PDA

View Full Version : Warning Error on Loading Game

gcoupe
10-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Loading the game produces a Warning dialogue with the following text:

SOUND DISPLAY ERROR: Error #8
Message: Direct Sound: Invalid parameters passed to object on calling m_lpDSObject8->CreateSoundBuffer( &dsbdsecondary,&m_pDummyListenerSecondaryBuffer, NULL)

Filename: \Myst4\dev\common\src\m4\dare_ext\error.cpp
LineNo: 26

The Warning dialogue has "Abort, Retry, Ignore" buttons. Choosing "ignore" produces a followup dialogue asking if I wish to see further occurrences of the error. Choosing "no" allows the load process to complete.

This happens every time I start Myst. It's not a fatal error, but nonetheless a little annoying. I have a 63KB DxDiag text file which I can send through if required. Thanks

gcoupe
10-10-2004, 08:14 AM
Loading the game produces a Warning dialogue with the following text:

SOUND DISPLAY ERROR: Error #8
Message: Direct Sound: Invalid parameters passed to object on calling m_lpDSObject8->CreateSoundBuffer( &dsbdsecondary,&m_pDummyListenerSecondaryBuffer, NULL)

Filename: \Myst4\dev\common\src\m4\dare_ext\error.cpp
LineNo: 26

The Warning dialogue has "Abort, Retry, Ignore" buttons. Choosing "ignore" produces a followup dialogue asking if I wish to see further occurrences of the error. Choosing "no" allows the load process to complete.

This happens every time I start Myst. It's not a fatal error, but nonetheless a little annoying. I have a 63KB DxDiag text file which I can send through if required. Thanks

maztec
10-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Use the Ubi support pages and send the report and information to them.

Narley207
10-10-2004, 03:35 PM
I also get this message when trying to start the demo, did you find out the cause?