will probably never change