PDA

View Full Version : Haze in a magazine!

LiquidEagle
04-27-2007, 06:58 PM
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s190/123ninja_2007/Yeah.jpg

This is all I saw, but I figured you guys might be interested http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

According to the forum poster I stole this from (ty Epix! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) it also has (not mentioned in that tiny article):

HAZE

* The main character is name Shane Carpenter
* There are no load times or cutscenes ever
* There are a number of 2 to 4 person vehicles
* The vehicles will break apart like in Motostorm
* The game will be locked at 30 frames per second
* The game supports 4 player co-op
* You will use Nectar to enhances your ability

Nectar powers

* Foresight
* Perception
* Melee Blast
* Focus

Sides Effects:

* Overdoes
* Withdrawal

rob19832870
04-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Nice Find http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

MarksmanR
04-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Yes! Finally some Haze info. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It made me happy after reading that page in the scan.

frd_neko
04-28-2007, 03:10 AM
It's worth noting that's a US magazine (awesome 15-page article though), however there is some European coverage coming very, very soon.

Neko.

cob_shaw
04-28-2007, 03:41 AM
Awesome but I swear I read somewhere that you play as Jake Carpenter or something.

Edit: Found it: PS2 Official Magazine UK Issue 75:

You play Jake Carpenter, a new Mantel recruit. (His initials are JC, his last name is Carpenter... an obvious Christ-like figure perhaps, or have we gone conspiracy mad?)

Weird, FRD must have changed the name.

frd_neko
04-28-2007, 04:12 AM
Uh, yeah, his name's been changed to Shane.

Neko.

LiquidEagle
04-28-2007, 04:51 AM
Can't wait to check out the full thing! 15 pages is a LOT for PSM to have for one game, so I'm double excited! Will there be a trailer released soon to go with this magazine info or is that only going to appear when websites give their previews of HAZE?

frd_neko
04-28-2007, 04:58 AM
There's plenty more coverage coming in the next few months; believe me, that article is just the first example of the sort of coverage the game's going to be getting (in the US and Europe).

Neko.

nu_ignition
04-28-2007, 12:56 PM

Name change? Whatever, not quite as cool as Jake, but it's only a name.

I call bull on that, no game can avoid load times 100%, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland only did that by having ugly, virtually empty areas you skated through while the game struggled to load the next bit.

As for no cutscenes, then why does every video of Haze have a real person playing that Mantel boss if he ain't gonna be in the game and just replaced by polygons?

Sounds ok, although I'm a little worried about that. TS:FP only had 1 multiplayer level with a car, despite vehicles being massively hyped.

Kinda low isn't it? FRD have always gone for a high framerate first and foremost.

Ok.... why no mention of any deathmatch modes? Lacking that would seriously cripple it's online popularity.

AvianAbsolute
04-28-2007, 01:51 PM
HAZE

I agree with the guy who said Jake sounds cooler http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif . If only because Shane keeps reminding me of the guy on the 1up yours podcast.

Nice!

Please be good! I love vehicals. I assume one of them are the buggies we saw in the E3 trailer.

* The vehicles will break apart like in Motostorm

Cool.

Perfectly fine if it's locked. I can't tell the difference between locked 30 fps and locked 60 fps anyway. As long as they're no framerate drops.

Already knew that. Hopefully split screen will be good. I want horizontal split screen and when I play with 3 people I want the whole upper half to myself.

* You will use Nectar to enhances your ability

Nectar powers (is it just me or do these sound like they are from Second Sight?)

* Foresight

no idea

* Perception
no idea

* Melee Blast
Could be improved melee attack.

* Focus
Maybe a mode where there is less spray.

Sides Effects:

* Overdose
Cool, maybe something like seeing illusions etc.

* Withdrawal
Not sure what this is.

Nice info. Anybody seen new screenshots? Also to the person who posted above me, obviously deathmatch will be included.

Not-A-Stalker
04-28-2007, 03:39 PM
This is PSM? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I JUST cancled my PSM subscription http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

BuddyFlashheart
04-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Jake sounds too much like Jack, and Jack is incredibly overused on movies, television and games. It's become the generic go-to name, and I'm happy to see that it got changed.

LiquidEagle
04-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by nu_ignition:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">* There are no load times or cutscenes ever

I call bull on that, no game can avoid load times 100%, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland only did that by having ugly, virtually empty areas you skated through while the game struggled to load the next bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you ever heard of God of War? One of the best games released in a long time, definitely one of the best (if not the best) looking games from the PS2/Xbox/NGC generation, and there were no load-times except for the very beginning. It's perfectly possible.

As for no cutscenes, then why does every video of Haze have a real person playing that Mantel boss if he ain't gonna be in the game and just replaced by polygons?

That's a good point, but the "viral" videos would be a lot less effective if they were in-game assets, not to mention it would spoil the surprise of seeing how good the game looks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">* There are a number of 2 to 4 person vehicles

Sounds ok, although I'm a little worried about that. TS:FP only had 1 multiplayer level with a car, despite vehicles being massively hyped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you can put them in your custom maps, and there were more vehicles in the single-player. Also, this game has 4-player co-op (according to this report), so these vehicles will be in single player too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">* The game will be locked at 30 frames per second

Kinda low isn't it? FRD have always gone for a high framerate first and foremost. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think what's most important is that it's locked. Plenty of games nowadays are 30 fps, and while it was great to have Timesplitters run at 60 fps, you can get a lot more detail when you're locking in at 30 fps. It's a trade-off so we'll see how it handles http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">* The game supports 4 player co-op

Ok.... why no mention of any deathmatch modes? Lacking that would seriously cripple it's online popularity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course it's going to have deathmatch, that just isn't as big of news as 4 player co-op! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hopefully I got my quotes formatted right here...

Anyways, I can't wait to see this game. While I'm definitely excited to see KZ2 and play it, HAZE is coming from my absolute favorite FPS developer who've really proven themselves, and what I've seen so far has me completely sold. I hope Ubi Soft pushes this game well and I hope gamers aren't too exhausted by FPS games by the time this one rolls around, 'cause it's gonna be special http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

frd_neko
04-29-2007, 03:27 AM
Dear god nu_ignition - ye of little faith or what!? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Let me put your mind at rest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">* There are no load times or cutscenes ever

I call bull on that, no game can avoid load times 100%, Tony Hawk's American Wasteland only did that by having ugly, virtually empty areas you skated through while the game struggled to load the next bit.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call bull if you want, but you're wrong - I've played it! It's not as technically impossible as some people seem to make out, it just requires a bit of careful planning level design wise, that's all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">* There are a number of 2 to 4 person vehicles

Sounds ok, although I'm a little worried about that. TS:FP only had 1 multiplayer level with a car, despite vehicles being massively hyped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, you'll just have to trust me, but vehicles are a lot more integral to HAZE than they were to TS:FP.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">* The game will be locked at 30 frames per second

Kinda low isn't it? FRD have always gone for a high framerate first and foremost. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It all depends on the pace of the game - TS needs a high framerate because it's so quick. HAZE is a lot slower paced than TS and so doesn't need to run at 60, and we can use the extra processing time to up the scale and intensity of proceedings instead.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">* The game supports 4 player co-op

Ok.... why no mention of any deathmatch modes? Lacking that would seriously cripple it's online popularity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woah, WOAH there tiger - of course the game supports deathmatch and other multiplayer modes, we're just not talking about them too much yet. You'll find out all about the multiplayer in good time, don't you worry. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Neko.

Xylaquin
04-29-2007, 04:59 AM
e game will be locked at 30 frames per se
Yuck 30fps! Why are you guys putting a lock on it? Star Wars Battlefront has a lock on multiplayer mode and it suffers from it.

