PDA

View Full Version : GRAW3: Single-Player wall-hugging in Multiplayer

Sword of Judah
12-23-2007, 12:28 PM
Do you wish the single player wall-hugging "cover" feature in GRAW/GRAW2 was present in the multiplayer too? I know I do, but many people don't.

So rather than let Ubisoft decide for us, let's put it to the vote:

snapkracklepop
12-23-2007, 12:37 PM
I would like to see cover removed all together. It's just a way to see whats around the next corner without any risk.

Sword of Judah
12-23-2007, 12:44 PM
That's not the "cover" option, that's 3rd person view.

snapkracklepop
12-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Yeah, but do you really think that they will go back to fp? I wouldn't mind it if it was in fp, but I would prefer a lean to a cover system.

XxCH0NGxX
12-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by snapkracklepop:
I would like to see cover removed all together. It's just a way to see whats around the next corner without any risk.

ummm....dude, you can still see around corners with out exposure. cover system wouldnt be any different than someone sticking their face into a wall to see around a corner.

I don't understand why people complain about a cover system, when all they do is stick their face in a wall anyways. With a cover system, at least it looks realistic, and not a bunch of guys kissing walls.

I was on Aral Sea once, came around the corner, and that retention wall over on the high ground part of the map.....Saw their whole team with their faces mashed up against the wall trying to see down range. At least a cover system, they would have looked realistic, with their backs to the wall.

What I suggest is that when you go into cover mode, the camera is forced into FIRST PERSON VIEW. This is where RSV got is wrong, the whole game was first person, but when you got to a corner you could go 3rd person and cheat and see around the corner.

snapkracklepop
12-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Oh yes, having an out of body experience in the middle of a fire fight every time you come up to a corner is realistic. A lean is much more realistic. As I said I wouldn't be as opposed to a cover system that was in fp but I doubt that will happen and the lean is better anyway.

XxCH0NGxX
12-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by snapkracklepop:
Oh yes, having an out of body experience in the middle of a fire fight every time you come up to a corner is realistic. A lean is much more realistic. As I said I wouldn't be as opposed to a cover system that was in fp but I doubt that will happen and the lean is better anyway.

I never said anything about an out of body experience. you got it backwards. I said you are in 3rd person, when you come up to a wall you are forced into 1st person.

The next GR most likely will have lean in it. The Redstorm that made the original is making it. Singleplayer is supposed to be the same as the multiplayer, so expect there to be lean.

Trick502
12-23-2007, 09:06 PM
I never said anything about an out of body experience. you got it backwards. I said you are in 3rd person, when you come up to a wall you are forced into 1st person.

[/QUOTE]

Example HERE (http://media.putfile.com/GRAW-32) of forced FPV in cover mode, which I think is a good idea . But the camera will have to be adjusted so players can't see around the corner w/o exposing part of the character's head or body

BS PALADIN
12-24-2007, 06:42 AM
A cover mode with OTS in the next Ghost Recon game will guarntee that I wont buy it. HArdly a big loss but Personally I think cover mode would further ruin the gameplay.

Jermtheory
12-24-2007, 04:52 PM
I don't understand why people complain about a cover system, when all they do is stick their face in a wall anyways. With a cover system, at least it looks realistic, and not a bunch of guys kissing walls.

some of us know how to properly use a lean.

...and lets just say,"looks realistic" is an opinion i do not share.