PDA

View Full Version : 25 Second Cooldown

PAPERROBOT
06-19-2011, 01:39 AM
OK so i was playing some team up Assassinate with a friend then got challenged to a 1v1 so i was like alright and i run at this guy get him down with mute went to a different spot and smoked he smokes me kills me i spawn about 10 later i spawn and he smokes me again and i flipped cuz it only been like 30 seconds and keeps doing it i ask how he did that and he said he had 25 second smoke cooldown. Does anyone now how to do this and yes i tried all the boost cooldowns and overall cooldowns the least i could get is 40 seconds

PAPERROBOT
HKP: Mia

***** PLZ

Stowdace
06-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Was he using those perks with RapidReload Smoke Bomb? Never used that combination before so wouldn't know.

obliviondoll
06-19-2011, 01:49 AM
RR Smoke + Boost Cooldowns + Overall Cooldowns = ???

(No really, I don't know. But it seems likely to work)

lynx_1985
06-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by PERROBOT:

OK so i was playing some team up Assassinate with a friend then got challenged to a 1v1 so i was like alright and i run at this guy get him down with mute went to a different spot and smoked he smokes me kills me i spawn about 10 later i spawn and he smokes me again and i flipped cuz it only been like 30 seconds and keeps doing it i ask how he did that and he said he had 25 second smoke cooldown. Does anyone now how to do this and yes i tried all the boost cooldowns and overall cooldowns the least i could get is 40 seconds

PAPERROBOT

***** PLZ

Originally posted by obliviondoll:

Yup I use this set-up all the time....the only 25 second cooldown I know of (using above) is RR Fire Crackers? Not sure but RR smoke is 40 and in manhunt you can have it back in like two seconds. Once you have died 3 times I think, everytime you die there after and spawn you get your abilities back, no matter what the cooldown time was before you died.

Grygier
06-19-2011, 03:06 AM
i smell bs...

obliviondoll
06-19-2011, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by lynx_1985:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

Yup I use this set-up all the time....the only 25 second cooldown I know of (using above) is RR Fire Crackers? Not sure but RR smoke is 40 and in manhunt you can have it back in like two seconds. Once you have died 3 times I think, everytime you die there after and spawn you get your abilities back, no matter what the cooldown time was before you died. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That means you have the Reset Cooldowns Loss Streak, not Boost Cooldowns...

Boost Cooldowns gives you 1/3 normal cooldown times while you're on your loss streak. So that's probably what he's using.

WoollyAndy
06-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Well paper, you said you only killed him once, but reset cooldowns is available after 3 deaths without you killing or contract losses, and boost cooldowns is after 5.
Doubt it its that then. Thing with smoke is that the cooldown begins right after you drop it (from 39s), its not like firecrackers that it would keep on blipping showing the duration for how long the effect of the ability lasts.

Usually when I use offensive smoke bomb, my cooldown is at about 30s after the kill without waiting for a focus or anything, and if I go for a focus, maybe an extra -5s, because the kill animation goes on for about 5-6 seconds.

lynx_1985
06-19-2011, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lynx_1985:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

Yup I use this set-up all the time....the only 25 second cooldown I know of (using above) is RR Fire Crackers? Not sure but RR smoke is 40 and in manhunt you can have it back in like two seconds. Once you have died 3 times I think, everytime you die there after and spawn you get your abilities back, no matter what the cooldown time was before you died. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That means you have the Reset Cooldowns Loss Streak, not Boost Cooldowns...

Boost Cooldowns gives you 1/3 normal cooldown times while you're on your loss streak. So that's probably what he's using. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

o yeah, im not awake today and they all have similar names!

Just Krispy
06-19-2011, 08:06 AM
We tested the loss streak and it takes so many seconds for the contract to come up and he would have to kill 5 NPC's for the loss sreak to kick in.

WoollyAndy
06-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Killing NPCs doesnt give you a contract loss in assassinate. If you've locked on a player, and that player gets killed by another player, thats a contract loss. Or you die 3/5 times in a row without killing to get your loss streak ability.

Citizen War
06-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by PAPERROBOT:

PAPERROBOT

***** PLZ

Your pals never told you the answer? Really?

Personally I dislike the answer and don't like to run that.

Why were you playing "team up" assassinate? (I thought that it was a one player mode... this is really common now, aye?)

(Hopefully Multiplayer designers for Revelations are paying attention to this thread to fix a multiplayer flaw or two)

TheBullWillWin
06-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Yeah I hear you CITIZEN WAR!!! Honestly u can't do too much on free for all. Ppl can team up if they want. I do it in GTA 3!! none the less this mode is cheap I played it 2 time and I got rapped!! I'll stick to kicking butt in manhunt. COME GET SOME PAPER!! I sorta miss u. I've known u for awhile but I just didn't care for the abbrasive attitude.

CarnivalBox
06-19-2011, 10:38 AM
While we're talking about cooldowns, the weirdest thing happened to me while I was playing earlier. This guy (not mentioning names) smoked me and then poisoned me. I didn't think much about it until I respawned maybe 10 seconds later, with him right in front of me. I tried to kill him, but he drops smoke and focus poison me! My jaw dropped five meters. Can anyone explain that?

MonsterJunkese
06-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by CarnivalBox:
While we're talking about cooldowns, the weirdest thing happened to me while I was playing earlier. This guy (not mentioning names) smoked me and then poisoned me. I didn't think much about it until I respawned maybe 10 seconds later, with him right in front of me. I tried to kill him, but he drops smoke and focus poison me! My jaw dropped five meters. Can anyone explain that? He could have killed you then locked onto someone else, but his new target got killed and he got his reset cooldowns?

Or boost cooldowns maybe..

ARIANit_
06-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Reset Cooldowns requires 3 contract loses. So, no.

obliviondoll
06-19-2011, 11:47 AM
You know you can kill the wrong person if you have a target and lose lock? Anyone tried giving NPCs Lures to see if that counts as a contract loss?

Eldest219
06-19-2011, 12:44 PM
I think you're exaggerating a tad bit.

Just Krispy
06-19-2011, 01:16 PM
The 1 v 1 match Paper is talking about was in Manhunt mode...before the 1 v 1 challenge, we were having a bit of fun with The Footpad in an Assassinate game. We were Beiber hunting camping on a roof top with deadly gun...

Just Krispy
06-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by PMSKrispy:
"Hey you crazy kids, get off my roof" Get killed by Eldest 5 times in a match by aerial.
Eldest LOLZ! When did I post that? I don't remember that!

obliviondoll
06-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by PMSKrispy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PMSKrispy:
"Hey you crazy kids, get off my roof" Get killed by Eldest 5 times in a match by aerial.
Eldest LOLZ! When did I post that? I don't remember that! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Source. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/5591060429?r=8661012429#8661012429)

MonsterJunkese
06-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by ARIANit_:
Reset Cooldowns requires 3 contract loses. So, no. Lose contract

Lose contract

Kill carn

Lose contract

That would work right?

obliviondoll
06-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by MonsterJunkese:
Lose contract

Lose contract

Kill carn

Lose contract

That would work right?
No.

Because making a kill resets your lost contract count.