PDA

View Full Version : Voltaic and the stupid valves...

PapaCookie
02-18-2004, 05:41 PM
I am stuck...I did all the necessary things to get the steam working..at least I think I did...but when I get back down to the valves after getting the fan turned on and lava flowing again...I go to the valves and nowhere in the vacinity do I see any steam coming out anywhere..And I can't get the elevator to go anywhere when turning on or off valves and pulling the lever....Have I missed something? or is there a file missing in my download? I have started the dam running....cranked the crank...started the electricity going, turned the fins....(shot the dog)....started the fan...listened to the lunatic...(shot another dog).....and now I am really stumped why nothing works at the steam valve/elevator....Any Help for me??

PapaCookie
02-18-2004, 05:41 PM
I am stuck...I did all the necessary things to get the steam working..at least I think I did...but when I get back down to the valves after getting the fan turned on and lava flowing again...I go to the valves and nowhere in the vacinity do I see any steam coming out anywhere..And I can't get the elevator to go anywhere when turning on or off valves and pulling the lever....Have I missed something? or is there a file missing in my download? I have started the dam running....cranked the crank...started the electricity going, turned the fins....(shot the dog)....started the fan...listened to the lunatic...(shot another dog).....and now I am really stumped why nothing works at the steam valve/elevator....Any Help for me??

PrincessXenobia
02-18-2004, 06:28 PM
You've been to the lava room then, i take it? When you left, was there any lava? Did you provide means to get the steam from the lava room to the dirigible area? Those are the 2 main things that seem to trip people up, so let's start there.

AussieMystic
02-18-2004, 06:53 PM
If you have indeed got the fan turned on and lava in the room, then you should have steam.

Try closing all the steam vents and pulling the handle. If you are taken up to a higher level then you have steam and can start working on that puzzle. If not, go back to the lava room. Note you will have to drain the room, go in, raise yourself up high to get to the fan switch, then get out and put the lava back in...

wstrohm
02-18-2004, 07:52 PM
That monstrous gear in the Lava room also has to be in the correct location when you leave.

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to SUFFERING! - Yoda

Roryos
02-18-2004, 10:56 PM
i did the same thing you have to get lava back in the room before you leave!!!!!!

valkeri
02-20-2004, 05:57 PM
i have the steam going and i've gottin to every level of the valve thingy. what do i do next?

BobF
02-20-2004, 06:26 PM
From the top of the steam elevator you must figure out which valves to open as you come down. The goal is to have the long pointer at the dotted line on the gauge when you are again at the bottom. Simple observations and a bit up adding and subtracting will help.