PDA

View Full Version : SH or SS?

Lokki1980
05-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Patches, Patches.. wherefor art thou patches?

Yep it would be great to see a 1.3, 1.4 etc.

But after a weekend playing SH4 with an old game playing bud from the Amiga days we both have the opinion that this is just a revamped Silent Service game with a few extras and eye candy, a few similar bugs and gameplay problems.

If i was a Silent Service dev i'd think i'd be p****d off, SH4 seems either reworked or a copied format.

Don't get me wrong love SH when it works, loved SS. Just old Ubi selling gameplayers (and possibly old devs)down the river for a corporate buck, or rather 500 mill euros in their last financial year. Which ever side of the fence you're on, it does make us all look a tad dense.

Anyhow, not looking for arguement just opinions on if SH4 (or 3 etc) is a reworked or copied Silent Service.

lubecknj
05-08-2007, 02:06 PM
SS2s gameplay blows this game out of the water.

horseman1985
05-09-2007, 11:32 AM
I've played both and of course my SS goes way back to the Commodore 64 days :P still play it occasionally even tho joysticks for the 64 are getting extremely hard to find considering no one has made anything for it in 15 yrs :P actually I use a modified sega genesis game pad that seems to do the trick they have similarities and a few differences, I was late on the silent hunter thing didn't get into it until a year ago with SH3, but I can safely say I'm hooked, I think 4 has the potential once all the bugs are resolved :P still want something besides sub command or Dangerous Waters for my nuc boats tho I served on a few in the USN both "boomers" (SSBN's for you civvie types) and the SSN's and yes I'm starting a writing campaign to my local congressman to get a Virginia Class SSN named for Adm. Charles Lockwood, :P we had a LA Class named for Rickover so why not. actually there's a Frigate named for Adm Lockwood so I need to find out if it's still in commission I guess