A lot of people do notice 30fps, can you guys atleast put an option to disable the 30fps lock off so that are GPUs can run at their full potential?

frd_neko
04-29-2007, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Xylaquin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">e game will be locked at 30 frames per se
Yuck 30fps! Why are you guys putting a lock on it? Star Wars Battlefront has a lock on multiplayer mode and it suffers from it.

A lot of people do notice 30fps, can you guys atleast put an option to disable the 30fps lock off so that are GPUs can run at their full potential? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the game ran at 60fps we obviously wouldn't lock it down to 30, that'd be just daft. It naturally runs at 30 (and was built to do so) - the 'lock' bit just means it will stay there, not drop below it. (Obviously the PC version is an exception though, and will vary based on hardware).

People seem to have some funny ideas about what's required to make a game run at 60fps. It's not just some switch you can turn on or off, your engine needs to run a complete processing cycle 60 times a second, i.e. twice as fast as if you're running at 30fps. Now, optimisation can take you a certain way, but at the end of the day, to be able to run something at 60 you generally need to be doing less stuff - that means less pretty environments, less characters, less explosions, less screen fx, everything. With TS, the framerate was vital because it was such a damn fast paced game, but as a result the levels and characters and everything else were built to a low spec to ensure that framerate was maintained. With HAZE, it's slower paced and so 60 is less vital, we felt it was more important to spend processing time on adding spectacle and effects to increase the atmosphere and immersion of the title, not to mention that really-rather-complex constant streaming it's doing to ensure you never need see a loading screen.

Neko.

nu_ignition
04-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by frd_neko:
Dear god nu_ignition - ye of little faith or what!? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I've learnt to be very sceptical over this past generation, I was so incredibly hyped up over Sonic Heroes thinking it would be absolutely amazing, and it was an absolute turd of a game and a total waste of 40.

Since then I've found it better to just be sceptical now, that way I enjoy the final product far more if it's good, and don't hate it so much when it sucks. I'm not hating on HAZE and I'll still buy it on launch, I'm just expressing my concerns.

AvianAbsolute
04-29-2007, 11:52 AM
More info from the same magazine, stolen from a guy at the team xbox boards:

--------------------------------------------
"Haze info. I'll update this post as I read more.

The reason we haven't seen much of Haze over the past year is because "...the game has undergone a massive makeover that's partly visual, but mostly gameplay-related"

-----------------------------------------------
On one page there is a picture of the soldier you play as and some descriptions of various things the soldier is wearing/equiped with.

BSW-72 Assault Rifle - Anti-personnel rifle firing 5.56mm shards of white-hot depelted uranium capable of penetrating any body armor

Trooper Assault Helmet - Revolutionary tech. provides real-time battleground data and integrates an advanced communication device for continous contact with HQ

Nectar Administrator (this is around the collar)- Stores and administers up to five doses of Nectar, Mantel's biomedical combat enhancer, which is directly injected into the trooper's neck at the push of a button

Fragmentation Grenades SK3 (left hip) - Based on standard time fuse, the SK3 is ideal for clearing out a room and is reasonably effective against light vehicles

Pistol Wilson D6 (right hip) - Equipped with 2x zoom and a laser sight the D6 is capable of delivering 18 rounds between reloads and is particularly effective at close-range against unarmored targets

Integrated Body Armor - Custom-built from a proprietary synthetic compound developed by Mantel, the trooper body armor is built to withstand most rifle and pistol rounds
--------------------------------------------------

Story info:

You play as Shane Carpenter. You have been dropped into a war in Central South America that invovles Manetl, "which is a large corporation with numerous interests in different businesses around the world"

"one of their main divisions is involved with military arms and manufacturing, and they also run their own outsourced military as some sort of global police force. It's kind of like them replacing NATO or the UN as they are now." They can be hired to go into places "where there is civil unrest and establish order"

South America is one of those places. There is a rebel insurgent group known as the Promise Hand and well...all hell is breaking loose.

Biomedical research is another division of Mantel. Basically it says then evented this thing called Nectar that when it's injected, it will make soldiers fight better.

The story takes place over the course of three days.

