PDA

View Full Version : Potential New Game Mode (Capture the Flag)

BacAwhO
11-20-2010, 01:34 PM
I have been playing AC brotherhood since it came out and have been loving it. So far though I have seen a need for more game modes so it doesn't become stale. I was thinking about this, and I know its cliche, but capture the flag would work out well in this game. Let me explain.
At the start of the map you would have two teams of four both after the other teams flag which is carried by one team member. The object of the game is to kill there flag holder, loot there body and get back to your flag holder while blended or hidden. This both adds the challenge of being discreet and stops runners from rushing you and running back to there flag. The flag stealer has to be hidden in a crowd or hiding spot with there teams flag holder to score points. Adding a much needed balance to team work and team talk.
The challenge lies in you have to watch the area cause even if you kill the flag holder it still takes time to loot the body, giving other players time to rush rescue and recover the flag for themselves.
For this mode to work there would only be one target, which is the flag holder. The other players who make themselves known can only be stunned by other non flag carrying players like in alliance when you smoke bomb your hunter. stunning a target though also marks you as a player to there team so discreet is still the game. You can only stun when you have seen them stand out of the crowd you cant stun unless discreet and blending in has broken.
I figure they could still do a point system on this game mode making it so if you get back to your flag with better kills and more discreet, you would get more points.
I figure for this to work you would need to be able to switch targets showing you the locations of both flags as you would in manhunt.
It would make for a hard but fun map where you have to really pay attention to all your surrounding while trying to protect and steal a flag to get the most points possible.
Honestly it sounds like it could be a fun game mode to toy with. Anyone else have a though?

harryslik
11-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah I though a capture the flag would be fun, but my thought was completely different, I was going with the boundaries thought were if you crossed the boundary you could be assassinated by the other team. But your ideas cool also, but ctf would be fun for sure.

Cronstintein
11-20-2010, 11:25 PM
heh I was thinking free reign killing. A flag for each team and once you grab it you're highlighted (kind of like templar sight currently does but colored). EDIT: I guess flag carrier wouldn't be able to kill others.

And you need to bring it back to your flag base with flag inside.

Your compass would point at the enemy flag, switching to the enemy flag carrier if your flag is lifted.

BacAwhO
11-20-2010, 11:58 PM
I thought about the base area but ultimately decided it wouldn't work. A good team would either find a way to rush it or block you out of it. when when you got to the border making it really hard to enter there area or leave yours. Also a free run with flags would be hard and would end with a lot of people running around. This would make it hard to get discreet kills since there always rushing the flag.

jamom1
11-21-2010, 03:09 AM
sounds awesome, but where searching for just 1 flag pre opposing could work well what if every team member carried a flag and the winning side would be the team which collects all the flags in the alotted time, then again its only a thought.