PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Mutliplayer: professional analysis

Jackie Fiest
10-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Spoilers. Highlight below to read.

<span class="ev_code_BLACK">Hun, the bomb is on the roof, but it's rather small. But it may help you to know the front of it glows red.

The second bomb is in the docks. When you get to the room with the cars, there is a set of double doors under a camera. GO through those doors and follow the hallway, but watching out for the camera at the end. Then you come to a place where there is more hallway to your right, or a door on your left. Go to your right and continue down the hall. Eventually you will come to a door under a red glowing sign. The docks are on the other side. </span><div class="ev_tpc_signature">

--
Jackie Fiest
Proud Ironside n00b =^_^=
http://www.fisherists.com/Uncle.jpg (http://www.fisherists.com/)
All your Sam Fisher are belong to us! -- http://www.Fisherists.com

DominusP
10-31-2006, 12:22 PM
WOah, things have changed around here. I haven't been on these forums since SCCT was in it's heyday (some of you guys might remember DominusPrinceps, my old screen name). Anyway, I have played all four Splinter Cell games. I was absolutely hooked on SvM when PT came out. I always was mediocre as a spy, but dominated as a merc. When CT fixed a lot of things and sorta balanced stuff out, I was even more ecstatic. I loved being a mercenary, even more so because everyone else like to be the spies. Good times.

So, I was really disappointed when i found out about the whole SvS thing. I made lugubrious assertations of how the whole tense, methodical ways of SvM would be gone forever. I did some of the tutorials and found out about the pickups, and having only one gadget at a time, and became increasingly furious as I discovered the BATTERY FOR THE NVGs! Oh, i nearly hit the roof. I retreated disgustedly back to Single player, which remined me a lot of CT (that is, by the way, a good thing). I particularly enjoyed the launcher device (an idea that I still believe I spawned)

Anyway, soon my ire waned, and i reluctantly, grudgingly joined a multiplayer game. It was an absolute blast. The push-button scheme for hand-to-hand combat, an idea which I scorned whenI read of it, was very smoothly done and added tension to the game. The new gun was very akin to the old CT shocker, and was easy to get used to. The game was very fast paced and while tactics still play a huge role in gameplay (i.e., staying in groups is a good plan) they tactics don't have to be laborously planned and perfectly executed to work. Gameplay is more fluid and you are less relian on your teammates.

What it needs: One thing I miss in DA, that would be even cooler than it was in CT, is tutor mode. That was the most underrated feature in multiplayer IMO. another thing it needs is the option to turn off specific pickups (ala advanced options from CT) such as frags, mines, and the like. Another thing, while it's not as crucial, I miss the back to wall. As with Tutor mode, this feature would have more intrinsic value in the SvS games versus the SvM of previous games. and they replaced it by an unweildy rearview deal that can be very disorienting if you do it by accident. the first time I tried the back-to-wall I had just rounded a corner and was preparing to ambush a persuing spy. I got disoriented and ended up running straight into the enemy spy, where I -fortunately- caught him completely off guard and had a messy and lengthy duel. anyway, that's a story for another day.

As an endnote: are there still spy trackers in SvS mode? I remember reading about them, but I don't remember whether it was the manual for the Xbox or the 360 version. Thanks.

DominusP
10-31-2006, 12:22 PM
WOah, things have changed around here. I haven't been on these forums since SCCT was in it's heyday (some of you guys might remember DominusPrinceps, my old screen name). Anyway, I have played all four Splinter Cell games. I was absolutely hooked on SvM when PT came out. I always was mediocre as a spy, but dominated as a merc. When CT fixed a lot of things and sorta balanced stuff out, I was even more ecstatic. I loved being a mercenary, even more so because everyone else like to be the spies. Good times.

So, I was really disappointed when i found out about the whole SvS thing. I made lugubrious assertations of how the whole tense, methodical ways of SvM would be gone forever. I did some of the tutorials and found out about the pickups, and having only one gadget at a time, and became increasingly furious as I discovered the BATTERY FOR THE NVGs! Oh, i nearly hit the roof. I retreated disgustedly back to Single player, which remined me a lot of CT (that is, by the way, a good thing). I particularly enjoyed the launcher device (an idea that I still believe I spawned)

Anyway, soon my ire waned, and i reluctantly, grudgingly joined a multiplayer game. It was an absolute blast. The push-button scheme for hand-to-hand combat, an idea which I scorned whenI read of it, was very smoothly done and added tension to the game. The new gun was very akin to the old CT shocker, and was easy to get used to. The game was very fast paced and while tactics still play a huge role in gameplay (i.e., staying in groups is a good plan) they tactics don't have to be laborously planned and perfectly executed to work. Gameplay is more fluid and you are less relian on your teammates.

What it needs: One thing I miss in DA, that would be even cooler than it was in CT, is tutor mode. That was the most underrated feature in multiplayer IMO. another thing it needs is the option to turn off specific pickups (ala advanced options from CT) such as frags, mines, and the like. Another thing, while it's not as crucial, I miss the back to wall. As with Tutor mode, this feature would have more intrinsic value in the SvS games versus the SvM of previous games. and they replaced it by an unweildy rearview deal that can be very disorienting if you do it by accident. the first time I tried the back-to-wall I had just rounded a corner and was preparing to ambush a persuing spy. I got disoriented and ended up running straight into the enemy spy, where I -fortunately- caught him completely off guard and had a messy and lengthy duel. anyway, that's a story for another day.

As an endnote: are there still spy trackers in SvS mode? I remember reading about them, but I don't remember whether it was the manual for the Xbox or the 360 version. Thanks.

LoneInTheDark
10-31-2006, 12:32 PM
Thank you Jackie, you are a goddess...hey when are we gonna play coop together?

Jackie Fiest
10-31-2006, 01:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LoneInTheDark:
Thank you Jackie, you are a goddess...hey when are we gonna play coop together? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Under normal cirumstances I would be like "NOW!" but, I got roped into giving out candy at my sisters. On the bright side I can eat the candy, and play DA on my sisters 1337 TV. But the next time you are gonna be on, try nto send me a message on MSN. Chances are I will be available. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

--
Jackie Fiest
Proud Ironside n00b =^_^=
http://www.fisherists.com/Uncle.jpg (http://www.fisherists.com/)
All your Sam Fisher are belong to us! -- http://www.Fisherists.com

LoneInTheDark
10-31-2006, 02:33 PM
Cool, yes tonight my kids will be out causing scary things to happen. But I can play later, which would be 9 pm your time. Or I am free tomorrow night.

gremrod
10-31-2006, 03:06 PM
I do not believe spy trackers are in the xbox version. I do know that they are not in the 360 version.

The xbox version manual states info on two gadgets and says see in game tutorials.