01-10-2006, 03:36 PM

Jinx FD
01-10-2006, 03:36 PM

Catapharact
01-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Voted.

Captain JeB
01-10-2006, 03:41 PM
This one is going to be a clear victory.

Catapharact
01-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Don;t count SC3 out just yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. It has some pretty good options.

DocHolidazed
01-10-2006, 04:01 PM
I love them all but graphically, and playability wise well, DOA is the clear choice here. This game is the complete package and then some.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

UkyoTachibana
01-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Remember your roots! Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for the win! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Phineas1382
01-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Dead or Alive 4. No contest.

Ninja Kn1ght
01-10-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm going with Soul calibur 3. Its quite possibly the best d Beat-Em-Up ever. Its got an excellent fighting engine and a wide variety of interesting characters. Plus the latest in the series also has an interesting and original single-player mode.

maddogtannen316
01-10-2006, 05:51 PM
a tendency with some gamers is to vote for something fresh in their mind....obviously, with the game(doa 4) just coming out, it is still proving a blast for many people for the FIRST time, not the millionith time like the other games.

honestly, this is a tough choice. Street fighter anniversery for me.

wedgewu
01-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Hrm. I chose Tekken 5, personally. As good as SFAC is, I didn't play 3rd strike on it and otherwise it's just an old game on a new console.

DOA4 is probably great, but I haven't played it yet, and DOA as a rule is usually a much shallower fighter. I often enjoy the DOA games more...

BUT, I recognize that as a fighter, Tekken 5 is better. Though I didn't play it much in 2005... most of my time spent on it was in the arcades when it released in Nov 2004. Something about playing in the arcade that makes it so much more fun... Tecmo should start making DOA arcade machines.

maddogtannen316
01-10-2006, 06:06 PM
hmm....very thought out. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

"Œ ¯ """" 

DocHolidazed
01-10-2006, 06:40 PM
comon, don't hate, just appreciate.

i have played all the fighters and I truly love Soul Caliber. It's just that the doa series has been steady and stayed with the story line more. The anime style is attractive and the fighting is real. These games are addictive as they are fun and challenging to play. This is why it's a no brainer for me.

Anto_Nick
01-10-2006, 06:56 PM
I'm a Street Fighter man through and through

Magiz
01-10-2006, 07:08 PM
As much as I love Street Figher. I had to go DoA on this one.

Neeenja-
01-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Oh MAN.

You know, I love DOA. It's what got me into fighting games in the first place. So hearing so many people say DOA4 is the best fighting game to come out this year and not bash it for it's far too lasciviously dressed women and simple gameplay brings a tear to my eye.

*sniff*

I got to get this game, dammit!!

Until I do, I'm afraid I'll have to vote for Tekken 5.

Poop. ---> The Neeenja'

P.S. Jinx, what's Tekke? Does it have a counter system?

Digital_Voltage
01-11-2006, 01:08 AM
I went with Tekken 5. Honestly, I don't really think DOA4 should qualify as it was relesaed with a little under a week left in the year. I'd be more inclined to toss it into the running for 2006 rather than 2005.

UkyoTachibana
01-11-2006, 04:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wedgewu:
As good as SFAC is, I didn't play 3rd strike on it and otherwise it's just an old game on a new console.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Logically speaking, just because a game is old, it doesn't mean it's no longer fun. :P Super Turbo is still fun (both to play and to watch) after 10+ years of its lifetime, and I can't even think of other fighting games that can potentially reach that bench mark of playability. Street Fighter III: 3S is still currently being played in tourneys, but only time will tell if it will be played 5-10 years from now.

wedgewu
01-11-2006, 04:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UkyoTachibana:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wedgewu:
As good as SFAC is, I didn't play 3rd strike on it and otherwise it's just an old game on a new console.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Logically speaking, just because a game is old, it doesn't mean it's no longer fun. :P Super Turbo is still fun (both to play and to watch) after 10+ years of its lifetime, and I can't even think of other fighting games that can potentially reach that bench mark of playability. Street Fighter III: 3S is still currently being played in tourneys, but only time will tell if it will be played 5-10 years from now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but for me I don't see that as an achievement. When I think of those "... of the year" awards, I envision those which are more than just a port. The game had gotten its recognition back in its day, and as I prefer the industry to change and grow, I don't feel that we need to continuously recognize old gems. I know the game is still a blast to play, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it... twice. (One on PS2, one on XBox)

And since I didn't play 3rd Strike, I can't really vouch for that. Had I done so, that might have changed my answer, but since I didn't, I still stand by my vote.

maddogtannen316
01-12-2006, 09:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and as I prefer the industry to change and grow, I don't feel that we need to continuously recognize old gems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

now see, this is exactly what bothers me about game magazines and sites that base EVERYTHING off of todays technology when reviewing games.

let's assume for instance, a PERFECT port of a past game comes out as part of some deal on a newer system. why should the game receive lower scores now compared to then, simply because of what the current generation is capable of? yes, the graphics play a factor, but i would think it should be based on how they work for the game....not what that current system is capable of.

in my opinion, a lot of companies should look to the past at those great games and deduce what caused them to be so great in the first place and bring back the magic of playing something original and fun, as opposed to "better looking", sequel-on-a-new-system recycled ****

UkyoTachibana
01-12-2006, 10:02 PM
The current results of this poll is making this fighting game tourney nut very very displeased. :x

But what do I know. :P The only thing I can do is respect the voice of a collective, and if "Fight Night" is the best among this area, then it's the best fighting game indeed.

Also, it makes me want to try FN, to see what the whole fuss is about.

JessieEAX
01-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Ukyo,

I thought that too, but read the graph...Dead or Alive is actually winning.

Fight night IS a good fighting game though.

UkyoTachibana
01-12-2006, 11:10 PM
lol, and so I read it wrong. Must be getting too late for these grampa eyes. Good catch. I would've been more okay for DOA4 to win, than FN to win. But neither of those should win anyway, in my opinion. :P Either "Tekke" 5 or SFAC should win.

Magiz
01-13-2006, 12:56 AM
I love Street Fighter: AC but, it really had a bad online setup (for XBox, which was supposed to be it's big selling point over the PS2 version). I was so pumped to play against friends online and then I got the game. I couldn't believe they didn't give you access to your own friends list. It made it impossible to see who was online and if they were playing it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

It's okay though, I hear it's coming to the Live arcade. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ninja Kn1ght
01-13-2006, 05:29 AM
Unfortunately, whats coming to Live Arcadr isn't as good as SFAC. Personally, I have spent much more time on SF3 than SF2, and although I have hardly ever played it online it is a great game. I prefer SC3 though.

Magiz
01-13-2006, 06:36 AM
This is very true. SF3 is a much better game. Sadly I haven't really had alot of time to put into it. Though all the talk about it recently, is getting more in the mood to play it again.

S-Pac_316
01-15-2006, 03:23 AM
Fight night?!?! are you ****ing kidding me?!?! That's not a PURE fighting game...it's a boxing game!
It shouldn't be in there. And it has the most votes?!?! Bull****!

I vote SF collection.

mcmax3000
01-15-2006, 09:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S-Pac_316:
Fight night?!?! are you ****ing kidding me?!?! That's not a PURE fighting game...it's a boxing game!
It shouldn't be in there. And it has the most votes?!?! Bull****!

I vote SF collection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh... Dead or Alive 4 is winning. Unless I'm reading something wrong, Fight Night only has 2 votes.

SatoriPhoenix00
01-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Voted for streetfighter because i haven't had a chance to try out DOA4 or Soouul Calibur 3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif.

I sure their both awesome games though.