No load times. No cutscenes. Scripted moments will convey the plot details and emotion.

You body suit will malfunction at times throughout the game. From what I read here things get pretty crazy and this may be the underlying meaning of Mantel's real purpose...or something like that lol.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Graphics:

Haze runs on an proprietary engine.

The game is locked at 30 fps. "...60 fps isn't needed for a shooter with Haze's pacing."

The game looks great from the screenshots.

------------------------------------------------------
four-player co-op (online, offline, split-screen, LAN)

squad mates are completely A.I. controlled

-------------------------------

Seems Nectar plays a very vital role in the game. It can help you do various things. It can also lead to bad things if you overdoes or experience a withdrawl.

--------------------------------"

deded999
04-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Just to add to the fps argument, I'm perfectly happy with 30fps as long as it's solid. There's nothing worse than frame-rate drops; you could run a game at 120fps, but if it slams to a halt in the middle of combat you can go shove it. 30fps locked is fine for me.

It's quite possible that you'll never actually meet the guy from the trailers in-game, in which case you may only see him via in-game screens, which would feel more natural and wouldn't require any cut-scenes either. We should hopefully see the slow death of cut-scenes this gen, in many games anyway...

frd_neko
04-29-2007, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frd_neko:
Dear god nu_ignition - ye of little faith or what!? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I've learnt to be very sceptical over this past generation, I was so incredibly hyped up over Sonic Heroes thinking it would be absolutely amazing, and it was an absolute turd of a game and a total waste of 40.

Since then I've found it better to just be sceptical now, that way I enjoy the final product far more if it's good, and don't hate it so much when it sucks. I'm not hating on HAZE and I'll still buy it on launch, I'm just expressing my concerns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair 'nuff. For what it's worth I agree with you - the industry is far too hype-driven these days, causing a lot of titles to accumulate levels of anticipation that they can't possibly live up to, and 40 quid is a lot of money to lose on a bad game. But at the same time, we aren't about to start lying to you about the features the game does and doesn't have, and I'm sure that as the game gets more coverage in the coming months, you'll see that for yourself.

Neko.

Exiled_Elite_80
04-29-2007, 03:06 PM

Not to troll on anyone but Sega hasn't put out a decent game in years...literally. So it wouldn't matter what they said they were putting out, i could pretty much guarantee it would not be worth a rental. Free Radical has had a proven track record; and with the release of Haze, I believe it will really put the big guns of FPS's (i.e. Bungie) on their heels.
P.S. Cheers to FRD for holding back the game to make it a better experience...many companies would push the product out the door and have it become another mediocre game...looking forward to Haze more then any other FPS this year....hopefully this year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

pcsikgam3r
04-29-2007, 05:52 PM
O and, just to let you all know, the game has gone through a major overhaul since that trailer has been made...

If you check that mag that he scanned in the first post, the uniforms of the Mantel soldiers are completely different... Their bodies are completely covered, with the helmet having a yellow faceplate (anyone sensing a bee theme here?)

And the graphics went through a drastic change too but, dare i say it, the game looks better graphically than any Unreal game!

No_One_Specific
04-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Exiled_Elite_80:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nu_ignition:

Not to troll on anyone but Sega hasn't put out a decent game in years...literally. So it wouldn't matter what they said they were putting out, i could pretty much guarantee it would not be worth a rental. Free Radical has had a proven track record; and with the release of Haze, I believe it will really put the big guns of FPS's (i.e. Bungie) on their heels.
P.S. Cheers to FRD for holding back the game to make it a better experience...many companies would push the product out the door and have it become another mediocre game...looking forward to Haze more then any other FPS this year....hopefully this year http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I actually enjoyed Tenchu: Fatal Shadows, but that was the first Tenchu game I've played... and I'm a nut for most Stealth games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Anyway, I'm glad Haze is showing up now... even if it's only the start. Timesplitters 2 is the game that got me into first-person-shooters, so I'm always giddy in anticipation for the next Free Radical game. I've actually found that my interest in FPSes has waned, but this looks like a good year for them. I'm anticipating 3 (this, The Precursors, and White Gold) so that's a record so far. I hope you guys make a kick-*** game! (I know I don't really have to hope though http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )

LiquidEagle
04-29-2007, 09:27 PM
I hope this issue comes into my store soon... I get it for free :P

AvianAbsolute
04-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Magazine Cover:

Razz: mag scans are against the ToS, please don't post them.

