PDA

View Full Version : Staff the whole game.

Electrocuuute
08-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Has anyone ever thought about using the staff the whole game?

I mean, sure, the sword and daggers freakin' own, but not really anyone uses the staff.
For one, it does the worst damage.
And two, you usually don't find good attack staffs.

I'm sure it's possible to staff through most of the game, using spells for longer range.

Electrocuuute
08-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Has anyone ever thought about using the staff the whole game?

I mean, sure, the sword and daggers freakin' own, but not really anyone uses the staff.
For one, it does the worst damage.
And two, you usually don't find good attack staffs.

I'm sure it's possible to staff through most of the game, using spells for longer range.

IDark-KillerI
08-20-2007, 02:54 PM
no it's not... the first weapon you find is a short sword

Electrocuuute
08-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Excluding the prologue.
In other words, using a staff for the rest of the
game when you start finding them.

Oakwarrior
08-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah I have. It's really enjoyable IMO http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MeEatOrc
08-20-2007, 06:16 PM
I played through the game once strictly 'wizard-style', meaning I only (more or less) used spells and staffs. I don't think staffs are that bad, for instance they're great for stunning and knocking people down. The problem is the speed, because Sareth spins it around and stuff before you can strike.. The neck-breaker-move is cool though, but it doesn't seem to happen very often..

YvonnelBaenre
08-20-2007, 07:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I mean, sure, the sword and daggers freakin' own, but not really anyone uses the staff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my honest opinion, staves are much better than swords. Swords have a short range and can only damage one enemy at a time. You'll be needing to perform a kick every time you let your parry down when using swords if you want to avoid damage.

Meanwhile, the staff has a long range and will cause enemies to spend much of their time on the ground. The backwards power attack is quick, long range, easy to aim, and has two attacks; the sidewards power attack is long range and can knock multiple opponents down.

VenomKing666
08-20-2007, 07:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YvonnelBaenre:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I mean, sure, the sword and daggers freakin' own, but not really anyone uses the staff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my honest opinion, staves are much better than swords. Swords have a short range and can only damage one enemy at a time. You'll be needing to perform a kick every time you let your parry down when using swords if you want to avoid damage.

Meanwhile, the staff has a long range and will cause enemies to spend much of their time on the ground. The backwards power attack is quick, long range, easy to aim, and has two attacks; the sidewards power attack is long range and can knock multiple opponents down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Staves are nice, but swords are the beat, I can hit multiple enemies with swords and I almost kill them in one shot with my precccious naga silksword. If you boost Critical Hit, you will be strooong. Also if you want to avoid damage with the sword... just block. By the way, I do not use shields.

Electrocuuute
08-20-2007, 11:11 PM
I was thinking about going warrior style, but with a staff.
I don't have knowledge of the requirements for the higher level staffs, so could anyone give me a little info on
what I should get (other than strength?)

SPOILER:

Also, I was reading that later in the game when you fight Arantir, he summons a bone dragon?
Should I invest in a spell or two?

VenomKing666
08-21-2007, 05:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Electrocuuute:
I was thinking about going warrior style, but with a staff.
I don't have knowledge of the requirements for the higher level staffs, so could anyone give me a little info on
what I should get (other than strength?)

SPOILER:

Also, I was reading that later in the game when you fight Arantir, he summons a bone dragon?
Should I invest in a spell or two? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some staves require the primary fighting skill, some others require "Magic affinity". And staff warrior style lok interesting. Lets call it Monk Style !

And about this Bone dragon... (Dracolich)... It may look strong and all but its quite easy... I already killed it in one shot with the fiery bow and str level 3 with my uber archer.

P_C
08-21-2007, 05:52 AM
I have beaten the game with staffs where I used the iron staff when I could get it. Other than that endurance and as a spell.... telekinesis http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VenomKing666
08-21-2007, 10:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P_C:
I have beaten the game with staffs where I used the iron staff when I could get it. Other than that endurance and as a spell.... telekinesis http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need of staff... Telekinesis pwn everything !

DestinP
09-04-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm playing through the game on hardcore mode as wizard type. It's pretty difficult because orc warriors can pretty much 1 hit kill me if they get a running jump in, even if I try to keep range it's hard to dodge Archers at the same time. But i love it, I haven't played a challenging game in a while!

VenomKing666
09-05-2007, 06:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DestinP:
I'm playing through the game on hardcore mode as wizard type. It's pretty difficult because orc warriors can pretty much 1 hit kill me if they get a running jump in, even if I try to keep range it's hard to dodge Archers at the same time. But i love it, I haven't played a challenging game in a while! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kick + Telekinesis + Cliff

DO I gotta say anything else ?

DestinP
09-05-2007, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VenomKing666:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DestinP:
I'm playing through the game on hardcore mode as wizard type. It's pretty difficult because orc warriors can pretty much 1 hit kill me if they get a running jump in, even if I try to keep range it's hard to dodge Archers at the same time. But i love it, I haven't played a challenging game in a while! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kick + Telekinesis + Cliff

DO I gotta say anything else ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fthat, it's too hard to get them in ragdoll with a kick usually. I did enjoy using freeze while standing on the edge of a cliff. Orcs would run at me and just slide off the cliff.

VenomKing666
09-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Kick Ragdoll Super Secret technique: Enemies usually turn to ragdoll when kicked over a fire, in spikes, or down some height. Only the third one is important, because in the other two, the enemy is already dead.

Throw Ragdoll Super Secret Technique: Throwing objects at enemies make them fall in ragdoll mode too !

P_C
09-06-2007, 12:32 PM
When they trip because of freeze you also have a short moment to grab them with telekineses

VenomKing666
09-06-2007, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P_C:
When they trip because of freeze you also have a short moment to grab them with telekineses </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally true, but this require the use of 2 spells http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif