PDA

View Full Version : more cut-scenes in sp-ct

jaco007
03-13-2005, 04:35 AM
make it like mgs3 the cot a hell of a story and a hole lot of cut-scenes but a crappy gameplay.
So a story like that and the gameplay of sp-ct
it would rock realy rock. don't you agree ????

jaco007
03-13-2005, 04:35 AM
make it like mgs3 the cot a hell of a story and a hole lot of cut-scenes but a crappy gameplay.
it would rock realy rock. don't you agree ????

JoNAsOS3
03-13-2005, 04:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jaco007:
make it like mgs3 the cot a hell of a story and a hole lot of cut-scenes but a crappy gameplay .
it would rock realy rock. don't you agree ???? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

collywog2004
03-13-2005, 05:40 AM
SCCT will not have any cut-scenes except for between missions, so we can interact with anything important, so thhey had to program for interuptions that you could possible do when something important is happening.

Leaving just amazing gameplay, where you don't get bored with the cutscenes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

psyichic
03-13-2005, 06:46 AM
Story makes a game worth palying. Really in SP how good a game is is normally determined by 75% its story and 25% game play. Not to say that if your gameplay is absolute **** then it will be good. But even decent gameplay can be made awsome through good use of story. So i opt for plenty of cut scenes. I mean the first time you play the game they are great.

FVipe
03-13-2005, 09:14 AM
MGS3 is one of the greatest games ever.. so shut the f.uck up! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Ts.Wakkko
03-13-2005, 09:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jaco007:
it would rock realy rock. don't you agree ???? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
chicken.........................sandwich?

collywog2004
03-13-2005, 09:51 AM
Yeh, I'm on for a chicken sandwich http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

In other games when important stuff happens,like when you reach a certain point the action leaves your control and you watch a cut-scene where they talk about stuff or something happens.

In SCCT, these conversations happen, but you are always in control of the action, you can choose to go straight past it, listen to a conversation which will tell you information or it's funny, or interupt what happens, so they are distracted.

In SCCT, you get the story if you hang about and listen to the conversations happening in front of you, or you with miss out of the level conversations and just be happy with the in between mission cut-scenes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HardToExist
03-13-2005, 10:30 AM
I've never played MGS, not because I didn't want to, but because when I rented it and started to play it there was a cut-scene that literally lasted over 10 minutes. So I decided to take it back to the rental place and ask for an exchange. I don't like games that force you to sit through mindless chatter and CGI scenery. I want to play the game, not watch it's movies. Now usually I can stand watching a few cut-scenes, and if the story is really good I won't miss them for anything, but when they begin to drain the fun factor away from me with each passing minute of cut-scene I lose interest in playing at all. I'm sure that MGS is a really awesome game, I don't doubt that, but the cut-scenes are way too long for my tastes.

ShadownetTitan
03-13-2005, 10:41 AM
well i love to make music videos for games (workin on one rite now for CT), so cut scenes are one of my best friends.(they are great to use for vid making), anyways..so i wouldn't mind even more cut scenes.

as far as the cut scenes in Metal Gear go, well they were great in 3, the ones at the end had me sucked in. it was like watching a movie, they went on for like 20 mins.

SC pretty much leaves u in charge of the action, as mentioned, but it does have cut scnes that give a lto of needed info where u are not in control. they manage to have a nice balance. i personally always liked the news cast cutscenes cause they definitely seemed to help add to to the sense of realism in the game.you know what i mean?

Rob0
03-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Half-Life was the best game ever.

Then Half-Life 2 took that title.

Both of these games have *no* cut-scenes and amazing stories.

ShadownetTitan
03-13-2005, 05:42 PM
thats very true! they didn't have cut scenes in half life (i have yet to play HF2). although if i remeber correctly there was basically the equivelent to a cut scne at the beginning and end of half life & they weren't just decoration. the cut scene (or whatever u want to call it) at the beginning of the game was to help set up the story, let u know where u are and what they do there, and so on! i really don't want see why people are so down on cut scenes. if they take the place of in game (playing) stuff, then of course thats not good. but for example the news reports cut scnes in SC. u don't have to watch them to know the story but they certainly add to the realism of the game, and enrich the story a lil. not to mention that most cut scenes look bad ***!!(oh btw - u should always have the option to skip cut scenes, they are not as cool the second timet hrough a game)

chaos_theory16
03-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Games like Star Wars... How you're able to chose what you want to say! It takes forever to get through, and gets very, very boring. That's why I hate the Star Wars series. But, I take it most of you are thinking that sitting down for the MGS3's cut-scene's is definitely worth it. Probably. But, games like Star Wars are brutal. And that's probably why SC:CT didn't want cut-scene's or anything... It might take you off your game.

