PDA

View Full Version : GRAW and multicore processors

EliteCovertOps
09-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I have an Intel Core2 Quad running at 2.4GHz with 4GB DDR2 800MHz dual-channel RAM (the dual-channel setup makes the RAM's effective speed 1600MHz, since the dual-channel technology doubles the data transfer rate of the RAM; the dual-channel technology effectively doubles the bus speed of the RAM (logically, not physically) ) an Vidia GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB Superclocked vid card, and a Razer Barracuda soundcard. What I want to know is, does Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter support multithreading (meaning it fully utilizes a multicore processor), and if so, how would it utilize a quad-core processor if each core is recognized by the OS as a separate processor (meaning four 2.4GHz, 1066MHz FSB processors)? Right now, I am averaging about 70 frames per second in GRAW with my current setup.

EliteCovertOps
09-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I have an Intel Core2 Quad running at 2.4GHz with 4GB DDR2 800MHz dual-channel RAM (the dual-channel setup makes the RAM's effective speed 1600MHz, since the dual-channel technology doubles the data transfer rate of the RAM; the dual-channel technology effectively doubles the bus speed of the RAM (logically, not physically) ) an Vidia GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB Superclocked vid card, and a Razer Barracuda soundcard. What I want to know is, does Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter support multithreading (meaning it fully utilizes a multicore processor), and if so, how would it utilize a quad-core processor if each core is recognized by the OS as a separate processor (meaning four 2.4GHz, 1066MHz FSB processors)? Right now, I am averaging about 70 frames per second in GRAW with my current setup.

buttercupp
09-05-2007, 07:46 PM
It does support multicore processors. When I ran it on a q6600, it spread across all four cores (I checked via task manager while my character was idle in a multiplayer map).

It also does well on my E6850. Don't ask me why I traded my q6600, lol. They are both nice CPUs for this game, though.

From what I recall, it will divide the tasks; one processor will run the game, phsyx will run on another processor, etc.

Abercannazer
09-09-2007, 08:56 AM
This was mentioned in the promo-vids for the game.. yes.. as buttercup has said, the game splits it's various engines between the cpu's.

Quite smart really, less bottlenecking etc.

james_fed
09-12-2007, 01:49 PM
lol With 70fps then I dont think you reli need to worry if youve got all your 4 cores doing work!

ThumperDFN
09-12-2007, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abercannazer:
This was mentioned in the promo-vids for the game.. yes.. as buttercup has said, the game splits it's various engines between the cpu's.

Quite smart really, less bottlenecking etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess thats why the game runs so well in multiplayer mode too. I have yet to see any lag at all when playing MP.