PDA

View Full Version : TDC question.

Kpt_Zig
03-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Is it possible to get an 'automatic' firing solution, then go to the TDC panel, press the 'manual' button and tweak stuff without losing the solution?

Yarrick_
03-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Why you would do so?

CaptainRadish
03-28-2005, 12:11 PM
I think what he's trying to do is torpedo a destroyer when he thinks it'll speed up when it sees it.

I've had that happen before. (The convoy training is a good example of this).

There is a simple solution -- unlock your UZO or scope, and point it at the part of the target you want to hit -- or point it somewhere in front of the ship you think it will speed up to. The torpedo will always go in the direction you tell it to.

IsorukuYamamoto
03-28-2005, 02:01 PM
So if the scope or UJO is unlocked, that means the scope/UJO determines gyroangle -- always? Does it matter whether the TDC is set to manual or not?

fizilbert
03-28-2005, 02:10 PM
And yes, it is possible, you just have to target the ship so your TDC gets the info, then you can manualy adjust the dials if you click the button in the TDC screen that says "manual input." that'll allow you to adjust the settings.

Cheapshot
03-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Yes, and I do it all the time to target individual areas of a ship.

Kpt_Zig
03-28-2005, 07:07 PM
Thanks guys. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

What I actually want to do is go manual after getting my WO to fix a solution so I can switch to multiple tubes and fire a 4-torp spread.

And can anyone tell me where the switch is that allows all tubes to be pre-opened? I've looked everywhere and I can't find it (did find a pair of the chief-WO's skivvies though, unwashed. Phew! We thought it was the ham going off.) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

panthercules
03-28-2005, 07:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kpt_Zig:
And can anyone tell me where the switch is that allows all tubes to be pre-opened? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the VII-B at least there is a panel of switches on one of the walls in the conning tower that you can click on with your mouse to manually open or close the tube doors

Kpt_Zig
03-28-2005, 07:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by panthercules:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kpt_Zig:
And can anyone tell me where the switch is that allows all tubes to be pre-opened? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the VII-B at least there is a panel of switches on one of the walls in the conning tower that you can click on with your mouse to manually open or close the tube doors <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CaptainRadish
03-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Press the 'Q' button -- that'll open all currently selected torpedo tubes. If you decide to go anywhere without firing them you can push 'W' to close them

TASKFORCE1x1
04-04-2005, 01:38 AM
Topic moved to Com. Help April 4 2004.