PDA

View Full Version : Getting UPSET...FREEZES during "Epicenter" event everytime

JackDeagon
10-22-2011, 06:04 PM
EVERYTIME during the "Epicenter" event...When it comes to Tom Petty "Good Enough" for the Encore...IT FREEZES..I'm getting frustrated/upset, it's been 3 days of this for me now...this should be a patched bug by now since it's keeping me from unlocking songs and PLAYING the game..I've played the "Epicenter" event 5x now... I can play Slither well enough to make me smile now...but thats NOT the point.

Someone please make me feel better :/

And Ubisoft, I love Rocksmith...let's keep this boat rocking... Give us a breadcrumb or 2...It's YOUR website forum and all...Where's the love??

element1988
10-22-2011, 06:08 PM
they need a Technical Support forum for Rocksmith >.< and active GMs to help

Pancho X1
10-22-2011, 06:42 PM
what system are you playing on? I'm on an Xbox360. I've only experienced one freeze so far. it was while the Big Swing Baseball was loading. But I'm not up to the Epicenter yet. i'll keep my fingers crossed.

JackDeagon
10-22-2011, 06:44 PM
@Pancho..PS3

Even when I Edit the Setlist for Epicenter..adding AND removing songs...When Tom Petty comes up for the encore it still FREEZES...it's PS3...How am I the only one experiencing this??

Frustrating

Pancho X1
10-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by JackDeagon:
@Pancho..PS3

Even when I Edit the Setlist for Epicenter..adding AND removing songs...When Tom Petty comes up for the encore it still FREEZES...it's PS3...How am I the only one experiencing this??

Frustrating

hmmmm can you clear the cache?

JackDeagon
10-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Don't know what that means...But I will do it if you think it will help...Do you mean just play different songs? Cause when I do that, the same Tom Petty song is the encore.

And if it matters, the whole PS3 is freezing and forcing me to press the power button.

Pancho X1
10-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Don't know what that means...But I will do it if you think it will help...Do you mean just play different songs? Cause when I do that, the same Tom Petty song is the encore.

And if it matters, the whole PS3 is freezing and forcing me to press the power button. basically, if I get the terminoligy right, the cache is memory in your system that it retains to perform certain functions faster. on the xbox, which I am playing on, clearing the cache can somtime elimitate issues like freezing. I would look at your ps3 manual to see if it outlines how to clear it. check the troubleshooting section. you may want to look online for instructions as well or perhaps somebody here can help. Honestly, I'm not even sure that you can perform a clearing to your cache on a ps3 but its worth looking into.

CircusMidget_TS
10-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Try deleting the game data for Rocksmith, it's possible something may have happened to it during the installation. Also, unplug any devices that isn't a Sony controller and the guitar before entering the game. If you know someone with a PS3, test the disc out on their system. It could be something going on with the disc.

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Ummm...delete the Game data? I've got almost 20 hours this week invested in my 5 million+ Rocksmith Points...I don't think I'm gonna delete the game to hope that 20 hours later it works :/

I'll try umplugging components(just guitar and 1 controller) ...It has not been installed on my PS3, I just play it off the disc.

Thank you for responding, it was gettting frustrating not hearing from Ubisoft on their own website forum, so I contacted QA at Ubisoft to get them on this forum. This morning :/ Cause I'm angry I can't play my game

I'm new to PS3 cause I only bought it for this game, if I take it to a friends PS3 will it know who I am? Or would I have to play 100 songs to get back through to the Epicenter event?

Very frustrating, we assume the little quirks might be tweaked eventually, but who releases a game that keeps freezing in the same exact spot and doesnt release a patch for it..

Maybe some of these forum people(I'm on every Rocksmith forum and thread looking for solutions) are correct..Ubisoft has our money they don't give a crap anymore...

CircusMidget_TS
10-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Game data....not save data. Save data is totally different from the game data and it will not delete your progress. If you delete the save data, then yes you will lose your save progress.

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 02:16 PM
Thank YOU VERY much...I am doing it today..

Sorry I jumped the gun looking for help, I just realized its been a weekend, so I shouldnt have expected an immediate response..

Thank you Thank you...

p.s. Tell all these "Load Time" whiners that the program was designed that way to give us 15 seconds to play the fun riff we just learned...

RonV66
10-24-2011, 02:19 PM
Maybe you can copy the save data first to an usb disk for backup purposes.

Did you got the update 1.0.1. The first time I started the games I download right away an update.

