PDA

View Full Version : What Weapons/Vehicles/Troop Forces would you like to see..

pettyofficerj
04-23-2007, 12:03 PM
..For this new title..

no one knows the genre, but give it a shot anyway..

I would like to see the m4/16, which was left out of Vegas..Even tho this game takes place in the future, I would like to use that oldie but goodie..

Maybe a good o'l M1 Garand to crack some reds with as well..

*ping!*

Ibanez_821
04-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Well basically, as far as the vehicles and troop forces go, I'd really like to see a lot of Black Hawk Down stuff...so some more Humvees and the Black Hawh choppers with rangers rappelling down...I haven't really seen that done in a game properly beforem men roping from a bird. Oh I really liked how GRAW2 contained the little bird..that was an awesome move. It's kind of awkward (but handy) how fast the airstrike comes after you called it in though, lol.

As far as the weapons go..ehm I kind of hated the guncam in GRAW...it makes the game so lame, haha, it's just too good. I hope that in this upcoming game they'll just stick to the weapons that are used in war currently.

HRDFX
04-24-2007, 09:52 PM
i would have to agree with the individual above, some more light infantry equipment, weapons, i would say u.s. weapons, the new 416 would be nice, and the barret rifle, M14s and M107, seems like it could be urban with massive field of operations. have some camo actually blend in with your surroundings.

vehicles. Bradleys, strykers, Air assualt assets, personel chopers, little birds. things like that would be great. but whos listening, they prolly got other things in mind as well. Humvees with some gunner positions would be awesome. Gunner hatch/turret...

MGSOLIDFOX
04-24-2007, 10:36 PM
imo for the time period it takes place in i would like to see the following:
WEAPONS- SCAR-L/SCAR-H (but this time in black not tan, with the option to customize you weapons,scopes,lasers,flashlights,supressors)
HK416/417
KAC M110 SSAS sniper rifle.
KRISS .45 sub gun
AA12 auto shot gun
the HK45 joint combat pistol.
over all the weapons from GRAW2 but as i said with the option to kit up your weapons they way the player wants.
they should also make the different scope/sights with real life reticle patters. the one thing i hated about GRAW2 all the scopes reticles look the same. and eotech reticle should look like the real life one. same with the AGOC. when i heard this game was online i was hoping the gameplay would be like GRAW2 meets battlefield 2/2142.

atacms2020
04-25-2007, 02:33 PM
OK, if you haven't gone to the website, you're missing the timeline.

This game takes place in the 2020's or so. So alot of the weapons that have been mentioned seem dated. No one has mentioned any weapons that are on the drawing board, plus I have the feeling that this will be an RTS. You can't control and have several armies with FPS.

So here are my suggestions based on homework in the area:

UCAV's: Comorant submarine launched UCAV
x-37 ucav

OCSW, OICW, Spike missile, Javelin, FCS equipped with electomagnetic rail gun
LOCAAS submunitions
Viper Strike
mortar team equipped with PGMM mortar, other rounds would be slightly inaccurate
exoskeletons of course!
UCAR - resurrected DARPA program for unmanned chopper for strike missions to accompany Apaches
Apache Block IV - with small ATL(advanced tac laser) used to shoot down RPG's. Check Boeing and google if you think there isn't work/research being done on this area
JLTV - replacement of Humvee

V-44 - quad tilt rotor, troops should be able to man miniguns in third person, if they're saying this is going to be different and ground breaking

DDX
LCS - General Dynamics trimaran version not Lockheed Martin's (their version is too conventional)

FALCON - hypersonic bomber

unmanned ground vehicles for transport and assault

I'll think of others, anyone wants more info, you can google it or let me know.

MGSOLIDFOX
04-25-2007, 05:24 PM
even though the wapons i listed are around now, dont forget weapons like the M16,M1911,M2.50cal,M14 etc that where introduced a long time ago. what makes you think in the 2020's soldiers wont still be useing a SCAR or HK45? im sure that in 1911 soldiers didnt thing 100 years later someone would be carring the same pistol into combat.

dustinin
04-25-2007, 06:29 PM
I want this game to take place in a city, with lots of civilians. I also want the ability to steal civilian cars, but when i shoot my gun everyone runs/drives away. Their should also be a mech warrior, that does not fit into the game but is an unlock at the end.

loois808
04-25-2007, 07:19 PM
I hope that in this upcoming game they'll just stick to the weapons that are used in war currently.
The thiing is that this is set in 2014, GRAW was set in the NEAR future, these technologies are already nearly in use. SO i wouldnt be expecting to be seeing any "current weapons"

hangtime8705
04-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Oh man, the future makes this game perfect, b/c Ubi can possibly make up some weapons. I mean, none of us know what war in the 2030s will be like or the weapons used. From the videos I saw, I don't think we'll see anything familiar. Of course if you look at how old the M-16 and M-14 are, I wouldn't be surprised to see the SCAR, M-4, or M-8 still being used. And damn, if they're still using the M-14 by then that would be nuts. But I think we'll definitely get a new weapon that ubi will think up.

