PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Function

M9G_STRIKER
06-05-2007, 07:52 PM
will haze support keyboard and mouse function for the PS3

M9G-D3TON8R
06-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah great question mate.

I hope developers start supporting KB/M functions, as I cannot stand FPS games with 'paddles'.... :P

M9G_D3TON8R
06-05-2007, 08:25 PM
I third that one :P

M9G_StickMan
06-05-2007, 08:38 PM
I really want KB/M functionality in PS3 FPS games as its quite hard to control using the SIXAXIS. This function should be incorporated into all FPS console games in my opinion.

TerranUp16
06-05-2007, 09:04 PM
It's already incorporated into all PC FPS games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BuddyFlashheart
06-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Get the Splitfish FragFX

M9G_StickMan
06-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Is the Splitfish FragFX any good though and is it fully supported in games atm. And i know its supported in all PC games but i feel it should be incorporated into all platforms.

M9G_D3TON8R
06-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks for that TerranUp16! I never knew! :P

I meant for PS3 personally, sorry if I didn't specify it.

M9G_STRIKER
06-05-2007, 10:08 PM
i agree, when Sony says that they will support K/M function i would hope that developers take that onboard and just add that extra function to their games

TerranUp16
06-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by M9G_D3TON8R:
Thanks for that TerranUp16! I never knew! :P

I meant for PS3 personally, sorry if I didn't specify it.

Oh, no, that's quite alright; you specified quite well.

Rasomaso
06-06-2007, 08:40 AM
I hope it will not be supported in multiplayer. I wanna wallow like a pig on my bed while slaughtering people. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

deded999
06-06-2007, 08:57 AM
In principle I'd support it, (although I've always felt that the ability to aim to pinpoint precision should be limited to aiming, not spinning around in full flight and nailing someone in the right eyeball from a hundred feet - and yes I know it's a game).

But if it's so much better with k/m then the whole online playing field would be skewed on consoles - unless you incorporated a k/m - controller split so each system only played against the other. Personally I don't see it happening, but I'd be interested to hear any dev comments on this particular conundrum...

(I also seem to remember a tale from last year where they tested 360 gamers via PC gamers, (can't remember the game), and the console players actually had the upper hand - probably a cyber-myth though).

TerranUp16
06-06-2007, 09:45 AM
(I also seem to remember a tale from last year where they tested 360 gamers via PC gamers, (can't remember the game), and the console players actually had the upper hand - probably a cyber-myth though).

Undoubtedly unless the auto-aim was really good. It ultimately depends on the kind of game. If we're talking about something like Battlefield 2, the mouse is hands-down lightyears ahead of a controller- a controller simply cannot get enough accuracy at the distances much of the combat takes place from in that game. However, games that are more "run-'n-gun" orientated can benefit vastly from auto-aim as generally those are the games with the big guns that unleash ridiculous firepower and combat takes place in close quarters so it's just a matter of who can pump the most bullets into their enemy, and that's where auto-aim takes the upper hand as the mouse guys would need to be running, gunning, and aiming as opposed to just the former two actions. The TS series could be either of those two depending on what guns you had going around (SBP-500 for the run-'n-gun; duh).

sanderDrost
06-06-2007, 10:30 AM
its for sale on pc, if you wanna play with keyboard and mouse then buy the game for pc.

i prefer SIXAXIS or the 360 controller, but i would hate it if other players could play with keyboard and mouse online and have a much better and quicker aim. that would most defenatly suck

TerranUp16
06-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by sanderDrost:
its for sale on pc, if you wanna play with keyboard and mouse then buy the game for pc.

The more blunt way of saying what I said subtly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Rasomaso
06-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah all you keyboard+mouse fans, get the game for PC. We (ehm, hardcore TS veterans http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif) don't need any keyboard!