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 02:34 PM
OK, 1st try...Deleted the Game Data...I fired up the game..It downloaded 1.01 again...And when it asked I plugged my guitar in. I started the Epicenter Event...And it FROZE during tuning on the first song this time, not Tom Petty http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif turned it off, and it is rebooting now...2nd attempt in progress

@Ron , thank you, but too late, and it didnt delete my stats, like Circus Midget explained http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ZumaRocks
10-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Just wondering if you tried the song from the main menu rather than accessing via the Epicenter event?

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 03:21 PM
FAIL!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif It FROZE in the same exact place...as soon as the Tom Petty Encore fretboard comes up..It freezes the whole PS3 and game; EXCEPT I can jam the guitar through the game sounding like Petty..forever if I want hahaha

Ok, Circus, if I go to a friends PS3, will it know who I am through the PSN network? Or will I have to build up to Epicenter again? Any more advice help or whatever youre thinking is much appreciated...thanks again

Is it really only me having this problem? Am I the only one who has played through to Epicenter on PS3

@Zuma - I have NOT played but 1 song in main menu because by playing it there makes it impossible to qualify for the next event...So it seems better to follow Rocksmith Recoomends until done with the Venues...but I cannot wait to start mastering some songs like Satisfaction, or Chimney, or heck like 10 of them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Should only have 1 or maybe 2 venues left

CircusMidget_TS
10-24-2011, 03:49 PM
If it's constantly freezing like that, it sounds like something going on with the disc perhaps. When you started having the problem, did you happen to replace the game? If not, this might need to be done. If you test it on a different PS3 and it does the same thing, then that would be good way to tell if it is the disc or not.

Also, make sure you don't have anything else plugged in other than the Sony controller and guitar.

ZumaRocks
10-24-2011, 06:15 PM
The reason I asked is because I have played the song through the main menu twice, once on combo and once on chords, didn't have a problem. I have only played 3 venues though, not sure how far you have to go to get to Epicenter.

Also, I don't really follow about not being able to qualify a song if you don't follow the career path.

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 06:23 PM
There are 3 Tom Petty versions...not sure which has been freezing...But I did play the Combo in Main Menu..worked fine..The Epicenter venue is near end..

To qualify to play in a venue you need say 20k on that song first..If you play it in the main menu and score 15k, when it comes time to play that song at a venue, you will need like 35k to qualify to play it on stage at a venue...hope that short explanation helps

muzac989
10-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Sign in with another profile, and then try and play the Tom Petty song through the main menu.

In my experience, anytime a game freezes in a specific spot, it's almost always a scratched disc. ps3 discs are especially susceptible to tiny smudges and tiny scratches because they're blu-ray, so try wiping it with a non-scratch cloth.

Also, if you were to play the Tom Petty song in the main menu, then it'll be a different song chosen for the encore because the encore song is either a song you've never played before, or the songs you've played the most.

The only game freezes I've had have been after 3 hours of play, and that happens with pretty much all ps3 games.

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Great idea..I'll play the 3 Petty versions in Menu and then it might change the Encore http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The disc is flawless visually, and it hasnt been touched or anything cept the edges

ZumaRocks
10-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Regarding qualifying songs, I'm up to the Vasoline, Boys Don't Cry + 2 others venue. Forget what it's called. I qualified Vasoline via the Continue Journey route. Then I went to main menu/songs to try Boys Don't Cry. Needed 47K to qualify, took 5 tries, but I got it. Went back to event manager and the song is qualified.

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 08:25 PM
@Muzac989 -- YOU ARE THE F'IN MAN DUDE!!!!!

I played all 3 versions of Petty and went to Epicenter Venue...The encore WAS Petty..It stuttered hard but did NOT freeze...only had to play Epicenter 7x haha

I want to hug you man...Ubisoft get this guy on the payroll

JackDeagon
10-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Thank you CircusMidget...But just like I suspected...NOT my disc and NOT my PS3 or any of that...

Just plain old garbage coding..Nice work testers

And nice attempt Midget to cover the coding mistake with things to try, knowing it was your garbage coding this whole time :/

ZumaRocks
10-24-2011, 10:21 PM
C'mon Jack, you're being kind of hard on the midget.

JackDeagon
10-25-2011, 01:20 AM
Thursday night at Borderline in Thousand Oaks, CA...I walked up to a midget wearing a corset and told her she was beautiful...and wasnt kidding..So I judge em one at a time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

CircusMidget_TS
10-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Try this:

1. Go to Continue Journey
2. Select Event Manager
3. Replace one of the songs in the event with the encore song that caused the freeze issue (in this case, Good Enough).

