View Full Version : SUGGESTIONS 2
05-29-2005, 11:46 AM
There is a thread by the same name but the posts there have changed their nature and the thread has become off-topic. Please keep this thread limited to suggestions only.
05-29-2005, 11:59 AM
This was the biggest plus of classic GR and made it award-winning. For this purpose, in GR3, we should have
- Large, non-linear maps and missions
- Editor like Igor shipped with the game
- RANDOM ENEMY PLACEMENTS IN FIREFIGHTS and, if possible, in the missions as well. We should have GROUPS OF ENEMIES which appear randomly and not single enemies. This is because the group behavior is so much more challenging than single enemies. We had random enemies in the 'terrorist hunt' mode of the R6 series and so it is possible to implement. We should be able to play 'firefight' in SP, with our full team.
- enemies which behave differently, every time we replay the game.
05-29-2005, 01:04 PM
- they should always utilize COVER while fighting, have the ability to PEEK and shoot, rise shoot and DUCK down etc. ( this behavior was visible in the E3 video and I like it ). This should definitly be present in the pc game.
- they should have realistic AIM, not too good and not too bad.
- they should have realistic REACTION TIME. In many games, we have seen the AI raise their guns or turn too quickly or too slowly.
- they should have realistic DETECTION ABILITIES. Not like GR2, where they could 'see' the player through foliage etc.
- they should RECOGNIZE DEAD BUDDIES and react appropriately. They should not walk into the line of fire.
- SELF PRESERVATION and putting up a tough fight fot their lives is very important. Like real soldiers, they should not get hit very easily.
- they should REACT TO BULLETS SHOT at them, whether they have been hit or not, and always try to move away from the line of fire and the vision of the person firing. Their ability to aim should be adversely affected when under fire. Only then can covering fire be of any help.
- they should use DIFFERENT BATTLE STRATEGIES AND WORK IN A GROUP.
- certain PSYCHOLOGICAL ELEMENTS like fear should be introduced. They should have a FEAR OF LOSING THEIR LIVES and act accordingly.
I really hope that GRIN gives us atleast one DIFFICULTY SETTING called 'realistic' or 'simulation' or something like that, where the A.I behaves and moves very realistically, whether they are fighting or not.
( The E3 VIDEO seemed very realistic in terms of movement and A.I. and I hope that the pc version has the same thing )
05-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Buddhiraja's hit home most of the points i would've posted myself, so i'll just add to the list what wasn't already stated.
-(probably wouldn't be in game: ) Weapon Customization a la RvS, WITH the 'physics-based aiming system' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif idea of DayGlow, where every weapon-tweak actually counts. Heck, maybe even throw in extreme customization, like being given the option of choosing exactly where you would like to attach sights and scopes on your weapon's rails, etc. so that weapon balance and what you see through the aiming device is affected.
-Enemies (randomly) loaded during mission load-up, just like GR. There should be no "scripted/triggered" enemy spawns like GR2 had.
05-30-2005, 01:55 AM
I agree with both your points davidz.
- Weapons should be customizable and MULTIPLE ATTACHMENTS should be allowed atleast in SP and Co-Op e.g- scopes and silencers together. I would like various kinds of usable attachments like thermal scopes on rifles.
- Enemies that are already present on the map, and NOT SPAWNING , is very important for replayability. If they are always present, the game plays differently if we choose slightly different routes or different spots for firefights.
- I would like to play the FIREFIGHT in SP and Co-Op, WITH MY TEAM. The enemies would appear RANDOMLY but in GROUPS i.e the groups would appear at different places every time we play it.
05-30-2005, 05:03 AM
- Ability to control each man.
- Select each man with cursor and action key.
- commands include go to, hold, attack, suppress, defend, use AT, place charges
- ROE defensive means hold fire unless detected or fired on.
- ROE offensive means that squad attacks any enemy seen.
- Need a key to quick select entire squad.
- Ability to give orders to squad members remotely. The order system is normally line of sight, you can only order a squad member to go to a position on the map you can direct with your cursor (Unless they implement a waypoint system). If a squad member or members are out of your sight, how do you give them orders? Cross comm should mean that you can still communicate with them. So, if you have set them up in an ambush position, you can give them a command to suppress at the right moment. You also need to communicate orders to move to your location, so that you don't have to collect them each time.