TerranUp16
06-06-2007, 01:44 PM
So you're going with a gamepad and mouse then? Interesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sanderDrost
06-06-2007, 02:05 PM
yea thats new didnt you know that? its a very effective way for some serius bowning in online gameplay http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Rasomaso
06-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Ok I forgot about the mouse, but at least it would have been something to throw from a window or smash to pieces when someone pissed me off. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BuddyFlashheart
06-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by M9G_StickMan:
Is the Splitfish FragFX any good though and is it fully supported in games atm.

Reviews and previews have been favorable, that's all I know about it. It operates independent of developer support, meaning it hooks up like any USB or BT accessory and does motion translation through the device itself. Sounds very spiffy.

M9G_D3TON8R
06-07-2007, 05:35 PM
You see, this is what made me have to think really really hard about buying a PS3. Kids. Damn kids who play online and cannot use a K/B/M combo or think that accuracy cannot be achieved with a controller. Carrying on about "I don't wanna play against a K/M user" really makes that obvious.....the great console gamers wouldn't mind I'm sure.

Yes, granted if you grew up with consoles (I didn't, they weren't around when I grew up) then you may know how to use one properly, but you cannot tell me that they are more accurate than the pin-point precision of the mouse.

Rasomaso summed it up perfectly when he/she stated about playing in bed.....that's what I mean. If you are serious about gaming you'd be playing at a desk or something, not lounging in bed like you're playing Sonic the Hedgehog or something.

And yes, I could buy it on PC, which in fact is where I usually play games. But since developers across the board are concentrating on consoles and merely giving PC users the badly-made ports you console guys are getting, I decided to step up and take up the PS3 as it did specify K/M support (had it not, I wouldn't have bought one).

And yes I know that by replying and voicing my opinion that WW3 will start, but hey, that's freedom of speech combined with the freedom of the internet and kids feeling safe behind their screens for ya :P

M9G_StickMan
06-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Oh no....... She's gonna blow. :P

M9G_impaler
06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Using a wheel for car games makes sense. Using a keyboard and mouse on a FPS on the sony 'supercomputer' makes mroe sense. I can see more pc gamers moving over to PS3 as the games get better. These consoles are actually looking half decent.

deded999
06-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Rasomaso summed it up perfectly when he/she stated about playing in bed.....that's what I mean. If you are serious about gaming you'd be playing at a desk or something, not lounging in bed like you're playing Sonic the Hedgehog or something.

You're entitled to your opinion, but is there anything wrong with playing games, for... ooh, I don't know, fun? Sure, I get the idea of taking it seriously as well, (although you can definetly take it too seriously), but if people want to lounge on their beds, or even hang upside down while playing a game, I really don't see the problem with that. Surely that's the whole point in having a controller rather than a k/m anyway - you can play without a table and PC in front of you, something which engenders console strengths like four mates playing a game from the couch, or being able to play in bed say. No criticism of the k/m - serious gaming crowd either, but the approaches aren't mutually exclusive and one is not better than the other - just different, with different strengths and weaknesses. And a good thing too.

M9G_D3TON8R
06-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Fair call yes, and I apologise if you read my content wrong (hard to express opinions in text form)and I do agree that people play for 'fun' as do I, unless of course a challenge is set :P

However, I was pertaining to the arguement that the keyboard/mouse is going to give better accuracy for FPS games, which is why I'd rather keep my controller for games like Motostorm or Little Big Planet when it hits the shelves.

Not side-tracking from the thread at hand, we were talking about a simple question of if or if not the K/M combo would be supported or not. But hey, since a simple question becomes a healthy debate of PC vs Console gamers (as appears to be the trand no matter what forum you're on) then I quite happily share my two cents worth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Whilst there, my personal preference for the K/M combo over the controller would be because I also like playing some FPS games as intended, slow and correctly, as if you are really in the game, not just Rambo with a rifle running violently through the game and spraying anything in view. And playing a game on 'veteran' level requires more accuracy imo.

