PDA

View Full Version : what is the best way to prepare/warmup/get better at the game?

MASTERHOLMES
10-26-2011, 09:07 PM
last night my goal was to unlock the scale runner and it wasn't what i thought it was going to be..

so tonight I started with the techiques videoes,, then the guitaracde games and then i did the recommended set list, and i finished with guitaracde for the night.

but personally i found myself with any direction right now after that.,, i mean i don't know if i want to work on chords, or notes, and what is the value of combos over notes ?.

I was suprised though when i saw an eric claption song so i do know i am interested in the blues.

do i want to be running a song over and over til it is maxed out , chords, combo, and notes or do i want to be focused on notes?

i do know i am avoiding drop d tuning songs like the plague as i am not interested into i master standard tuning.

i did mention before in the scale runner thread that it would to know what scale and key to use for each song that way one can use the scale runner to prepare for a song before one does the riffs.

what do you do to during your playing session ? once you get the hang off the game. ?

r1chard34
10-26-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by MASTERHOLMES:
last night my goal was to unlock the scale runner and it wasn't what i thought it was going to be..

so tonight I started with the techiques videoes,, then the guitaracde games and then i did the recommended set list, and i finished with guitaracde for the night.

but personally i found myself with any direction right now after that.,, i mean i don't know if i want to work on chords, or notes, and what is the value of combos over notes ?.

I was suprised though when i saw an eric claption song so i do know i am interested in the blues.

do i want to be running a song over and over til it is maxed out , chords, combo, and notes or do i want to be focused on notes?

i do know i am avoiding drop d tuning songs like the plague as i am not interested into i master standard tuning.

i did mention before in the scale runner thread that it would to know what scale and key to use for each song that way one can use the scale runner to prepare for a song before one does the riffs.

what do you do to during your playing session ? once you get the hang off the game. ?

You know where it says Rocksmith recommends? Do that.

MASTERHOLMES
10-26-2011, 09:31 PM
i disagree for several points..
1. it doens't replay the song you did as you just move on to new songs.
2. what if you just want to focus on rhythm, (it would be cool if there was a seperate storyline, or recomendation for chord/rhytm play , as i did can't get no satification pretty easy so i picked a song by the cure that sounded cool and the chord level was far too advance for me.

besides that ,, there must be people who dont follow the recommendations but have their own journey mapped out , that is what i was looking for.

sprusegoose
10-27-2011, 01:04 AM
Learn your chords first. To do that repeat them over and over. First you learn the A chord. not only learn it you repeat it over and over. You say it out loud when you make the chord. Then you move on to D. Then E, practice those chords over and over till you could do them in your sleep. When you do you can play the first song that they set you with in the game. (still have a problem with that) It,s called a chord progression. It will also help you latter down the road.

JackDeagon
10-27-2011, 03:36 AM
Don't forget G and C chords http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I never thought of it, I agree with MASTER, what a neat idea to tell us what key the song is in so we if we know (learn) the scale we can warm up during the free play time before the song...great idea

rhinokio
10-27-2011, 03:59 AM
i rarely follow my own advice, i usualy jump right into playing, but tecnicaly you should warm up first, the scale runner is a great warm up exercise to get your fingers moving for single note stuff, my ideal work out would be about 10-14 minutes scale runner, just to limber up fingers, then same time in dawn of the chorded. get my fingers working together. maybe throw that running one in there where you trem pick to get your wrist cooperating. then pick a song you want to play, one that seems to be near your level. play thru it a few times normaly see how you do. then i take it to leveler to really work on it. i rarely do the just go from song to song thing.