Play the event, and the freeze should not occur.

Give this a shot and let me know if it has helped or not.

Thanks.

woodbina
10-25-2011, 11:53 AM
mine still freezes once i finish that song as encore at that venue.... using ps3 and brand new 0% marked up disk

Iwantdlcsongs
10-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Same thing happens to me except right at the end of Good Enough before it adds up my points

Almadiel
10-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Having the exact same problem. Get to that Tom Petty song in the encore and the whole system freezes (even PS3 button won't respond) except the crowd keeps animating and I can hear my guitar and the ambient sounds through the speakers.

Going to try intentionally playing badly to avoid an encore.

Almadiel
10-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Yeah I tried putting Good Enough in the middle of the setlist, and instead of freezing the PS3 it just booted me out of the game and into the XMB as soon as that song ended during the event.

Somehow this one song is very badly bugged on PS3.

CircusMidget_TS
10-26-2011, 10:42 AM
For any of you still having this issue, please send me a PM to let me know if you can email your Rocksmith save file to me. I can forward it on to help track down the issue.

Pancho X1
10-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by CircusMidget_TS:
For any of you still having this issue, please send me a PM to let me know if you can email your Rocksmith save file to me. I can forward it on to help track down the issue.

just out of curiosity, how would one email you a save file off of an xbox? usb transfer?

cmelnick
10-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Hello, I have the exact same problem on my PS3 with the Rocksmith Best Buy edition. It is an original 60GB PS3, latest PS3 update, latest Rocksmith update. I've tried all the normal steps, removing game data, etc, etc, to no avail. I have my save data, sending PM so I can get CircuitMidget's e-mail address so I can send it in...hope you guys can resolve this quickly. Getting tired of playing these songs (although I am getting pretty good at them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ) Yea, yea, I know I can change the track list. That's my next step to try to get past this venue. I tried Musac's trick of playing all the versions of the Petty song in single song mode, but still freezes at the encore.

Here's exactly what happens:
After "Rising Sun" finishes, the crowd goes wild. Then the people in the crowd stop moving. Then the fret board fades in, then the pedal selection appears on the right side of the screen. Then the cheering fades, and nothing else happens. I can still play the guitar and hear it through the sound system, but the Petty song never starts. This is pretty frustrating. I can't move forward in the game until this is fixed.

I think the only difference is that I'm in the 6-song event at Palace Hall, not the Epicenter event. Good luck, and please keep us posted on a resolution for this.

B_Mc
10-26-2011, 10:18 PM
I am also having the same problem....

Been loving this game to death... until today after playing through the set 5 times, I almost put my guitar through my Big screen. Never thought I would loath Petty so much http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
IS there a fix for this? or are you still collecting game saves? Honestly think its a programming error. Tried, multiple systems, erases and reinstalling game data, different guitars and usb ports. All to no avail..... siiiigggghhhhhh.

Almadiel
10-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Somehow the issue cleared up. Here is the exact sequence of events:

Got to the event, PS3 froze as soon as I got to the Tom Petty Good Enough encore.

Exact same thing happened on the second try.

Tried removing a song from the setlist and replacing another with Good Enough. Game crashed to the XMB at the end of Good Enough, midway through the setlist.

Took Good Enough out of the setlist and put in a different song. Tried purposely playing badly to avoid an encore, ended up not passing the event at all.

Tried again, this time playing properly. And somehow this time I got through the Good Enough encore without incident.

So the end result is basically that I just reduced the setlist length by one song from 5 to 4, and replaced one song with another. Somehow this worked and I am able to continue the game.

JackDeagon
10-26-2011, 11:59 PM
It's about time you guys are catching up haha...I got mine to get past Epicenter by playing all 3 Petty versions, even though he was encore it still passed...I like Circus's new idea using the Petty song IN the setlist...

Anyways, I got more bad news...The next venue has 8 songs..It took me ~6 hours to qualify for all of them..I played the venue for 35 minutes (I know cause I got *****ed at for leaving dinner table hehe) And after finishing the 8th song, it reset to the Playstation home screen...I guess I'll play all 8 again later, but dang, what a Disappointment to not get credit after ALL that practicing...

I'm sure a patch will be out soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CircusMidget_TS
10-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Jack,

Sorry to hear about the game reset after so much work you put into the next set of songs. I'll definitely pass that along.

