PDA

View Full Version : The Black Room

Assassin_M
06-04-2011, 09:34 AM
This deserves a thread of its own, I think it`ll be some sort of a tour in desmond`s mind and the tour guide will be subject 16, Remembering the Past and giving desmond insight on his future, and I believe that 16 will be the reason desmond wakes up from the coma,"Im with you till the end"

ChaosxNetwork
06-04-2011, 10:25 AM
I think it will be a sort of platforming puzzle solving experience. Where you go to different locations (Rooms?) and inside there will be different puzzle, sort of like the glyphs and rifts but not always.
So slowly and surly (Room by room?) you start to become more part-mentalised.
Thats my thoughts on it at the moment.

AMuppetMatt
06-04-2011, 10:33 AM
I've always had the impression it will be portal esq with various bits of free running within massive puzzle rooms. Bits of thinking with (for example) code breaking breaking up the free running sequences. Do yeah, a bit like Portal in a Virtual Training style format (without the timers etc) that hold past bits of Desmond's life. I'm expecting lots of fragments flying around on random bits of blocks.

Whatever it is it should be fun

Captain Tomatoz
06-04-2011, 10:34 AM
I think that it will be a puzzle like the time trials from brotherhood and once you've got to the end, desmond reaches a memory in his life and you view it (or maybe control desmond during it) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RzaRecta357
06-04-2011, 10:56 AM
It's fairly obvious from the screenshots and the things people have written that we'll be going through memories and geometric shapes will be moving in and out of place for us to try and catch and not fall to death.

AMuppetMatt
06-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
It's fairly obvious from the screenshots and the things people have written that we'll be going through memories and geometric shapes will be moving in and out of place for us to try and catch and not fall to death.

There have been screenshots of the Black Room?!

Captain Tomatoz
06-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

There have been screenshots of the Black Room?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just the one
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110527172627/assassinscreed/images/thumb/5/5d/Black_Room.jpg/773px-Black_Room.jpg (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/index.php?title=Black_Room&image=Black_Room-jpg)

ShaneO7K
06-04-2011, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

There have been screenshots of the Black Room?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> One from the GI article but i'm pretty sure it's just a concept art so it could have changed.

AMuppetMatt
06-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks very much for posting this guys.

Definitely looks like a fun environment and concept if this holds true to what's going to appear in game

Moultonborough
06-06-2011, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Tony6593:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:

just the one
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110527172627/assassinscreed/images/thumb/5/5d/Black_Room.jpg/773px-Black_Room.jpg (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/index.php?title=Black_Room&image=Black_Room-jpg) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are the buildings in the background? It seems a little odd for the "Black Room" to have a town or city within it. Any ideas?

roostersrule2
06-06-2011, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony6593:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AMuppetMatt:
What if desmonds looking into his memory in that screenshot the place with buildings could be the farm

just the one
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110527172627/assassinscreed/images/thumb/5/5d/Black_Room.jpg/773px-Black_Room.jpg (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/index.php?title=Black_Room&image=Black_Room-jpg) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are the buildings in the background? It seems a little odd for the "Black Room" to have a town or city within it. Any ideas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SevketErhat
06-06-2011, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by roostersrule2:
What are the buildings in the background? It seems a little odd for the "Black Room" to have a town or city within it. Any ideas?

That is view of Istanbul from Bosphorus

Noble6
06-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:

I think Black room is like out of the map kind of place. I mean its Animus glitch or something. What do you think Desmond has to do in black room. Just climb like in the end of ACBs truth?

Assassinsyk
06-06-2011, 07:08 AM
I've always had the impression it will be portal esq with various bits of free running within massive puzzle rooms. Bits of thinking with (for example) code breaking breaking up the free running sequences. Do yeah, a bit like Portal in a Virtual Training style format (without the timers etc) that hold past bits of Desmond's life. I'm expecting lots of fragments flying around on random bits of blocks.

Whatever it is it should be fun

This sounds cool. Also, thinking that if Desmond becomes self aware (realizes hes in a coma), if he can go Matrix and realize there is no gravity and be able to freerun wherever? Would be a new kind of awesome.

Im visioning some kind of training-simulator from ACB where you need some fast freerunning skills along with some thinking, like pressing the correct switch and running to a door before it closes. Just cooler.

sackboy411
06-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Is anyone else reminded of the weird maps from Mirrors Edge? Just a bit less... colourful

roostersrule2
06-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Maybe those buildings are the farm and desmonds looking into memory