PDA

View Full Version : Solution to the JADE_ENR.EXE crashes in Rayman: Raving Rabbids (PC Version)

OMA2k
04-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Hello everyone!

Almost two years ago (September, 2007) I wrote a post here explaining how to solve the crash problems in the PC version of Rayman:RR, but for some reason the whole forum was wiped clean some months later, so I'm reposting the solution again, since I'm now seeing some recent posts from people having the same problem yet again.

If you don't want to read and just want the fix, it's here: (this is NOT a crack)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PIV4P36E

Unzip that in the game's installation folder, overwriting JADE_ENR.EXE

The files in that ZIP file were lifted from a free ad-supported version that Ubisoft made available during the summer of 2007 (it's not available anymore for download, as far as I know). That free version, unlike the retail DVD version, worked perfectly, though it had some annoying advertising, but at least it made the game actually work for the first time in my computer. So I picked the new additional files from that version (plus the executable) and made a package that could be applied to the DVD version. It worked for me and other people reported it also worked for them.

I haven't played this game in years, but I think that perhaps the advertising servers might not be online anymore (this game isn't being offered for free nowadays), so maybe the adverts won't appear now (I haven't checked). Anyway, it could help to block this game in your firewall, so it doesn't have any Internet access and thus can't load any advertisements. I think it's fair to block the advertisements, since we already paid for the game, which should already be working without tinkering with the game files, anyway.

Hope this helps!

PS: Maybe some moderator could care to pin this post, since Ubisoft isn't providing any official patch for this widely spread problem with this game, as it should have years ago.

This is my original post from September, 2007:

Hello, I've seen that Ubisoft has recently released an ad-supported version of Rayman:RR, so I tried to download it to see if it worked in my machine, since my original purchased DVD copy doesn't work because of the known dreaded "jade_enr.exe" issue (I bought it in December, so more than half a year has passed with no solution from Ubisoft's part).

Well, I've found that the ad-supported version works!!!

I can't believe that Ubisoft has gone through the trouble of fixing the problems of Rayman:RR for the ad-supported version, but they haven't released any patch to fix those problems for the PAID version we have in our shelves collecting dust because it just doesn't work!

I suppose that Ubisoft doesn't care for paying customers, since they have ALREADY paid anyway...

Ok, so we now can at least play with the ad-supported version, but we have to put up with some ****ty McDonald's ads. To save the hassle of having to download a huge 1.25 GB file with the entire ad-supported version of the game, since we already have the DVD version, I've made a little pack with only the files from the ad-supported version that "fix" the DVD version of the game (but this also adds the advertising, unfortunately).

I've uploaded the little fix-pack here (it's only 3 MB):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PIV4P36E

Just unzip it in the game installation folder, making sure you also overwrite the original "jade_enr.exe" file that comes with the game.

After that just launch the game with the usual shortcut icon and it will work! You'll just have to put up with some really annoying advertising each time you win or lose any minigame.

I know it really sucks to have advertising in your game when you have already paid GOOD MONEY for the original game DVD.

Ubisoft ought to release a patch for the paid version so we don't have any advertising. We really have the right to ask that since we PAID for the game!!

Meanwhile, this dirty fix will at least enable you to play the game...

Cheers!
OMA

Raydragon
04-11-2009, 12:39 AM
This should come in useful soon, once my stepdad's fixed the CD drive for the computer. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jokerwo
04-11-2009, 01:54 AM
that's exactly what I was hoping for!!
thanks, it worked!

OMA2k
04-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Glad to see I could help. Do you get advertising now after each minigame? If you don't, the ad servers probably aren't working anymore.

caroline123
11-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Would just like to say a HUGE thank you! a year or 2 ago when we bought this game I tried several times from different sites to replace the jade.exe and it never worked. Recently my little brother was harrasing me to install it on a new PC so I jumped online to try a fix once more and was lucky to find your post first. And it works on my old PC! So thank you for taking the time and effort for creating this to help out people that purchased this game. And to have an outsider that doesn't work at Ubisoft to help out their customers. Thanks again and keep up the good work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bahamut1112
12-20-2010, 07:05 AM
When I installed the game, I registered it, however the jade_enr.exe crashed. When I tried the patch, it lagged on my PC, so it became unusable. I re-installed it and did not register it this time. This seems to fix the problem as I have managed to run it fine afterwards.

OMA2k
12-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Good to see my little fix from 2007 still helps people run this game, though it's still sad Ubisoft never fixed this problem themselves.

About the register/not register issue, I don't think filling out the register form has anything to do with the game being slow. Maybe the first time you had some processor intensive task running in the background.

Dusan94857625
10-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Does anyone still have this files from OMA2k??? Megaupload links are not available and my original Raving Rabbids game is still only in the box because of the JADE problem :( I will help me if you have this files somewhere stored.......

bedarnia
10-24-2012, 09:14 PM
please can anyone send me the fix-pack (Megaupload links does not work any more)
this is my email :"bedarniamariam@gmail.com"
^_^