For the ones asking about where to email their saves with the freezing issue, please send it to ubisoftsupport@gmail.com

Thanks!

JackDeagon
10-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Sweeeet...Did the next venue again and it passed me through, but I wasnt good enough for an Encore so maybe that helped..

Went back and played 5 or 6 songs through the Riff Repeaters and it is soooo cool learning and being able to play real songs

I love this "game"

cmelnick
10-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Another frustrating evening...I was going to try to swap Petty in for another song to see if I could get past this event. Having a bit of trouble qualifying. Came within 270 points one time. Then, my cable jack felt a bit loose, so I pulled the cable out, and the nut fell off and fell down a vent in my room, so now I can't plug the guitar back in. Ha...not my night http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif At least it's my own fault tonight, not the game's.

I do love this game, and I really hope Ubi finds a fix for this soon. I would hate to get past this one and have it happen again...

mhweaver
10-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Just adding myself to the list of people with this problem, hoping to make this issue more visible and possibly get it investigated/fixed soon.

I've been having the EXACT same problem on my PS3 (original 60GB with latest updates for PS3 and Rocksmith) with the Best Buy edition of the game. I'll try some of these ideas when I get a chance, to see if any of them fixes the problem.

Pancho X1
10-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Hey Circus Midget, Can you tell us what the 4mb xbox live update that went active on 10/28 did?

r1chard34
10-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Joining the club.

You know the drill:

On a PS3 > Epicenter Event > encore time > Tom Petty > Game Freezes.

So what are the workarounds so far?

1. Create an alt PSnet account and level up Good Enough and try the event again.

2. Add Good Enough to the Epicenter set list.

I haven't had this PS3 for very long. How do you mail the save file? How do you even access the innards of the PS3?

Also, so far everyone reporting the problem is on a PS3 right?

likeabigdawg
10-29-2011, 05:43 PM
I reduced the number of songs in the setlist to the bare minimum of 4 plus the one encore and that helped me get past this arena.

feedrail
10-30-2011, 03:30 PM
I am playing on ps3 and it's freezes when Tom Petty is the encore song, looks like this is no isolated thing but a full out right glitch, that needs a patch, I am going to try the previous steps mentioned, but seems like a lot of BS.

r1chard34
10-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by r1chard34:
Joining the club.

You know the drill:

On a PS3 > Epicenter Event > encore time > Tom Petty > Game Freezes.

So what are the workarounds so far?

1. Create an alt PSnet account and level up Good Enough and try the event again.

2. Add Good Enough to the Epicenter set list.

I haven't had this PS3 for very long. How do you mail the save file? How do you even access the innards of the PS3?

Also, so far everyone reporting the problem is on a PS3 right?

Okay I tried option one: I created a new login, leveled up Good Enough, to 30,000 in each version, and returned to my original login and played the Epicenter event.

This time I was able to play the encore, but it froze after the song.

So I guess some people are having luck just cutting the number of song? I guess I'll try that next.

Kamahl_rg
10-30-2011, 11:41 PM
im having the same problem... i play 6 songs, then "use somebody" as encore and then the petty song as second encore. Im able to play it but when i finish, the PS3 sends me to the XMB...

feedrail
10-31-2011, 03:39 AM
My problem is at Palace Hills event after House of the Rising Sun, I went and played all three Petty versions and got over 50k on each when I went back to the event, this time it froze before the Petty fretboard even came up and you dont get any guitar sounds,as compared to last time when I saw the fret board and could at least jam. Going to try removing a song and replacing with TP. Disappointed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

CircusMidget_TS
10-31-2011, 07:29 AM
I've sent along a bunch of saves that were having this issue from you guys and the devs are on it. Just keep an eye on the forums and the FAQ, once we have some news about it we'll have it posted asap.

stimike
10-31-2011, 07:39 AM
Great guys! Now instead of working on DLC they're dealing with your petty little issues.

Get it? See what I did there?

:P

feedrail
10-31-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by stimike:
Great guys! Now instead of working on DLC they're dealing with your petty little issues.

Get it? See what I did there?

:P

That's funny, I liked that.

Kamahl_rg
10-31-2011, 01:06 PM
ok... i did it!

i removed 2 songs from the setlist (there were 6 but i was allowed to play 4 to 8), i finished and even though i played well the encore wasn't available... Anyway, the game freezes way too much compared to other games i own, i can only play for 2 hours straight or so...

