PDA

View Full Version : How Do I use CamQ?

GODSOCKv2
02-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Hi Yall.

Before my newest update w/ my computer, I didn't have an IE394 cable thingy. Now, i have that and can plug in my digital camQ to my computer. But how do I record games this way? When I hit record, all I record is the blank wall the camera is facing...

How should i go about recording my playing onto my cam?

Thanks

GODSOCKv2
02-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Hi Yall.

Before my newest update w/ my computer, I didn't have an IE394 cable thingy. Now, i have that and can plug in my digital camQ to my computer. But how do I record games this way? When I hit record, all I record is the blank wall the camera is facing...

How should i go about recording my playing onto my cam?

Thanks

GODSOCKv2
02-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Just checking the line....no fish nibblin'

Come on people! I need your help!

GODSOCKv2
02-07-2004, 08:51 AM
It is now the next day....23+ people have viewed this post, BUT NO ONE HAS ANSWERED!!! Please help! I got the DV/IN. signal, but it won't record! Any reason why?

deepo_HP
02-07-2004, 12:54 PM
hi godsock,

your camera will only record binary data from editing software. means, whatever you have edited in dv-format, you can export on dv-tape (like you get it from your camera to edit the stuff before).
that way you won't record frames...

deepo of "homeoputes"
lapinot as no17 @ il2airracing.com

GODSOCKv2
02-07-2004, 05:06 PM
I'm not totally sure I understood that...

WB_Outlaw
02-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Godsock,
I don't know of any hardware/software combo that will output the video signal in realtime through the firewire port. When I use a camcorder to record for movies, I plug it into the S-Video out of my video card. I have a Radeon 9600 video card which is a dual head card so it will output to the monitor and the S-Video at the same time. Not all cards that have S-Video out are dual head which makes it a little more difficult to use b/c you have to put a TV in between so that you can see what you're doing (unless you can use the tiny display on the camcorder).

To expand on what deepo said, the firewire is used for capturing video from the camcorder into your computer and outputting video from video editing software to the camcorder.

-Outlaw.

GODSOCKv2
02-07-2004, 10:17 PM
Yes, I know. My father is the main man helping me with this, but apparently he said we only need the firewire. He's an engineer BTW, so he's really smart.
Anyway, i still agree with you fellas, because a friend of mine also said I might need a raedon like yours WB.