CrazySunDog
04-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah, probably will be some new weapons. Dont forget that the site mentions the Russians pumping lots of money into militarization, so maybe this time around the good guys will be underequipped?

hangtime8705
04-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by CrazySunDog:
Yeah, probably will be some new weapons. Dont forget that the site mentions the Russians pumping lots of money into militarization, so maybe this time around the good guys will be underequipped?

I think this time we'll actually be having a hard time against the enemy. Like you said, the US could be underequipped. Its about time they give us a scenario that is hard. Besides, I'm a masochist when it comes to gaming. I don't want to win the first mission the first time around. I want to get pissed off, put the game down, and try it all over again. Who doesn't love a challenge.

SnoopFighter639
04-26-2007, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by dustinin:
Their should also be a mech warrior, that does not fit into the game but is an unlock at the end.

whoa, take your ridalin and slow down

capteenix
04-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by pettyofficerj:
..For this new title..

no one knows the genre, but give it a shot anyway..

I would like to see the m4/16, which was left out of Vegas..Even tho this game takes place in the future, I would like to use that oldie but goodie..

Maybe a good o'l M1 Garand to crack some reds with as well..

*ping!*

M16 will never be in this game.
If you still don't know, M16 and its design are Copyrighted Stuff. The reason Why Ubi pulled the M16 from all their games is because Colt Denied the use of M16, M4 guns. (It's their IP after all!)

atacms2020
04-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by MGSOLIDFOX:
even though the wapons i listed are around now, dont forget weapons like the M16,M1911,M2.50cal,M14 etc that where introduced a long time ago. what makes you think in the 2020's soldiers wont still be useing a SCAR or HK45? im sure that in 1911 soldiers didnt thing 100 years later someone would be carring the same pistol into combat.

That's true you do have a point. I am hoping however that the devs do their homework on all the weapons that DARPA is working on.

In addition to the SCAR, I'd push for the HK416 and the USAF developed PHASR, here's the link guys: http://www.strategypage.com/military_photos/20051130.aspx

atacms2020
04-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Oh and infantry weapons that can fire SCORPION,which stands for Self Correcting Projectile for Infantry Operation - a guided 40mm grenade.

This is different from the airbursting grenades that detonate at a certain distance. This can actually be guided like a mini-missile.

Think of the implications! Here's the link if you guys don't believe me:

http://gtresearchnews.gatech.edu/reshor/rh-ss06/scorpion.pdf

TheSniper9
04-26-2007, 04:53 PM
I just want my FN P-90 and i will be fine.

DaringSword
04-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Anything and Everything featured on "Future Weapons".
Note: that stuff has been declassified, just imagine the stuff we're not seeing, I'll bet there is something so unbelievably awesome out there no one has even dreamed about.

Oh, also, http://blog.wired.com/defense/
Mostly covers the future of weapons and technology. Must see: DIY Land Warrior (http://blog.wired.com/defense/2007/02/land_warrior_re.html)

pettyofficerj
04-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Colt needs to get off their high horse and get their weapons into ubi's games.

the line about the 1911 is interesting tho. That gun is old as hell, but people still use those. I wouldn't mind buying one and shooting it on a range.

On a side note, the nature of this game has changed and many people are going for RTS. As with other RTS games, you should be expecting to be able to control much more than just a few grunts or some stealth ninja-type. With this line of thinking, the weapons platforms we should be seeing will have more variety than ones seen in a standard FPS. Some of you already taken that approach and have added in mortars teams and the likes.

atacms2020
05-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Ok, this will be kind of lengthy, but some really cool info for a munition for these future tanks. It's called TERM for Tank Extended Range Munition. It would allow tanks to fire at extreme ranges and hit vehicles or bunkers that were not only far, but also NOT withing their line of sight. So picture a valley where you've got a few tanks that want to ambush US tanks, you've got some eyes on the ground and the tankers have got TERM. Result: counterambush from long range!!

The Army terminated the X-Rod Program in FY96 for affordability reasons. The Army was competing the X-Rod against its STAFF system with a downselection initially scheduled for FY 1998. For cost reasons the STAFF program was terminated in FY 98 with final close-out in FY00. The Tank Extended Range Munition (TERM) program was continued through congressional plus-ups. The program developed one of the TERM candidates.

The TERM was a 120mm tank ammunition development effort which would use a standard kinetic energy penetrator, a rocket motor and a dual mode semi-active laser/millimeter wave radar fire-and forget guidance. The TERM-KE provided greater hit probability at extended ranges, both line of sight and beyond line of sight, increasing kill probability and expanding the Maneuver Task Force Commander's battle space.

The TERM-KE was one of two concepts being evaluated in the generic TERM Science and Technology Objective (STO). The program was in the Concept Exploration phase. A unique system contracting strategy to prove out innovative component technologies was instituted at inception of the program. A modified Integrated Product Team is being used to leverage the expertise of both the Army and the contractor, Alliant Techsystems.

The Extended Range Munition [ERM] was a concept (endorsed by USAARMC) for extending the battle space beyond the current 3 to 4 KM max. line of sight range, by allowing engagements beyond line of sight to more than 8 KM. It exploits the ability of the Scout vehicle to acquire and designate targets; the Digitized Communication technologies to pass targeting information, in real time, to the maneuver commander or shooter, and smart munitions technologies to provide a munition capable of being fired from a 120MM tank gun at extended range non line of sight targets.

The XM1007 Tank Extended Range Munition (TERM), also known as the Tank Extended Range Munition-Kinetic Energy (TERM-KE), was a new 120 millimeter munition for the M1A2 Main Battle Tank, that would extend the maneuver commander's battlespace beyond line of sight (BLOS) to more than 8 kilometers. TERM exploits the capabilities of the Future Scout and Cavalary System vehicle to identify and illuminate BLOS targets to pass digitized targeting information, in real time, to the tanker. Using brilliant technologies TERM will enable the tanker to destroy high value moving targets at more than twice the current battlespace. TACOM-ARDEC was exploring multiple concepts to meet user performance requirements.

The ERM concept will provide the Armor Maneuver Force a major advance in combat capability. By being able to engage non-line of sight targets at extended range the Maneuver Commander can engage the enemy before the they can return fire. This program will take advantage of force XXI digital architecture to provide the Maneuver Commander with responsive organic fire which is not a fire support asset. It does this by integrating new technologies in sensors, communication and smart munitions into new Tactics, Techniques and Procedures.

Several missile and projectile based concepts have been proposed for this mission. They employ advanced Radio Frequency millimeter wave and or Infra-Red sensors linked through a guidance and control system to aerodynamic control surfaces and or thrusters to control the flight path of the munition. The system concept could use several different acquisition systems (Scout, UAV, Tanks) and guidance strategies to fire the long range engagements. The Scout could locate the target and pass the digital targeting data to the tank where the on-board computer and fire control system calculates the firing solution and whether there are any terrain features in the way. The gun would be automatically slewed to the correct position and any in flight trajectory maneuvers would be fed to the round through the data link during the fire pulse. After launch and any mid course maneuvers the munition would activate its seeker and scan for the target. Designation by the Scout would improve the return signal from the tank and keep the munition from going after false or dead targets.

In late 2001, as part of the FY 03-'07 Five Year Defense Program's Program Objective Memorandum [POM], the Army cancelled a total of 19 programs, including the Raytheon Tube-launched Optically-tracked Wireless Fire and Forget missile, the BAE Systems Advanced Tactical Infrared Countermeasures (ATIRCM), the General Dynamics Hydra rocket, the United Defense, L.P. M113 armored personnel carrier recapitalization, and the Tank Extended-Range Munition (TERM)

here are some pictures:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/term.htm

atacms2020
05-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Since we're talking about the future and cutting edge weaponry, I'd like to see something that DARPA is working on called CCLR which stands for Close Combat Lethal Recon. Basically it's a 1 man portable munition that can be launched by a solider much like the Marines launch their mini-drone Dragon Eye, except after spotting enemy units, this munition can take them out.

From DARPA's website:
CCLR will provide an individual warfighter the ability to engage hidden, non-line-of-sight (NLOS) targets at extended ranges in complex urban environments. This will be accomplished with a compact, hand-launchable cruise munition. The munition is command guided to the target using an intuitive warfighter interface underpinned by automatic guidance and controls technology. High-bandwidth communications with the user is achieved through a secure optical fiber link.

Vision:
CCLR will be a hand-held, tube-launched, command-guided, loitering cruise munition, that will provide the warfighter unprecedented ability of non-line-of-sight target prosecution in urban environments. CCLR will extend the range of engagement of a dismounted warfighter from line-of-sight. This expanded engagement zone will reach over and around buildings, onto rooftops, and into open building portals.

Check out the link it even has a video of it in action, although it's just a concept.
http://dtsn.darpa.mil/ixo/programs.asp?id=10

unknwnsoldi3r57
05-04-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by dustinin:
I want this game to take place in a city, with lots of civilians. I also want the ability to steal civilian cars, but when i shoot my gun everyone runs/drives away. Their should also be a mech warrior, that does not fit into the game but is an unlock at the end.

uhhhhh.....WTF?! ITS TOM CLANCY NOT GRAND THEFT AUTO

abcparkour
05-05-2007, 07:17 AM
I like the knife in spda good old close combat!!

Adzi1986
05-05-2007, 01:09 PM
I would love to see a decent sniper. So many games have snipers that are 3-round kills which annoys me to the extreme. A decent sniper with a 1-shot kill (to the head), 2-Shot to the torso, would be a real treat.

Vehicles, good old hummers and some nice jets.

atacms2020
05-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by unknwnsoldi3r57:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dustinin:

I agree no car stealing, although I think he raises a good point about civilians. Too many games have empty battlefields with no civilians. War isn't like that, even in WW2 in bombed out cities there were civlians. I think it increases the realism in a game plus you could create some missions around them.

uhhhhh.....WTF?! ITS TOM CLANCY NOT GRAND THEFT AUTO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PFCWarsaw
05-15-2007, 08:38 PM
whatever rifle the US will be using in this game, I can guarentee it that if this was a realistic-ish game, the rifle would be completely different than anything we have today. The closest thing I can think of would be the FN SCAR, or the HK416. Those are used by SOCOM today, so maybe updated versions would be passed to the infantry. As for Russia, what would the Red Army be without the AK47? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PFCWarsaw
05-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by hangtime8705:
Oh man, the future makes this game perfect, b/c Ubi can possibly make up some weapons. I mean, none of us know what war in the 2030s will be like or the weapons used. From the videos I saw, I don't think we'll see anything familiar. Of course if you look at how old the M-16 and M-14 are, I wouldn't be surprised to see the SCAR, M-4, or M-8 still being used. And damn, if they're still using the M-14 by then that would be nuts. But I think we'll definitely get a new weapon that ubi will think up.

I thought i would let u know, the M8 contract with the US Army was put on hold, and then cancelled completely in October, 2005. While I hope that we will see the HK416 or, even better, the SCAR in this game, srangely enough, most of the screens have troops running with the M8. Its not worth our money now, why would it be in 20 years?

PrinceCaspian5
05-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by atacms:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unknwnsoldi3r57:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dustinin:

I agree no car stealing, although I think he raises a good point about civilians. Too many games have empty battlefields with no civilians. War isn't like that, even in WW2 in bombed out cities there were civlians. I think it increases the realism in a game plus you could create some missions around them.

uhhhhh.....WTF?! ITS TOM CLANCY NOT GRAND THEFT AUTO </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think there should be civilians, it would just get in the way, also I would hope that they would evac them if a battle was coming, I just can't see a government letting them stay, also, they wouldn't be running around the streets, they would probably be hiding in their basement, so you wouldn't probably see them while a battle is raging anyway.
And, your right, stealing their cars is ridiculous

PFCWarsaw
05-16-2007, 06:21 AM
yeah no car stealing, but there should be civilians that maybe u coem across hiding, or dead, or whatever, but there should be signs that there used to be civilians, like cars filling the streets etc. AND NO XM8!

PrinceCaspian5
05-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by PFCWarsaw:
yeah no car stealing, but there should be civilians that maybe u coem across hiding, or dead, or whatever, but there should be signs that there used to be civilians, like cars filling the streets etc. AND NO XM8!
I think there are abandoned civilian cars in the cities, I think there was a picture of some troops hiding behind a burned out civilian car in the EGM article.

atacms2020
05-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by PrinceCaspian5:

I don't think there should be civilians, it would just get in the way, also I would hope that they would evac them if a battle was coming, I just can't see a government letting them stay, also, they wouldn't be running around the streets, they would probably be hiding in their basement, so you wouldn't probably see them while a battle is raging anyway.
And, your right, stealing their cars is ridiculous

Civilians even in horrific battlegrounds found in WW2 were still around. Even with the firebombing in Dresden or Tokyo, there were only so many who could leave. I think it adds to the chaos and confusion of war.

War isn't a clean antiseptic sandbox, so it's not just a matter of having destroyed buildings, fires and smoke, but NPC's too.

You could even create missions to save certain towns that were in danger of being overrun. Why not?

PrinceCaspian5
05-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by atacms:

Civilians even in horrific battlegrounds found in WW2 were still around. Even with the firebombing in Dresden or Tokyo, there were only so many who could leave. I think it adds to the chaos and confusion of war.

War isn't a clean antiseptic sandbox, so it's not just a matter of having destroyed buildings, fires and smoke, but NPC's too.

You could even create missions to save certain towns that were in danger of being overrun. Why not?
This isn't a FPS, you won't have to worry about shooting them, it probably wont' allow you to make your men shoot civilians, so they would just be eye candy, also, I know that there might be civilians in the city, but as I said they probably won't be running around on the streets as bullets are flying, they would be hiding out of sight, also, this isn't the 1940's, they would try to get the civilians out of the way, the military doesn't want to kill civilians like they did in WWII.
But my biggest point is that the civilians would be hiding out of sight. If you watch WWII footage, there don't seem to be many civilians running around while there is fighting, even in Stalingrad where Stalin ordered that the city not be evacuated (he thought that having civilians there would better motivate the troops), with it not evacuated there were many civilians in the city but they would probably try to stay away from the fighting.

Also, what does saving a town have to do with there being civilians in the game, I would expect something like that to be in the game anyway, if the objective was to hold off the enemy until the civilians were evacuated, then I would understand the connection to there being civilians.

atacms2020
05-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by PrinceCaspian5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by atacms:

This isn't a FPS, you won't have to worry about shooting them, it probably wont' allow you to make your men shoot civilians, so they would just be eye candy, also, I know that there might be civilians in the city, but as I said they probably won't be running around on the streets as bullets are flying, they would be hiding out of sight, also, this isn't the 1940's, they would try to get the civilians out of the way, the military doesn't want to kill civilians like they did in WWII.
But my biggest point is that the civilians would be hiding out of sight. If you watch WWII footage, there don't seem to be many civilians running around while there is fighting, even in Stalingrad where Stalin ordered that the city not be evacuated (he thought that having civilians there would better motivate the troops), with it not evacuated there were many civilians in the city but they would probably try to stay away from the fighting.

Also, what does saving a town have to do with there being civilians in the game, I would expect something like that to be in the game anyway, if the objective was to hold off the enemy until the civilians were evacuated, then I would understand the connection to there being civilians. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I didn't explain myself well, what I'm saying is that you could create missions where it looks like a city is about to be overrun or a civic building is about to be taken and your job is to defend it while civlians are evacuated to safer zones.

I agree with you that today's military(US) will do its best to reduce collateral damage and to a lesser extent the Russians are also a bit effected, but not to the same degree. So as a strategy, you can choose different paths to help civilians from being attacked and thus get a immersive environment where your actions reflect the struggle that the different factions have over the world's populations. This is a fight amongst the 3 powers, and military power is but one part. Yes, it's the most exciting, but like I said maybe there's some dynamic that can be used, just my 2 cents. Anyway I'm definitely getting off topic.

I would like to see true exoskeletons. It looks like from the screenshots that the soldiers are wearing some kind of augmented load bearing equipment, but it doesn't look like it gives them full protection and mobility like some projects that the Army is working on.

Check out this link: http://www.defense-update.com/images/ffw-exoskelton.jpg

PrinceCaspian5
05-22-2007, 05:08 PM
I would like to see recon planes, or maybe drones

I would also like camo to have an effect on what you can see, maybe have it so that you need to get closer to be able to see a camouflaged unit, or have it so that if you put up camo netting above something enemy units can't see it until they get close, and aircraft can't see it at all (the trade off could be that it takes time to set up and take down the camo netting)

I would also like to have the ability to make my units dig in and set up good defensive positions, I don't want them to just stand up on a hilltop while under attack, I would like them to set up defensive positions, maybe (if we have logistics in this game) we could get a supply truck to bring in sandbags for he men to sit behind, you could have it so that the more time they are given to dig in the better entrenched they are,

atacms2020
05-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Looks like drones might be in at least from the trailer I saw with the Russians launching some to shoot down the Comanches and Osprey.

The idea of fortifying depending on how long you're there is used in World in Conflict, first develops a sandbagged fortification with a machinegun, then antitank units and finally anti aircraft.