Twilder12
10-31-2011, 10:37 PM
EVERYTIME during the "Epicenter" event...When it comes to Tom Petty "Good Enough" for the Encore...IT FREEZES..I'm getting frustrated/upset, it's been 3 days of this for me now...this should be a patched bug by now since it's keeping me from unlocking songs and PLAYING the game..I've played the "Epicenter" event 5x now... I can play Slither well enough to make me smile now...but thats NOT the point.

And Ubisoft, I love Rocksmith...let's keep this boat rocking... Give us a breadcrumb or 2...It's YOUR website forum and all...Where's the love??
I have the same exact problem. Same exact song and everything

JackDeagon
10-31-2011, 11:09 PM
Ubisoft is soooo dumb....I can ONLY IMAGINE the amount of people who will not use Rocksmith anymore because their game keeps freezing, and they are not in any kind of forgiving mood.

I mean...COME ON...the disc out of the box does not work, I CAN'T imagine a larger FAIL...When was the last time you guys purchased a game that would let you play a few levels and then keep freezing, forcing you to hook your console up online to download a patch just to make your store bought $80 game playable...And I might mention, said patch does not exist :/

I pray this gets all worked out, because this has so much potential...If combined with Jamvox technology, the potential is endless...

Even the people here having problems and complaining are keeping their heads up, I just hope the people who are unsuspecting and unable to advance are going to stick with it also...fantastic breakthrough, can't wait to see whats next

r1chard34
11-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Ubisoft is soooo dumb....I can ONLY IMAGINE the amount of people who will not use Rocksmith anymore because their game keeps freezing, and they are not in any kind of forgiving mood.

I mean...COME ON...the disc out of the box does not work, I CAN'T imagine a larger FAIL...When was the last time you guys purchased a game that would let you play a few levels and then keep freezing, forcing you to hook your console up online to download a patch just to make your store bought $80 game playable...And I might mention, said patch does not exist :/

I pray this gets all worked out, because this has so much potential...If combined with Jamvox technology, the potential is endless...

Even the people here having problems and complaining are keeping their heads up, I just hope the people who are unsuspecting and unable to advance are going to stick with it also...fantastic breakthrough, can't wait to see whats next

Anyone on Facebook talking about this problem? Maybe we should take it there. Seems to be where the company's attention is.

Winter0rb
11-01-2011, 08:17 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. Tom Petty and Free Bird have both locked up my system. I just replaced them with a different song during the venue they caused problems for me; however, I shouldn't have to do this.

Kamahl_rg
11-01-2011, 11:29 PM
bah... it froze again after playing a long 8 song setlist... im very frustrated...

it seems like the game will always crash if i play a long setlist.

DogPhish2112
11-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Same exact thing happened to me with the same exach song. What you need to to do and this sounds crazy but it works. Add the Tom Petty song to your actual set list. That way you play it early in your setlist. Mine kept locking up on the tom petty song "good enough" when it was trying to load it as an encore.

I did this and did lock up. It must be a wierd bug, don't bother emailing ubisoft. They'll tell you to just clean your disc off!

ALuomala
11-02-2011, 10:07 AM
I just had the same problem (Tom Petty song) and did 2 things (not sure if it was one or both that fixed it): cleaned the disk (minor smudges) and removed 2 songs from the set (but left Tom Petty in (I like the song!)). I was able to advance with those 2 things completed. Luck? Who knows...

BTW, I posted to the Rocksmith FB page ("normal" one and RS Canada), and got a reply (
"we'll pass it on to the devs....") within about 20 mins. Better than here, it seems http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Allan

pipohawk
11-03-2011, 09:34 AM
It's been happening to me in the same exact place! Before Tom Petty's song starts, i am still able to jam, but everything else is frozen, of course, on the ps3!

Mistermann.db
11-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Anyone on Facebook talking about this problem? Maybe we should take it there. Seems to be where the company's attention is.

Great idea! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

DocSoCal
11-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Played right through the Epicenter gig with no issues yesterday, when the encore came up I was ready for it to diss me but... nope.

Odd stuff.

CircusMidget_TS
11-03-2011, 11:00 AM
I apologize for the frustration you guys are experiencing with this. I haven't heard anything back yet, but the freezing issues are definitely a priority and we should hopefully hear back soon with a resolution to the problem. In the meantime, just try the suggestions that have been posted here, such as changing out the songs and try deleting the game data (not the save data) and try it again. Again, once I receive any information regarding the freezing issues I'll relay it to you guys ASAP.

