PDA

View Full Version : Playing without affecting progress

ollie_n_g
10-22-2011, 08:36 AM
I have some friends coming over to play Rocksmith and I was wondering if it's possible to play the game without it affecting your progress. Essentially I don't want my friends play to have any bearing on my progress meter.

Is this possible?

Pancho X1
10-22-2011, 10:11 AM
if they have their own gamer profiles, have them login under those before playing. Progress is tied to the gamer profile logged in while playing. if they don't have one, set up some guest or generic player profiles and let them use those. If they use yours, it will affect your level progress for sure.

ollie_n_g
10-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks! Would I set up the guest player profile outside of the game?

Edited to add: my console is PS3

Pancho X1
10-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by ollie_n_g:
Thanks! Would I set up the guest player profile outside of the game?

Edited to add: my console is PS3
yes, set them up on the XMB(?) or whatever the dashboard is called. then they log into that before starting the game. The bummer is that everytime a new player plays, if they want to track there own progress, they have to quit and exit the game, switch users and then restart the game. You could always pick up and extra real tone cable, assuming you have a second guitar, or maybe one of your friends has one. then two could play at the same time. or just have everyone play on a single guest account and the game will level down for them if they suck and somebody before them leveled up first. whatever you do, have a blast!