PDA

View Full Version : problem with saved games - anyone ?

figuerres
12-02-2006, 06:26 PM
I start the game after a break and I get an error about no storage device / no valid saved games !!!!!!!!!!!

OS win XP Media Center 2005

anyone know about this?
I did download the update and installed it.

figuerres
12-02-2006, 06:26 PM
I start the game after a break and I get an error about no storage device / no valid saved games !!!!!!!!!!!

OS win XP Media Center 2005

anyone know about this?
I did download the update and installed it.

Mr_Coolio
12-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Yeah alot of people are having problems like this. For me, saved games randomly disappear so ive had to start the game over like 3 times.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

----------------------------
MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/mrcool0760)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/mrgeorgedude/newsig.jpg

lex727
12-03-2006, 09:10 AM
Confermed here to. The best thing is to make a quick save after every time an autosave comes on or you (just me?!) wont be able to load the saved games from before.

goliathvt
12-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Checkpoints are really buggy. I almost never use them, as doing so sometimes wipes out your objectives progress mid-level. As Unexpected suggests, just make your own save after you reach a checkpoint... and I would recommend making it a normal save instead of a quicksave since the game is so prone to crashing, which often wipes out your quicksaves. Also, it seems that most of the time only the most current quicksave will function, even when many more are listed in the load menu.

The way I handled my saves for the recording of my Full Stealth vids was to move the save files into folders I created manually. I split them up by mission, and made sure to copy the profile.dat with them (as you'll often get weird crashing problems with a profile.dat that doesn't match when you created the saves.

This helped keep things organized so that I didn't have to wade through tons of savegames, but only had to deal with each level's saves. Oh, and you can (assuming your game doesn't crash when you ALT-TAB) copy savegames into the profile directory while the game is running and it'll pick them up and show them in the menu... handy for the times I was looking for a savegame that matched a timecode in the video I was recording. I doubt you'll need to use that feature for just gaming though. =)

- GoliathVT

Travelller
12-04-2006, 05:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Unexpected2004:
best thing is to make a quick save </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've even had problems with the quicksaves & recommend doing a standard SAVE after every milestone (particularly the exciting ones, like those ultra-fun mini-games - mine-building, binary-cube-coding, etc. ...).