Misterbacon
11-03-2011, 11:03 AM
I'm having the same problem with Freebird as an encore. Twice now I've played through a 25 minute set to have my PS3 reboot or lock up during that song. I didn't even want Freebird and only got the pre-order bonus to get the Radiohead song :P.

Pancho X1
11-03-2011, 11:19 AM
so are the majorty of you on the PS3 or is this Tom Petty song issue identical on both systems? I've heard of the game having a freezing problem on the Xbox during a master mode set list but haven't heard if this particular issue is also occuring on the Xbox.

jeffm922
11-03-2011, 12:55 PM
mines doing the same thing, not the epicenter even tho, another 6 song event (dont know the exact name right now im not near my playstation), has tom petty, eric clapton, house of the rising sun, etc... sweet home alabama comes up for the encore, after i finish the song, screen goes black and goes back to the playstation main screen, have to reload the game, added the song to the setlist, played it, everything went fine, except for the song came up in encore again, played it again, same thing, froze, i uploaded my save file to ubi, they are supposedly looking at it to see problem.

CircusMidget_TS
11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
The majority of the problems seem to be happening on the PS3, but there are reports of this happening on the 360 as well.

Thomas2010240
11-03-2011, 01:53 PM
I finally got frustrated enough (after the 3rd time freezing) to look this up on the web...

Just read through all 5 pages of posts hoping to see an actual solution rather than a work around http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

1st gen PS3 here...game has frozen in other spots too..even on the menu once (disc is flawless)

C'mon Ubisoft get this fixed!

gonna try the workarounds later tonight...too frustrated to turn the game on now...

r1chard34
11-03-2011, 02:40 PM
The majority of the problems seem to be happening on the PS3, but there are reports of this happening on the 360 as well.

Thanks for the updates Midget.

Give our regards to Ubi_SamSeed and bukowski113.

caldaar
11-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Question... I thought my ps3 was dying but maybe not? I am not as far as you guys are but:

Was playing Nirvana In Bloom in an event, and in the middle of the song the singing and background music disappear. The only thing I can hear is my sad excuse for playing and the croud. But the tabs keep coming at me. When the song ends, but never exits. I try to quit the game and goes black and never quits. Have to fully power off my ps3.

Same thing or should I con my wife into letting me upgrade my ps3?

h2oskinut
11-04-2011, 01:36 PM
I have the same problem 3 times now @ the tom petty song.

What are the proposed fixes to this problem?

h2oskinut
11-04-2011, 01:42 PM
You are too funny - I play pathetically(sp?) also... lol

Originally posted by caldaar:
Question... I thought my ps3 was dying but maybe not? I am not as far as you guys are but:

Was playing Nirvana In Bloom in an event, and in the middle of the song the singing and background music disappear. The only thing I can hear is my sad excuse for playing and the croud. But the tabs keep coming at me. When the song ends, but never exits. I try to quit the game and goes black and never quits. Have to fully power off my ps3.

r1chard34
11-04-2011, 01:43 PM

to an Xbox maybe.

Kamahl_rg
11-04-2011, 02:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caldaar:

to an Xbox maybe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
he said upgrade :P

caldaar
11-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Xbox? Great, but I am not into that whole pay for a montly membership thing to play my games online. Will stick with PS3.

fxdwgiotis
11-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Ok this is happening to me too every time on the Petty encore. Frustrating as hell!

jeffm922
11-05-2011, 05:19 PM
UPDATE on my previous post, mine was freezing at the "low down" event, after sweet home alabama at the encore, goes blank and back to playstsaion screen, tried adding that song to event, etc, still froze, after playing it bout 10 times and it freezing everytime, i finally tried my last resort, the setlist is between 4-8 songs, i deleted some songs and knocked it down to 4, played through the songs, but played very horrible, like just enough for the crowd not to be me off stage, (as if to evade the encore) either way the encore came up, sweet home alabama, stuck to my regimen and played it crappy, and to my surprise, the song ended, and no freeze, it just continued on like it should. dont know if it's coincidental or not, but there it is, i finally got past that event without a freeze, hopefully it will help someone?

steeljake
11-05-2011, 08:25 PM
wheni try to play that event it doesnt freeze it just kicks me back to the XMB (PS3). i have tried 3 times to play it and it is really starting to **** me off.

r1chard34
11-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Xbox? Great, but I am not into that whole pay for a montly membership thing to play my games online. Will stick with PS3.
I HAVE a PS3. I'm just really aggravated with the problems I've been having trying to play this game. Don't know anything about Xbox, I suppose they have their own problems, but I'm not hearing them complaining as much here.

fxdwgiotis
11-06-2011, 10:13 AM
It's about time you guys are catching up haha...I got mine to get past Epicenter by playing all 3 Petty versions, even though he was encore it still passed...I like Circus's new idea using the Petty song IN the setlist...

