PDA

View Full Version : PS3 users, please try this. **POSSIBLE FREEZING FIX**

Shaner_Bock
11-21-2007, 09:30 AM
I posted a couple things in the official bugs/glitches forum but I'm not sure if anyone tried it out. I'm just trying to help!!!
With the settings I'm running I've had absolutely no problems! Now I'm not saying that my fix will work for everyone, but at least give it a shot. Hopefully the 2.01 update will also make things run better for people having problems.
Here's my original posts:

Originally posted by Shaner_Bock:
I am currently running AC on my PS3, here's my set-up:

-20g PS3 connected to HDTV via HDMI cable
-PS3 video output is at 720p (I've turned off 1080i in the video settings)
-2.00 firmware (I have the information bar turned off)
-Logged into PSN via cable modem (even while playing games)

So far I've played about 15 hours, gone through 4 assassination missions and have had absolutely no problems whatsoever(knocks on wood).

I just changed my PS3 display settings to 1080i and turned on the information bar, and what do you know, the game froze up on me. <span class="ev_code_RED">One thing I did notice is that when I hit the display button on my TV remote to show me what resolution the TV is outputting it says 720p, but the game supposedly runs at 1080i also. This is the first time I've seen a 1080p or 1080i movie or game on my PS3 downscaled to 720p(what's up with that?).</span>
Anyways, I changed the settings back to what I had previously posted and I am back to having no problems with the game.

stuburns
11-21-2007, 09:37 AM
The game is being upscaled to 1080, 720 is the max rendering resolution on the PS3 version.

katz_bg
11-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Well I'm on 576i (Standard PAL) and I see the screen tearing in the room with the animus while it's turned off.
Haven't had a freeze yet, but then again i've played for less than an hour and had to leave for school (university actually, but I don't know the most proper english phrase for that one)

lickspittle
11-21-2007, 09:52 AM
I got the odd freeze 2 or 3 times since the game was released but the tearing is hellish. Literally every time you move altair, especially when the background is bright or white in colour.

only other game i ever played with so much tearing was heavenley sword.

Shaner_Bock
11-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by stuburns:
The game is being upscaled to 1080, 720 is the max rendering resolution on the PS3 version.

Even so, it should still register on my TV(My TV supports 1080i) as 1080i as all my other games that are upscaled do. And, yes I've checked this before just out of curiosity, all my PS1/PS2 games and DVD movies show 1080i on my TV when upscaled. Also, the packaging for AC itself says the game supports 1080i.

The reason why I had turned off 1080i in the display menu was just personal preference, but when I turned it back on(along with the info bar) to see if it would have any adverse affects on the game I immediately had the game freeze several times.

Since changing the display settings on my PS3 back to 720p and turning off 1080i(and the info bar) I've played about 10 or so more hours with no problems at all.

Now, by no means am I saying I know everything about upscaling/downscaling and that this will work for everybody, I'm just saying it works for me and I just want to help others in any way I can.

Shaner_Bock
11-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Ha Ha! Never mind! The game froze up on me three times yesterday. I think it's an HDD issue.

Lancedoggie
12-31-2007, 05:15 PM
How do you turn off the information bar everyone speeks about ?

nick130087
03-14-2012, 06:07 PM
My game does not have an information bar. Does it go by another name perhaps?

Mr_Shade
03-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Please do not bump 5 year old threads.