PDA

View Full Version : test runway 3.03 air start bug used as advantage

xTHRUDx
12-31-2004, 04:05 PM
Myself and Crooked Bird have been able to use the test runway map airstart bug as an advantage in some of our online DF maps.

the way we use the air starts is for bombers or to represent planes coming from an off map location.

we created 2 test runways and put them close together or crossing one another at the needed location. We then put a home base on one of the test runways and in properties we select bombers only to spawn there.

Example:
i used this feature/bug in a Guadalcanal map to represent IJA land based planes coming from Rabual. they would already be higher due to the journey and the planes out of Henderson field have to climb up to them.

2nd example:

can be used to air start loaded carrier planes over a carrier

xTHRUDx
12-31-2004, 04:05 PM
Myself and Crooked Bird have been able to use the test runway map airstart bug as an advantage in some of our online DF maps.

the way we use the air starts is for bombers or to represent planes coming from an off map location.

we created 2 test runways and put them close together or crossing one another at the needed location. We then put a home base on one of the test runways and in properties we select bombers only to spawn there.

Example:
i used this feature/bug in a Guadalcanal map to represent IJA land based planes coming from Rabual. they would already be higher due to the journey and the planes out of Henderson field have to climb up to them.

2nd example:

can be used to air start loaded carrier planes over a carrier

xTHRUDx
12-31-2004, 04:13 PM
you can put the test runways in the trees to force people to land on the carrier