Anyways, I got more bad news...The next venue has 8 songs..It took me ~6 hours to qualify for all of them..I played the venue for 35 minutes (I know cause I got *****ed at for leaving dinner table hehe) And after finishing the 8th song, it reset to the Playstation home screen...I guess I'll play all 8 again later, but dang, what a Disappointment to not get credit after ALL that practicing...

I'm sure a patch will be out soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I want the last hour of my life back. I played through all three Petty versions and then did the Epicenter gig for the umteenth time. It still crashed on Petty encore. One question - did you rehearse or perform the three Petty versions? I performed.

ForkInSocket
11-07-2011, 03:20 AM
It actually locked up on me in Rehearse Mode, and not in an encore. I tried to do a restart and before the strings on the neck could change color from gray, the video froze (can still play, as others have mentioned).

Very odd.

CircusMidget_TS
11-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by LP68CA:
It actually locked up on me in Rehearse Mode, and not in an encore. I tried to do a restart and before the strings on the neck could change color from gray, the video froze (can still play, as others have mentioned).

Very odd.

I hope to hear something back from the devs about this, but in the meantime try deleting the game data for this game if you're on the PS3 or if you're on the 360, try deleting the system cache and the game data if you installed it to the hard drive. Then, reinstall it back to the hard drive.

ForkInSocket
11-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I hope to hear something back from the devs about this, but in the meantime try deleting the game data for this game if you're on the PS3 or if you're on the 360, try deleting the system cache and the game data if you installed it to the hard drive. Then, reinstall it back to the hard drive.

I tried that. Deleted everything game related (game data + patch) except my saved game. The game hangs right when the neck comes up and the noteway starts to advance. It almost seems like it chokes when trying to display the name of the song's Authentic Tone.

Anyway, it's repeatable. There's something about either that song, or the song's Authentic Tone that needs to be looked at.

jadudde
11-12-2011, 07:28 PM
The same thing happened to me on the event just before the epicenter. I finished the set then "Good Enough" was the encore but before the song starts the game locks up. What I did to get around this was to switch one of the songs in my set with the Petty song. "Good Enough" stuttered when I started the song but I made it through the set without it locking up.

fxdwgiotis
11-13-2011, 11:41 AM
It finally didn't freeze at the beginning of the Petty encore. Played all the way through to the end and was about to jump up and cheer when the song ended. It suddenly jumped to the PS3 home screen right before saving. Please fix this before I smash my guitar.

fxdwgiotis
11-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Tried replacing a song with Good Enough. Good Enough still came on a second time as the encore. It again crashed after I finished the song.

JackDeagon
11-13-2011, 10:51 PM
@fxd - I used Rehearse for the 3

But I am officially done with anything Ubisoft..This is a dumb joke on us...They have my hard earned money and I have a game I cannot play..I also want the 30 min of my life back...After Epicenter, events just reset to the PS3 home screen whenever it feels like it...I don't care why, they had almost a month after release of the supposed playable game....But you guys make sure your discs are clean and unplug any additional peripherals I'm sure thats the only problem....Good bye Ubisoft you lost a customer who was actually buying EVERY DLC going to be released not just some...I was in love with this over RB3 pro mode, but I am going back to a company with a playable game...blah

JackDeagon
11-13-2011, 10:54 PM
O. and I am going tomorrow to get my $86.59 back...Sorry BestBuy, but hopefully a huge chunk of the 79.99 comes from Ubisoft, I am ****ed Off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JaneyCastro
11-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Reading this thread makes me glad I got the XBox version (I have both systems). I haven't had any problems on the XBox so far...Even if I did, though, I don't think I'd quit the game permanently. It's just too good to let go. I think I'd just wait for the patch.

JamesKeir
11-14-2011, 09:42 PM
You guys need to cool off.... there is plently more things you can do well you wait for patch. Play some of the songs, play the mini games, and get better at guitar. Hell even learn some music theory online or through another product (I recommend learn and master guitar). Chill out and rock on!!!