Alright. Now we just need gameplay vids http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

Xylaquin
05-01-2007, 01:12 AM
"Obviously the PC version is an exception though, and will vary based on hardware"

-That keeps me happy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Forgive me if I'm failing to get the idea, but I was beginning to think that you would sort of put a v-sync lock on all the versions. Never mind then.

Sonic Heroes, lol, that was one of my brother's xmas games he got (not deliberatly it was a gift). Sitting next to the tv he plays it on, the sound (& especially character voices) really get on you after a while- then you get use to them. ^_^

Nu_ignition is right to be skeptical. Even with Free Radical- I think it's a bit stupid about the situation I've been seeing over the last few weeks/months. Like a small information leak and everyone's like "Holy schnoodles! That's sooo cool man" -_- geez it's only a small bit of vague infromation that we pretty much knew already.

LiquidEagle
05-01-2007, 02:43 AM
please forgive us for being excited when something does materialize... and this isn't info we knew already. You can be skeptical if you want, but just know you're doubting the team that put FPS on the map for consoles in a huge way.

nu_ignition
05-01-2007, 06:02 AM
PSM magazine is a US magazine, can anyone from America scan the whole HAZE article in when that issue is out?

AvianAbsolute
05-01-2007, 08:55 AM
PSM magazine is a US magazine, can anyone from America scan the whole HAZE article in when that issue is out?

I'm willing to bet that's against the ToS

nu_ignition
05-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by AvianAbsolute:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nu_ignition:

I'm willing to bet that's against the ToS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pfft, in which case it can just be posted on the Haze forums on GameFAQs, everyone posts magazine scans on GameFAQs.

frd_neko
05-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Nu_ignition is right to be skeptical. Even with Free Radical- I think it's a bit stupid about the situation I've been seeing over the last few weeks/months. Like a small information leak and everyone's like "Holy schnoodles! That's sooo cool man" -_- geez it's only a small bit of vague infromation that we pretty much knew already.

As I said to nu_ignition himself further up, I totally agree - believe me, seeing fanboys on forums across the whole explode with excitement at the slightest bit of non-information on Halo 3 has been a bit on the frustrating side (hell, I think I made several comments to that effect earlier in this very thread).

However, I'd say a couple of things - one, this information on HAZE is new (and there's more besides in the full article), and two, there's a difference between retaining a healthy scepticism and downright deciding someone's lying to you. Just give it some time for the marketing campaign to progress and you'll have all the evidence you need that HAZE has all the cool features we've been banging on about.

Neko.

AvianAbsolute
05-02-2007, 12:38 AM
I was just looking at the magazine cover again, and it seems Shane (I assume that's who is who the mantel soldier is supposed to be) is holding the pistol / smg in the left hand, just like the guy in the Artwork (who also had a 3 on the helmet. hmmm ).

So Neko, are we gonna see the weapon in our left hand?

nu_ignition
05-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by AvianAbsolute:
I was just looking at the magazine cover again, and it seems Shane (I assume that's who is who the mantel soldier is supposed to be) is holding the pistol / smg in the left hand, just like the guy in the Artwork (who also had a 3 on the helmet. hmmm ).

So Neko, are we gonna see the weapon in our left hand?

I'd make a guess at no on that one, magazines frequently rotate artwork so it fits in better, I've seen it before where they've flipped a controller and forgot to change the button locations, making it obvious they just flipped it.

Xylaquin
05-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Just give it some time for the marketing campaign to progress and you'll have all the evidence you need that HAZE has all the cool features we've been banging on about.