Again, just my opinion. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

M9G_STRIKER
06-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Ok now hold up. I personally grew up with console games and always loved playing by controller, but over the past few years I have played both PC and console games I am a fan of both. Now all I did was ask a question so all you other fan boys can **** off if you're not answering with any information that you might know. Ok now there is no reason incorporating a K/M function. Are you that childish "oh he's got more advantage then me" oh grow up I would consider it a challenge, I play for fun and when I play I like to feel comfortable with the control functions if I feel I want to lay in bed and play I will use the sixaxis but there are times where I would like more control if it was K/M.

TerranUp16
06-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Once again... Haze won't be "another crappy console to PC port" because the PC version of Haze IS NOT A PORT. Anyway, there are plenty of extremely good native PC games coming out- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Crysis, Unreal Tournament 3, Darkest of Days, and Left 4 Dead just to name a few. That's not even including games outside the FPS genre such as Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, nor does it include what seem to be better-crafted "ports", such as GRAW 2 (quotations used because they are not really just ports- they actually have been redesigned for the PC). Yeah, the PC gets **** like Halo and Halo 2, but it gets plenty more to compensate for the **** it gets.

M9G_D3TON8R
06-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by TerranUp16:
Once again... Haze won't be "another crappy console to PC port" because the PC version of Haze IS NOT A PORT.

Yeah man, we cleared that up a while ago :P

The whole point of this thread was to find out if it supported Keyboard or not on PS3, nothing else.....but hey, discussions are discussions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

sanderDrost
06-08-2007, 03:20 AM
You see, this is what made me have to think really really hard about buying a PS3. Kids. Damn kids who play online and cannot use a K/B/M combo or think that accuracy cannot be achieved with a controller. Carrying on about "I don't wanna play against a K/M user" really makes that obvious.....the great console gamers wouldn't mind I'm sure.

Yes, granted if you grew up with consoles (I didn't, they weren't around when I grew up) then you may know how to use one properly, but you cannot tell me that they are more accurate than the pin-point precision of the mouse.

And yes, I could buy it on PC, which in fact is where I usually play games. But since developers across the board are concentrating on consoles and merely giving PC users the badly-made ports you console guys are getting, I decided to step up and take up the PS3 as it did specify K/M support (had it not, I wouldn't have bought one).

And yes I know that by replying and voicing my opinion that WW3 will start, but hey, that's freedom of speech combined with the freedom of the internet and kids feeling safe behind their screens for ya :P

ofcourse mouse and keyboard are faster then a controller but that doesnt mean everyone likes it better, and it has nothing to do with "being serius about gaming...". I like to play serius for my rank or something but i personally HATE mouse and keyboard and i didnt buy my ps3 cause i wanted to play with mouse and keyboard.

f*ck you

i dont wanna play against people that are faster then me because they use "mouse and keyboard" i just wanna play equal. I can understand that you wanna play on a console over pc but dont start wining that it should have keyboard and mouse, and that we "children" should shut up cause its "better then a controller".

deded999
06-08-2007, 03:44 AM
A bit strong don't you think? Don't take things so personally. People have their preferences and a lot of people are very happy about the possibility of using m/k on PS3.

@ M9G_Striker: Sure you asked a question, but as you can see, none of us know the answer and FRD_Neko isn't biting, hence the reason you have no answer and the thread has turned to 'discussion'. As long as people keep it reasonably civil I don't see why that should be a problem honestly.

As for this:

Are you that childish "oh he's got more advantage then me" oh grow up I would consider it a challenge

...good for you, but unfortunately (and ironically) it's probably the gamers that take their games more seriously who'll be whining loudest about unfair control advantages. On the other hand those are the ones most likely to fork out extra for k/m combos. Personally I think it's an issue that needs to be looked at, as with any issue that may give one player an advantage over another. It may be a game, but playing online should at least attempt to be a level playing field for all.

M9G_D3TON8R
06-08-2007, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by sanderDrost:f*ck you

And you just put yourself into that category which appears you fit well.

