PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell CT Vs Pandora tomorrow

SITHDUKE
10-02-2004, 09:04 PM
To start off what will hopefulyl get people posting again i've cooked up a question that gave me pause. Ok so here it is...

Shadows or Cloak?

In Chaos Theory we've seen Cloak and are assuming its like a thermal proof covert as mercs now get thermal visors. It all boiled down to me thinking what would i rather...Cloaking Deviced or hiding in shadows?

A few points here

Shadows work to newbies who don't know where to check. A good spot for a shadow once found to be a good spot is ruined because it's a place an experianced merc will check often.

A shadow grab on an experianced merc feels so exhilirating it's unbelivable really. The pure excitement of grabbing them stealthily and scream to your partner "Go Go i got him move it!" Can't be beaten.

I don't see sam using Cloaking devices so why are shadownet operatives using them. What are the advantages to Cloaking devices?

Well just that being cloaked so you can't be seen sorta of like a complete "Stealth mode" so you can't be seen on vision or sensors of any kind.

So what is it for you guys? You prefer shadows or will you be happy so see them gone for a cloaking device?

SITHDUKE
10-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Slim Says:

I think the cloaking device should (if it is in CT) work in conjunction with shadows so you can get a blend of both worlds, for example if you are cloaked and moving in the shadows you are completely invisable but if you step into the light while cloaked and moving you are not completely invisable. Also to to counter the experienced merc if you a standing/crouching still and cloaked you are completely invisable for a little while, so if you are hiding in the shadows and a merc scans the shadows with the torch and passes over you you stay invisable (if you a not moving). If on the ohter hand the light is shinned on you for more than a few second you become more visable.

Spekkio9
10-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Someone posted this in the CT forums. Not sure of its truth value, but I shall convey it:

1) the cloaking device ONLY works when you are NOT moving AND crouched and NOT using any gun.

2) The cloaking device canNOT be manually turned on and off at whim.

3) the cloaking device only lasts for a few seconds (don't know whether or not this is because it drains the battery from your gun).

4) The cloaking device can be disabled in the options/equipment menu.

Assuming those are true...well, it's not really so cheap after all. You'd have to sit somewhere and crouch for like 3 seconds for it to take effect, and even then you can't move. And then after a few seconds, it's time to get moving because it doesn't last infinitely long.

As for the shadows...I like them. It gives the game a nice touch. Even experienced mercs don't check all the shadows all the time, thus leading to those satiating neck snaps. I'm in a wait-and-see mentality with the cloaking device, but I don't want it to replace all the shadows in Pandora Tomorrow.

Xan-99
10-03-2004, 03:07 AM
if thats true spekkio then that camo thing is going to be annoying...no way to turn it off and it drain battery power.

SITHDUKE
10-03-2004, 04:44 AM
Yea but all the "useful" spots that a spy can jump out on you at dosen't work. Do you NOT check behind the boxes at 116? Do you NOT check behind the box between 202 & 205? Those are the types of places i'm referring to.

So the clock will activate if you're not moving and not holding a gun. Sounds like a hide and seek toy to me then. Its only use will be to maitain the advantage over a merc quickly going from A to B shining their torch everywhere. Bah what a shame :-/

So Xan Cloak or shadow?

Xan-99
10-03-2004, 04:55 AM
knife http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SITHDUKE
10-03-2004, 08:29 AM
May aswell say AK-47 gah! :P You topic killa

Xan-99
10-03-2004, 08:50 AM
forget the ak give me a gepard sniper rifle, ill kill the buggers before i enter the map

HarkoninVSC
10-03-2004, 08:56 AM
Nah I prefer the Dragunov.

eightpack
10-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Well, we should give it a shot.
I'm sure CT will be great and we'll all meet there again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Havoc0fisher
10-03-2004, 11:23 AM
well i hope if the merc goes and walks on a spy using cloak, like face to face it cant be on then, cuz if it its like that. The merc walks and suddenly he is walking infront an invisible wall.. and thinks maybe on a 300 ping server or something lol "uh..well lag"....i would be better if a merc touched the spy... the cloak is auto of or disabled for some sec whatever...

Havoc0fisher
10-03-2004, 11:31 AM
hehe me and eight pack replied same time exactly LOL

.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif he

Spekkio9
10-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Well, yea the cloak can't be toggled, but it can be shut off pre-game as an option -- at least according to that thread.

The other option might be, and I HOPE they do this if the other stuff is true, is that it drains a DIFFERENT battery than the gun. So you can stay cloaked for say 10 seconds but can still shoot when you're forced to move.

Oh, and yes the most "useful" spots do get checked all the time. That is why aggro > stealth against good players http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif. But there are occassions when one forgets, especially if an ND is being neutralized at the time or someone is chasing your partner.

pretend3r
10-04-2004, 08:43 AM
mercs should never get thermal. That would seriously mess up loads and loads of hiding places

Amn-23
10-04-2004, 09:12 AM
I think it will be rubbish if you dont decide when the cloaking goes on and off!!

plz let me decide!

HarkoninVSC
10-14-2004, 09:23 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif