PDA

View Full Version : Unable to save graphics settings

tranquillum
02-14-2007, 10:51 AM
I know i this have been mentioned before but as far as i have been able to see there have not been mentioned any fixes yet.

Let me just for the sake of being proper sum up what my problem is.

No matter what i do the graphics settings revert back to the next gen setting, which frankly annoys the **** out of me AND makes the game unplayable. I can run multiplayer just fine, which is a plus... i guess, but I would REALLY like to be able to play the game i've bought.

FURTHERMORE for some reason if i start the game with my firewall on (sygate personal firewall) the intro just keeps looping and looping playing extremely choppy.

I'm trying to run the game now with manually edited config in the ini file, but since i cannot figure out where the default settings are stored i don't see much of a hope for this solution to work.

I am frankly very disappointed with the game right now, and would really appreciate some help on these problems.

tranquillum
02-14-2007, 10:51 AM
I know i this have been mentioned before but as far as i have been able to see there have not been mentioned any fixes yet.

Let me just for the sake of being proper sum up what my problem is.

No matter what i do the graphics settings revert back to the next gen setting, which frankly annoys the **** out of me AND makes the game unplayable. I can run multiplayer just fine, which is a plus... i guess, but I would REALLY like to be able to play the game i've bought.

FURTHERMORE for some reason if i start the game with my firewall on (sygate personal firewall) the intro just keeps looping and looping playing extremely choppy.

I'm trying to run the game now with manually edited config in the ini file, but since i cannot figure out where the default settings are stored i don't see much of a hope for this solution to work.

I am frankly very disappointed with the game right now, and would really appreciate some help on these problems.

Ashrak1978
02-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Either make an exception for double agent in your firewall or turn the firewall off to play. For some reason the Single player game needs network access to start.

tranquillum
02-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Actually it still messes up after you allow the executable full internet access, but this is a minor problem since you can just disable the firewall during the process of starting up the game.

I STILL have not been able to configure the game to a reasonable detail level. I have changed the resolution manually in the config files, but i cannot seem to make any changes to performance settings.

kainotomos
02-27-2007, 03:07 AM
hi guyz...i had the same problem...i solve this yesterday night...it took me one day to find out ...my pc is intel core 2 6400 2.13, motherboard ASUS P5B-E PLUS RETAIL (CORE 2, PCI-E, DUAL DDR-2, S-ATA2, RAID, G-LAN, FIREWIRE, AUDIO-8) and my card is sapphire ati radeon pci-e x1650 pro 512mb...i have 2 western digital 250gb x 2 in raid 0...i thought that was my problem but it wasn't...my prob was that i had to install the direct x 9c from the game disc...i had direct x 9c in my pc but i reinstall direct x 9c from the disc...it updates some new files and that's it...i begin yesterday night to play this game...i did nothing about put the -|| and some other tricks...i think that the prob for the most guyz is tha the game has high requirments and all these tricks about -|| and the others are not the solution of the prob...i want to say something about dispaly now...the game is only playing in 1024x768 and nothing more...i have LG 19'' L194WT-SF WIDE SILVER 1440 x 900 resolution and when i tryied to change the 1024x768 the game didn't run for me...i have now a question for multiplayer...i can play single player but i can't play multiplayer...that's not important for me but i am looking forward to solve any problems in front of me...when i tryied to play multiplayer i windown said me that i must download patch 1.02...so i download it but i had pro...a message opened and told me that i must go to http://www.securom.com/ bla bla bla bla...so what is this site...whatam i looking for nowSmile)) kisses from Greece http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif