PDA

View Full Version : How to get a refund from Ubisoft **updated**

Killdozer0000
01-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Has anyone been able to get their money back from Ubisoft? If so, please explain how you did it. I bought the game from Best Buy (which won't accept open software returns) and the Ubisoft Support never answers my questions about this, they just mark the question 'Solved'.

So, anyone had any luck? Is a class action suit of some kind the only solution? It might set a nice precedent for future companies who expect early users to pay to be Beta Testers.

Killdozer

Ashrak1978
01-18-2007, 05:38 PM
So, anyone had any luck? Is a class action suit of some kind the only solution? It might set a nice precedent for future companies who expect early users to pay to be Beta Testers.

I would think a class action lawsuit would not be too extreme at this point. The game is still an utter disaster after 2 patches. Noone can get their money back for this defective game. Seems like there should be some kind of law against that. I am going to try an get Wal-Mart to give me my money back before my 30 days are up but I'm not hopeful.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/741/deadmanwalkingfu1.th.jpg

Killdozer0000
01-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Just wanted to let anyone who still is looking to get their money back that I've forwarded this issue to the New York Attorney General. I don't expect that it will really go anywhere (I'm sure they have plenty of more important things to do), but the state has shown willingness several times in the past to pursue software companies who try to break the law using an EULA. In this case, according to the responses I've received from Ubisoft tech support, they believe their EULA allows them to charge $50 for a game that doesn't work on computers that meet the system requirements listed on the box. Of course, this is not true.

If you are interested in being a part of this action (Especially if you live in New York), please feel free to email me at meathook0000 at yahoo d o t com. Thanks.

Killdozer0000
08-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Just curious if anyone has had luck getting their money back from Ubi for this POS PC game?

NuclearDragon
08-04-2007, 04:09 AM
you bought it from best buy nd in poland the store should sell working copies nd that is the store's responsibliity.so dont americans have the right of buying a working copy??company guidelines of return are less important than comsumer laws.

Killdozer0000
08-08-2007, 02:41 AM
Unfortunately, store here in the US will only exchange opened software for another copy of the same software. It only matters that you can install the software in the box, not whether that software actually works or not. In either case, I'd much rather get the money from Ubi, since they are the ones who created this bug-ridden mess and refused to support it.

Killdozer0000
10-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Just curious, anyone found a way to get a refund for this POS yet?