PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME I CANT GET ON MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 09:42 PM
What do i do to play on a mutiplayer on the internet. Ive tried several things but nothing works.

Do u need to enter a ip address of the server. If u do where do i get it from

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 09:42 PM
What do i do to play on a mutiplayer on the internet. Ive tried several things but nothing works.

Do u need to enter a ip address of the server. If u do where do i get it from

XyZspineZyX
09-13-2003, 10:01 PM
Get IPs here for some good dedicated servers. There is a list you can scroll thru on the main page.
http://www.ghostrecon.net/
You will have to be patched to 1.4 and have DS and IT to play on most of them.

Here is a run thru of different ways you can game online COURTSEY of snipe21:

A]
Using GR multiplayer screen:
You have to add the IP addresses then click join.

1-Start the game while online and click the MULTIPLAYER tab and then click the INTERNET tab up the top left of your screen. Down the bottom left you will see this 000.000.000.000:0000 so just backspace these zero's and add your friends IP address in there and click the ADD tab if it's a fixed IP and it will then be displayed in the SERVER NAME listings.

If it's a dialup then just type the IP address and click JOIN GAME.

2-If your going to be host then start the game click MULTIPLAYER tab and up the top left click the CREATE GAME tab. You will be in the MULTIPLAYER SCREEN and down the bottom in yellow writing will be your IP address so you must send that to all players you want to join your game. They then inturn follow the above, in step one.

B]
Start and Join UBI

Ok buddy click start/all programs/UBI .com/play online You will get a small window pop up and if you don't have an account click account or just type your name and password in the right spot and click login. Your will be confronted with a splash screen that is an Auto update patcher and just let this run it's course to install the Ubi software.

When that has finished you will be returned to the same small window and now click login. The ubi lobby and friends list will load and when that happens find the Ghost Recon GAME and click the word play now. Another screen will load and look for the GR Island Thunder UNDER THE retail heading.

Now you will see the players list and room names. To join a game double click a game name in the top left of the screen which is above the chat screen. A splash screen will pop up and load the game now two thing will happen here. If the host of the game isn't in playing a game but is waiting for players to join there will be a holding area where your still able to chat with the players waiting to join.

When the host starts the game you will see a 25 second count down and then you will join his set-up screen. The other possibility is that the game is already up and running and you will be placed in the multiplayer waiting room. You will see the list of gamers playing and if there is any gamers in the waiting list. You will also see the game type and the settings and the message of the day if there is one. Or you maybe lucky enough to get in the set-up room ready to choose your weapon and join a team.

C]
D/l and install this game browser at:
All Seeing Eye http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

Thanks snipe21 for your everlasting knowledge and patience with the GR community, except for the occasional tosser that torques you off. wombat50