05-31-2005, 05:53 AM
Or maybe a dedicated commander?
At the begining of the game someone volunteers to be a comander and instead of playing on the field they would have a satelite veiw over the battlefield and using this direct the other teammates, relaying commands, formations and general tactics eg cover fire or suppressive fire.
I probibly havent thought this idea all the way through but it would be nice to see a feature of this along these sort of line implemented into GR3. This would be for MP
05-31-2005, 06:03 AM
I like that idea a lot. I don't know if it's feasable, but it definitely is cool. Especially if he could plot waypoints. I wonder if this has been implemented in any other game?
The problem in coop is finding people disciplined enough to follow orders and work like a team. From experience, it is hard to give orders from ground level ingame and if you split your squad up, it gets harder. In any case, I like it.
05-31-2005, 06:16 AM
I like it too. It's a feature that'll be implemented in some form in BF2 - there are films on the internet with E3 press showcases of this - but i think it would fit even better in GR3!
Imagine starting a clan, with five tight, disciplined mates (one dedicated commander) who are skilled with tactics, move together and take on other clans on big, urban maps... wooo that would be so cool!
05-31-2005, 06:17 AM
To my knowledge it hasnt but I maybe wrong although i guess on major flaw to this idea is if someone inexperianced or just generally messing around became commander then problems may occur. I guess one way to cambat this could be to implement some sort of ranking system.
05-31-2005, 07:44 AM
The voting method for stripes in GR 1 would be as good as any, would be a democratic way to select a leader.
05-31-2005, 09:18 AM
Yup, thats exactly how BF2 will do it, and the commander can also call in airstrikes/artillery and drop down supplies to the team.
05-31-2005, 06:56 PM
an AA style of weapon customization would be best.
artillery *****s will pop up everywhere if you can call in unlimited air strikes on anything.
06-01-2005, 02:40 AM
HUMAN MOVEMENT --
- REALISTIC and DETAILED movements are essential for good gameplay and even AI. The E3 videos have dispalyed excellent human movements and I hope that the pc version has at least the same standard. I was reading in one thread that GRIN captures animations very effectively and this should help.
- I noticed many SMALL and PARTIAL movements in the E3 video and really liked it. e.g- variuos arm movements, postures, head turns. Also the SAME ACTION seems to be done slightly DIFFERENTLY at different times . This can be exciting.
- The STRAFING movement from the AI is very important. That way, they can move away from the line of sight of the opponent while keeping an eye on him. I saw that too in the video.
- the movement SPEED should not be too fast or slow, but like real humans.
- The AI should DASH FOR COVER FAST but their APPROACH must be STEALTHY.
- Introduction of NEW MOVEMENTS like DIVING for cover, bending the shoulder inwards to fit in a narrow cover, etc can be exciting, if possible to implement.
- It is very important that ALL THE MOVEMENTS THE PLAYER HAS, THE BOTS ALSO HAVE and vice versa. Otherwise the gameplay becomes disbalanced.
06-01-2005, 04:28 AM
REPLAYS - REPLAYS - REPLAYS
The ability to fast forward a replay, to be able to slow down a replay (basically like GR had)
add something that allows you to rewind a replay -2x -4x -8x speed atleast.
oh and did i mention replays?
06-01-2005, 06:10 AM
Miraho, you forgot to mention replays. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
06-01-2005, 05:20 PM
The commander option is available in Joint Ops.
But I haven't matched in that game and have never seen anyone implement it in a fun game.
I believe the commander can set waypoints for squads etc. but again, I have never seen it used
06-02-2005, 12:35 PM
- the AI will CHANGE THEIR POSITIONS as required, to fool the opponent or to get to a better cover because the last one became disadvantageous or to get a better shot at the opponent.
At the same time, they should not move about too much or too fast, as we see in some run and gun shooters.
- There should be a large % of FREE ROAMING AI s which can ROAM AROUND THE WHOLE MAP and are PRESENT on the map from the START. We had this in GR - Island Thunder and this made the game so much more interesting. We can engage in firefights at different spots and the enemies in the vicinity come to look for us. All the spots on the map can be used i.e the large maps are better utilized and the game plays differently, everytime we play it. The suspence increases. This is perhaps the most important point as far as the AI is concerned and will give us the taste of GR Classic.
- they are really SNEAKY and would TRY TO FOOL AND SURPRISE the player. We had these qualities in GR1 as well.
