PDA

View Full Version : Enemy wont die glitches

beema
01-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Dunno if this matters, but I'm running the 1.33 patch.
Anyways, I've noticed a couple times that "Fat Boys" glitch-up. The first time it happened was in the Catacombs level. I would "kill" one, but he would be stuck in the walking animation, then would almost fade to a black silouette. Then a few seconds later, the same Fat Boy would come trudging up from some unseen spawn location and start attacking me. It happened like 5 times successivley until I decided to just run through the level and ignore them.
I'm playing through the game again, and it happened I *think* in the Control level.
Then in the Archives level, where Crow is supposed to escape in the chopper, the chopper just sits on the ground and cannot be destroyed, and then when you enter the archives, the chopper appears again in mid-air, explodes, and Crow falls out of it and proceeds to walk around aimlessly. He obviously also cannot be killed. I have a couple funny screenshots of this.

Anyone else experienced these glitches?

beema
01-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Dunno if this matters, but I'm running the 1.33 patch.
Anyways, I've noticed a couple times that "Fat Boys" glitch-up. The first time it happened was in the Catacombs level. I would "kill" one, but he would be stuck in the walking animation, then would almost fade to a black silouette. Then a few seconds later, the same Fat Boy would come trudging up from some unseen spawn location and start attacking me. It happened like 5 times successivley until I decided to just run through the level and ignore them.
I'm playing through the game again, and it happened I *think* in the Control level.
Then in the Archives level, where Crow is supposed to escape in the chopper, the chopper just sits on the ground and cannot be destroyed, and then when you enter the archives, the chopper appears again in mid-air, explodes, and Crow falls out of it and proceeds to walk around aimlessly. He obviously also cannot be killed. I have a couple funny screenshots of this.

Anyone else experienced these glitches?

ElijahAlbert
01-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Yes I have experienced these on different levels but mostly on Catacombs and Archives.

I think they are usually triggered by you playing through a level in a sequence that is different from what is intended.

What I've seen (and it's usually with trigen, the rocket/Fatboy or soldier types), is that the trigen takes hits, then has a weird animation where it looks like it's spinning around on a stick, then I think it usually disappears and regerates from somewhere.

In Archives it happens at the final fight at the bridge, at the very end of the level. What's supposed to happen is you come down the hallway, and as you see mercs and start fighting them (I think visualizing the mercs outside starts the fight), Crow and his pilot are on the ground but they run to the chopper and take off.

But I think you are intended to keep advancing and fighting and witness the animation of Crow running to the chopper.

What I did to screw this up was to creep out, snipe one merc to start the sequence, and quickly run back to the end of my hallway, to snipe mercs as they advanced on my position.

This resulted in Crow and being stuck in the chopper which was stuck on the ground. But both the chopper and Crow were indestructible, and if you passed anywhere in machine gun range Crow would kill you. I think somehow the pilot merc either didn't spawn right or was killed somehow (maybe he was "recruited" into coming after me in the building).

I just experienced this at the end of Rebellion, at the big fight on the bridge at the very end of the level... thought I'd killed everything but there was still an icon on my radar, kind of hazed out though. I didn't see anyone, but finally looked down into the ravine the bridge crosses, and a fatboy was down at the bottom. He didn't attack me, but couldn't be killed either, in the manner described above.

beema
01-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I just remembered that same thing happened at the end of the Rebellion level like you said too.

CptLong
01-11-2006, 04:19 PM
The animation you are seeing is the default animation for a moving AI. If you open up Sandbox, you'll see the AI in that constant animation. And, yes, its mostly caused by an out of sequence play. The AI are supposed to fight each, and be finished when you enter the battle. If, for instance , you snipe them from afar, they will die yet animate, or they will recycle their intended sequence, as if re-spawned. The scripted battle has to play out, and you trigger "tiggers" as you approach in normal game play.

PrototypeJC
01-30-2006, 07:56 AM
The only glitch I've found so far in the game is in the Archives level. After the bridge when you enter the storage facility and you shoot the rope attached to the hanging box to break grates int he flooring that give acces to the vents. After you crawl through the vents and find the poor old dead scientist, hop on to the tank near the opening of the fence, and crawl under the fence while on top of the tank. When you get to the other side, walk through the doorway through the pure black door. You'll end up falling endlessly through water. It was quite fun until I realized I had to do everything over.

CptLong
01-30-2006, 02:52 PM
There are a few places in these maps where that happens. Its not a glitch, just the end (edge) of the map. You aren't supposed to be there, so there is no floor. When you open up the editor to make a map, you start with ocean, no land. Go to the edge of the map, and you fall for ever. It did it in the editor, when I first started, and it took forever to find where I had been!

PrototypeJC
01-31-2006, 08:43 AM
Oh yeah...I know it's the end of a map. But don't you think it would be inquisitive to put a locked door there? Cause obviously you CAN get to them. I just thought it was fun.:-)

CptLong
01-31-2006, 02:52 PM
As a mapper of many maps, I can understand why it happens. You try to think of every concievable way to approach a map, but someone will always find a back door, or an approach you didn't consider. There are holes also in River and Regulator that I've fallen through.