PDA

View Full Version : Questions From A n00b

IOmegaI
12-14-2007, 08:09 AM
ok ill try to make this short and to the point.

1. Why is it when i try to mount 4 .50cal guns on the bow mounting they dont show up, but the twin 20mm does.

2. Are there really only 2 torpedoes available?

3. when do i get surface search radar?

4. Do i ever get that Third ammo type AP HE and ?? thats greyed out for me

5. why the heck do all the conning towers look alike on all the subs.

IOmegaI
12-14-2007, 08:09 AM

1. Why is it when i try to mount 4 .50cal guns on the bow mounting they dont show up, but the twin 20mm does.

jetthelooter
12-14-2007, 09:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IOmegaI:

that is referring to the deckgun. naval guns are measured by barrel length and diameter of the bore. so a 3" .50 means that the gun is a 3inch bore 12.5 feet long. otherwords multiply 3X50=150inches or 12.5feet. typically the longer the barrel and the bigger the bore the more punch the gun has.

early in the war yes mk10 and mk14. typically submarine comanders had no choice as to what ammo they would carry as it was determined by higherups in the navy depending on the mission.

later in the war i think around mid to late 1942ish

no its a leftover from sh3 from which the basics and headaches of the game come.

american submarine building was a cooperative effort by the various shipyards. as the main goal of the war was to defeat the enemy and americans tend to keep what works and then modify as needed instead of going from scratch all over again in shipbuilding. shipbuilding is extremely expensive to come up with radical new types so american shipbuilding philosophy has seemingly always been lets keep what works and modify as needed.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IOmegaI
12-14-2007, 09:28 AM
thnx