06-02-2005, 02:58 PM
- realistic weapons + realistic features. Ex: the AN94 should have 2 round bursts, OICW shouldn't have sniper-esque zoom, M249 shouldn't shoot like a elephant shower spraying all over the place and ALL sniper rifles should be more accurate than in GR1 (I know GR3 will not have these weapons, it's just an example).
- Give players a reason to choose different weapons other than the super-duper noob gun OICW with grenade launcher. We need variety and every gun should have a CLEAR disavantage/vantage over others, that's realism. Carbines and subs should have a real advantage over rifles and others in CQB, snipers should have the upper hand in bigger open maps. Players should be able to feel these differences right way. Weight and size of the guns should interfere with aim and overall playability.
- Zoom and distance realism: a rifleman should not to able to spot a hidden sniper from 300 meters with this gun optics/iron sight before the sniper does.
- Better cover for snipers and more damage capacity for their MUCH more powerful rounds. Give them a better backup gun, customized kits.
- Ballistic and damage realism: 9mm and 5,56 should be able to easily perforate most doors, vehicles, small trees and other in-game objects, 7,62mm and above should be able to pass through virtually all vests, walls, concrete, big trees and heavier objects. Give real max range for every caliber, no more one-shot-one kill with 5,56mm shot across a big map like Red Square-Moscow, also no more enemy limping/wounded after a 7,62mm,.300,.338 and .50 fired to the torso at medium range, that's plain stupid and compromises gameplay. As i said: give a solid REASON to choose such calibers, otherwise we will see another boring and unoriginal OICW/SA80 gun fest.
- No more AI hip firing to the head from 400 yards with 100% accuracy, even when taking supressive fire or actually being shot.
- Environment interaction: ability to cross deep water, to climb up rocks, trees and etc. Make objects destructble.
- Ability to customize our weapons and gears (aren't the Ghosts the finest Special Force operatives on earth or just a bunch of poor rednecks?) with silencers, laser sights, granade launchers, new optics/scopes, smoke/flash grenades and eletronic gadgets. A new interface to do that is a must (think Rainbow Six).
Finally, make the bullet a real OBJECT flying in-game and not a ******* CODE!
06-27-2005, 04:32 AM
Just a couple from me: requests more than suggestions, apologies if these have already been covered:
Please, a 50/50 mix of urban and rural maps. Personally I far enjoy wooded rural landscapes than running around Mexico city in urban warfare
No 3rd person view
Helmets fly off on head shot? or when a dead soldier hits the ground? Gory, but probably quite satisfying when viewed through a sniper lens.
More reactive environments and sounds, tyres deflating on stranded vehicles when shot, bark/cement/door breaking off in chunks when shot at (aka matrix 1 style in building foyer attack for example)
occasional sounds - babies crying in 1 or 2 city locations, distant commercial planes passing over, or birds tweeting in woodland etc...coupled with insects/birds/fish etc.. as in far cry
07-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Very cool idea about the field commander. The problem is true, though, it is hard to find people willing to follow orders. I guess the discipline would add to the competition though, because obviously the team who works together the best usually wins. I'm in Australia and we have LAN parties where I team up with a bunch of mates who were in the military. I seem to have a tactical mind so when we team up and they listen to my orders we pretty much never lose.
Anyway very cool idea I second it, would be great to have a map that we could draw on, like in Guild Wars, but with a proper tactical map like in GR1
07-22-2005, 01:30 AM
OK, my two cents worth...
1) Weight factoring. The more you carry, the slower you run, and the slower your ability to make other movements.
2) Destructable environments.
3) Bigger differentiation with regards to zoom and/or accuracy between assault rifles and sniper rifles.
10-07-2005, 02:14 AM
UNLIMITED QUICK SAVES --
- GR had it and it was very sweet. Please keep it in GRAW. It is especially important in case of maps which are very large, as in GRAW.
- Many games impose restrictions on this BUT, according to me, it should be a player's choice. If somebody does not like it, let him/her not use it.
10-07-2005, 09:09 AM
You could combine those "weapon advantages / disadvantages" and "weapon attachments" ideas by tuning the carbine's attachments to CQB and the proper rifle's to long range combat.
10-07-2005, 11:07 PM
I'd like to see the game come released, that would be my suggestion...