DS_lover
03-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Well, as for what one of you said, (I believe it was the first poster) MGS3 is as said before, one of the best games ever. True, some of it's cutscenes are long and murderous, but you don't have to watch them. And whoever said that MGS had crappy gameplay should be shot. MGS3's cutscens are awesome(most of them anyway, some are boring)even though they used the gameplay graphics engine instead of a cenematic engine like Ubisoft an EA do. Now, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty had some of the longest and most boring cut-scenes in history, but it was still a great game. Even when you hit triangle in some of the CODEC communications where it would scroll through as fast as it could, some took over fifteen minutes. I think it would be great to have mid-mission cut-scenes in Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory like they do in MGS, but Ubi would have to be very carefull to ballance it out just right. BTW, the mid-mission cut-scenes in SCPT I would like to see should give you an option to watch them. And maybe use the unbelievable interactive cut-scenes like in Resident Evil 4. MGS, although it has some nice cutscenes just has too many. Now most of them are good the firt time you watch them, but I agree they are not as cool the second time around.

sanius
03-13-2005, 08:07 PM
sounds like another "sc is better then mgs!" fanboy.

also, to hardtoexist: you should try beating the game. the cutscenes are very much worth it, the game has lots of story. i'm not surprised that they put alot of it into cutscenes.

stealthmaster736
03-13-2005, 08:55 PM
CT only has cutscenes in between missions.UBI didn't wanna take players away from the gameplay.And a game dosen't really need to have a good story to be good.Even though a good story helps the game.But Devil may cry 1 had a horrible story but I still loved the game.

jaco007
03-14-2005, 10:19 AM
okee first of leave the gameplay of at least 10 to 15 hours (the gameplay ya you playing!! the game with your hands duh??)then i don't mind seeing a 20 minute intro-movie or cut-scene of some terrorist taking down some building in the states and sam daughter just happen to be there wel what a you no???oke we heard???it in sp 1 did not see it? so i didn't cared one bit about it,didn't even no who she was until the end of the game? so if there was a ten minute flashback in sam's eyes (ingame engine cut scene ore some sorts) of who the girl was giving her some character and stuf maybe i care'd?? oke so i think to make splintercell even better "nearly impossible"okee
Its with a good solid story that gets me more in the game gets me more involved like you want to play to see more of the video"game"the story.
It just misses a good story with good cut-scenes.thats what i think!!!! but don't mess with the gameplay its the best there is http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and by the way i like to no more about sam fischer.

scworld
03-14-2005, 10:33 AM
1:
Sarah was shown in PS2/NGC version + some other CGIs
2: read the book if you are interested in Sarah, Sam's background etc.

jaco007
03-14-2005, 10:37 AM
read a book?? is that possible to on xbox hahahahaa

JoNAsOS3
03-14-2005, 01:09 PM
read a book?? is that possible to on xbox hahahahaa <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHA

Are you serious? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

hkassassin47
03-14-2005, 02:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chaos_theory16:
Games like Star Wars... How you're able to chose what you want to say! It takes forever to get through, and gets very, very boring. That's why I hate the Star Wars series. But, I take it most of you are thinking that sitting down for the MGS3's cut-scene's is definitely worth it. Probably. But, games like Star Wars are brutal. And that's probably why SC:CT didn't want cut-scene's or anything... It might take you off your game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, that is the point of an rpg. if you like constant action, then don't waste money on rpgs.
imo, i love an enriching story. the dialog ares of starwars were fun if they helped detrimine the story, but the repettive ones were very brutal indeed.

mikeiron0404
03-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Anyway, a little late to add that in, don't you think?

SPROGGY
03-14-2005, 11:06 PM
If you want to know about Sara, then yeah read the book. But if you want to know about Sam, then stay away from the novel. They completely changed Sams background in the book. They made him a CIA field agent(nerds) instead of a former Navy SEAL. How you could pass off such a glaring and obvious change of story is beyond me, but it seriously affected my view of the novel.