--James

aetherech0s
11-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Pray for Ubisoft. They'll probably go bankrupt now that one guy has got his refund.

Sliwko
11-15-2011, 07:12 PM
I had the exact same problem in the exact same spot. I even took the disc back to Best Buy and got a replacement one. Still froze on T Petty. I got around it by playing thru the setlist and just barely making the minimum score to advance but not get the encore. It worked. I know that it isn't and ideal work around but it will get you thru. After that one random bug (I did freeze again but I think it was just an overheating issue playing for 5 hours straigh will do that as well as make you fingers f%^%ing sore as hell) I haven't had any probs with the game since. I think the min to get thru Epicenter is 246K and some change so play thru and make sure you don't break 250.

stanleymarc
11-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Hey CircusMidget_TS. IS there any update/ progress on what being done about these issues? Please Don't leave us hanging.

fxdwgiotis
11-16-2011, 01:22 PM
I still haven't passed Epicenter without a freeze or shutdown, but the next venue opened up anyway when I hit 4,000,000 RSP.

ollie_n_g
11-16-2011, 07:08 PM
I finally ran into this problem playing The Regency event with the recommended setlist. Played the set and a Freebird encore and was then kicked back to the XMB screen (PS3).

tarao666
11-29-2011, 04:48 AM
It's been almost a month since midget said they were fixing this ASAP. Any news?

BlackSunshine7
11-29-2011, 07:57 AM
I'm seeing the getting kicked to XMB as well. It's frustrating but, while I wait for a way around it I have taken the time to learn a few songs on the game and up my mini game scores.

fxdwgiotis
12-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by fxdwgiotis:
I still haven't passed Epicenter without a freeze or shutdown, but the next venue opened up anyway when I hit 4,000,000 RSP.

So I passed the Regency set and it kicked me back to the XMB screen after Freebird. Clearly we are all having similar problems. Where is the patch already?

ZumaRocks
12-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Not due for another month.

JaneyCastro
12-06-2011, 09:12 PM
One of the dev team guys (Nao) on the Rocksmith Facebook page said that they were working to have the patch completed by the end of December, which, he said, should mean that the patch will be released to the public sometime in January. I'm paraphrasing a bit, but that's the gist of what he posted.

toddmatthews53
12-09-2011, 11:14 AM
I have edited the set lists as instructed by Ubisoft. It has frozen or kicked me out of other events besides the one involving the Tom Petty song. I have been stuck for 10 days now...very frustrating...

monkeynut90
02-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Hey everyone, I was having a lot of issues with Rocksmith freezing almost everytime i played more that three songs in a row. I found out that the problem was corrupted download data.

The fix for me was i performed a corrupted file restore then deleted all game data and any download associated with Rocksmith. I then performed another file restore and finally re-installed the game but DID NOT perform the on-line update, that sony asks you to.

I now have played up to 8 song set's with encore's and have not had a single freeze. Now, I have not tried to re-download any of the songs i had purchased and i have not went on-line with the game since, { about 40 bucks down the drain } for fear of the same problem.

Hope this helps a few fellow rockers out there!

Jillian_Foster
06-14-2012, 05:12 AM
Just wanted to say I'm having the same sort of issues at Brannan. Played through the set twice, and both times it locked me up on the encore (killer queen). So I added that song to my set and played it again. This time it locked up before the encore even came up. So then I did a search, and found this page. I went and deleted game info as suggested, reinstalled, and redownloaded my songs. I then played the set for the 4th time today, and it locked up again. I guess next I'll try it w/o my downloads, requalify for the set, and see what happens. I am curious though, if a set has a max of 8 songs, and you fill the setlist, is there any space for encores? I've yet to earn one with a full setlist. Just want to add, I've had the game for a month and a half, am currenly level 10, and no, I didn't play guitar before. I do play bass and my Johnson is getting jealous sitting here while I play my new Washburn. I can't wait for September. PS I played my 1st master song yesterday, Go with the Flow, and pulled a 99%. Thanks for making me a better musician, you guys really do rock. Now lets just hope this issue can be fixed, or someones gonna wish Ezio had killed my ancestors.

crispyfunk
06-14-2012, 06:57 AM
@Pancho..PS3

Frustrating

your not the only one i have had problems myself , its just that i do not play many of the mini games often and i find that i like to stay in amp mode a lot of the time, but when i do want to play the game i usually load one song at a time , but it might still freeze . for what ever reason im not sure what is causing it to freeze , it is very frustrating.