Read the entire thread before jumping in with a rediculous comment like that. I'm sure you feel safe behind your monitor, but I reckon if we were talking about this in the pub you may take the time to show a little more respect and listen carefully to the conversation before making yourself look silly. (should you be of age to be in a pub of course.)

If you are a talented console gamer using the controller then I applaud the fact you don't find it intimidating that another user may use a K/M combo. Props to you. My comment was to those who bleet and complain like sheep to slaughter that they think it'd be an unfair advantage, and therefore put gamers who do like the combo out of the picture.

The 'war' of Console VS PC burns stronger everyday and with soldiers like you on the frontline I'm sure it will burn for longer.

I hope to see you on the battleground some day my friend. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sanderDrost
06-08-2007, 03:58 AM
well ok.. what you say is correct it was actually your friend strikers post that made me go there and saying f*ck you isnt childish. i just dont like the fact that other players have an advantage because they use something i dont wanna use and thats excactly the reason why i like to play on consoles and why i bought a ps3.

sorry for overreacting in the first reaction but really only the "f*ck you" part was misplaced maybe.

Sander

p.s. i dont feel save behinf my monitor at all i have the feeling i'd die way faster if i was behind it all the time. Plus it will make you neck hurt after a while.

M9G_D3TON8R
06-08-2007, 04:38 AM
sorry for overreacting in the first reaction but really only the "f*ck you" part was misplaced maybe.

Definately. Apology accepted. Don't take it all personally though, if someone had written your name it'd be a fair call to react as such, but otherwise it's a generic over-stereo-typing.

Still look forward to seeing you on the battlefront :P

Rasomaso
06-08-2007, 06:23 AM
Rasomaso summed it up perfectly when he/she stated about playing in bed.....that's what I mean. If you are serious about gaming you'd be playing at a desk or something, not lounging in bed like you're playing Sonic the Hedgehog or something

Hey I meant by that I don't wanna cringe behind the desk and say "look I have a mouse and I'm faster". I just wanted to say that it's much more comfortable to be in the bed or in chair than sit in front of a monitor. And even if I'd buy a M/K combo and sit behind the table, I wouldn't see anything because my HDTV is simply too big.

And about that "childish" argument, yeah I wouldn't mind to face you (and other not-pros) in the MP. I'm sure if TS2 supported the K/M and online play, we would have a deathmatch with tommy guns and one shot kill active, and I would kick your *** in a big way. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

M9G_STRIKER
06-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Rasomaso:
and I would kick your *** in a big way. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

umm i dont think you know what this guy is like

and response to sanderDrost you bought a ps3 because you didnt want to use/ or dont want people to use K/M function. then why did you buy one cose it does support K/M function thats why UT2007 is going to support it.

M9G_impaler
06-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Well if UT will support it why the hell cant a sick game like Haze do it?? There is no sensable reason not too!

..It just sucks that the developers cant outline things for us all before the release :P

sanderDrost
06-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by M9G_STRIKER:
and response to sanderDrost you bought a ps3 because you didnt want to use/ or dont want people to use K/M function. then why did you buy one cose it does support K/M function thats why UT2007 is going to support it.

well i didnt know it did, yea maybe in the ps3 internetbrowser. keyboards were supported on ps2 as well but not to play with. But who ever wants to use a keyboard and mouse on console games, go ahead it wont botter me anymore. we'll see how big the difference will be between the 2. Maybe it wont be so bad.

Rasomaso
06-08-2007, 09:39 AM
umm i dont think you know what this guy is like

Yeah he's a big ninja rambo superhero and so the rest of your team M9G huh? And you know what I am like don't you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

zehoo
06-20-2007, 09:55 PM
No haze kb/m option for the ps3? Guess I just need to wait a little longer for UT3 to fork out my cash.

darkmanure
06-22-2007, 03:59 AM
KB/M support would really be useful and will define FPS on PS3 more then it would on 360.

I use to be a PC gamer but hardware cost to much to keep on going and hopefully KB/M support will not differentiate PC gamer to console players.