Neko.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif That's the Neko we all know and love!

frd_neko
05-02-2007, 12:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frd_neko:
Just give it some time for the marketing campaign to progress and you'll have all the evidence you need that HAZE has all the cool features we've been banging on about.

Neko.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif That's the Neko we all know and love! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Yes, quite.

Anyway, regarding the 'left handed' thing - nu_ignition's right, it's just a result of flipped artwork. There's nothing to be read into it, unfortunately!

Neko.

rob19832870
05-02-2007, 03:48 PM
A guy on the Ps3 forums posted some images from a magazine. http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb287/zeashe/

TheIrishman04
05-02-2007, 08:07 PM
their is never a left handed soldier in first person shooter games(im left handed)o well maybe somday

LiquidEagle
05-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Don't some shooters let you be left-handed? I want to say Timesplitters does, but i can't remember...

Xylaquin
05-03-2007, 12:55 AM
CSS lets you use left hands.

MarksmanR
05-03-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm left handed, and I never care about being able to have my character in a game hold his weapon in his left hand, I just want the game to let me have Southpaw controls (left stick aim, right stick move).

nu_ignition
05-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by rob19832870:
A guy on the Ps3 forums posted some images from a magazine. http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb287/zeashe/

Now THAT is what I wanted to see, hard facts, images and info on Haze. That is the sort of stuff to get excited about, not a couple of drops of info. I can understand now why FRD kept this secret for so long, the comparison between the old/new jungle level shows just how much has changed.

I also really like the whole visor thing, the malfunctioning and Nectar overdose also sounds really good. The armour also is a lot better, the "belmet" still looks a little odd, but the screenshots and artwork show that it has a purpose for being like that.

Overall a big thumbs up, but next time don't leave us without details and pictures for so long XD

Edit: An interview with the creative head on Haze? Hmm, that wouldn't be you now would it Neko, or should I say Derek Littlewood? :P

BuddyFlashheart
05-03-2007, 07:45 AM
Looks awesome http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif
Did they really have to reference Halo in the article though? Seemed kind of lame, although maybe I'm misunderstanding the quote.

AvianAbsolute
05-03-2007, 08:45 AM
The Belment actually fits with the whole "bees" approach.
And even though the quality of the scans isn't that great, the screens look awesome. Especially that buggy. I want to drive one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

frd_neko
05-06-2007, 07:13 AM
People might like to know there's a short (1 page) HAZE story in this month's OPSM (UK). It was originally a two-page story but it appears to have been an unfortunate casualty of the whole GoWII story kerfuffle that cause the mag to get recalled. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

It's really just a teaser before their much more comprehensive article (which is due to follow next month), but thought you guys would like to know anyway!

Neko.

BuddyFlashheart
05-06-2007, 01:28 PM
People might like to know there's a short (1 page) HAZE story in this month's OPSM (UK). It was originally a two-page story but it appears to have been an unfortunate casualty of the whole GoWII story kerfuffle that cause the mag to get recalled. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

What's the GoWII story kerfuffle?

frd_neko
05-06-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=24636

Neko.

cob_shaw
05-07-2007, 03:48 AM
I usually get the OPSM! Yay!

nu_ignition
05-07-2007, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up Neko, I'll have to pick that issue up when it's released.

Necros_hun
05-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Nice find, thanks for sharing! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BuddyFlashheart
05-08-2007, 10:09 AM
So apparently, HAZE is going to make an appearance at an Ubi event in a couple of weeks. This according to blimblim, the guy behind xboxyde/playsyde. Maybe something to keep an eye out for?

g3t.y3ll0w
05-09-2007, 02:47 PM
I like how they changed the Mantel Soldiers. For some reason, the old models made me feel like they were the good guys. Now they look downright sinister.

nu_ignition
05-10-2007, 06:42 AM
New article in the new issue of 360 Gamer magazine (out today, the one with Forza on the front. Ironically it's in the "Whatever happened to..." series.