PDA

View Full Version : Lost what made it special.

fataiity
06-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi there folks, I just wanted to share something with the dev. team of Ghost Recon future soldier. Hopefully they will read this.

When I watched the live action video and later the demo of Future Soldier I was considering it a "must buy" because it fit a nitch not filled by any other game. I'm both a Call of Duty and Bad Company / Battlefield (PC) player and I viewed Future Soldier as a hybrid realistic / future warfare game. The technology from the early game was futuristic but not totally out there' a-la HALO games.

With the demo from E3 2011 the game now fits in the same category as CoD / BF (except for the cloaking). I actually liked the fact that the previous version of the game took a chance and showed a 'vision' of future warfare. In the demo I can see a Remmington ACR with a duel scope set-up ( EO TECH Red Dot + 2x optical scope) (see CoD MW3 for same thing on a M4). Squad mates in the same video are carrying a KRISS Super-V .45 Sub-machine gun. (also seen in MW2 and MW3).

Because of this design decision I have no more interest in Future Soldier, as it has lost what made it stand out.

Classified 0ps
06-14-2011, 06:54 PM
dude it is a near futture game k. and plus they said it wasnt too far. also it takes a while to get a gun accetpted by the millarty. ok they are just trying to make it athentic

MeanMF
06-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by fataiity:
When I watched the live action video and later the demo of Future Soldier I was considering it a "must buy" because it fit a nitch not filled by any other game.
Try the Killzone series. It's basically the same thing as last year's version of GRFS.

Classified 0ps
06-14-2011, 08:22 PM
+ dude this is a TPS( third person shooter)
not a FPS(first person shooter) like mw2, mw3 ,bfbc2, and bf3.

GEEZUS stop hatin

Mentalnova
06-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by MeanMF:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fataiity:
When I watched the live action video and later the demo of Future Soldier I was considering it a "must buy" because it fit a nitch not filled by any other game.
Try the Killzone series. It's basically the same thing as last year's version of GRFS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not even close.

kalenath
06-15-2011, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Classified_0ps:
+ dude this is a TPS( third person shooter)
not a FPS(first person shooter) like mw2, mw3 ,bfbc2, and bf3.

GEEZUS stop hatin

Yes, it is a TPS, with all the WONDERFUL features of a FPS.

Regenerating health, linear choices of paths, no control over squad (Unlike you know... GHOST RECON...), chest high cover everywhere...

Oh and RUN AND ****ING GUN!

Stealth is provided by inviso suits so you don't have to worry about sneaking. If you take damage, just hide for a moment to regen your health, so no worries there. Why plan you attack when you can just run in guns blazing? Even helicopters shooting you can't do any damage, so where is the challenge?

Need I say more? It is NOT Ghost Recon in anything but name anymore. Ubi can put the name on anything they want and SOMEONE will likely buy it just on account of the name.

Was it just me or did that animation thing of what a game would have been 25 years ago at the beginning of the Ubi press conference look better than some of the actual demo?