PDA

View Full Version : An Occasional Gamer's Perspective

rebel73
07-18-2008, 05:27 PM
I was wondering if someone has the same views I have, and if Ubisoft are hearing our gripes...

I am an occasional gamer, I haven't picked up a PS2 game controller since 2002. Ghost Recon was my favorite game, I also bought Jungle Storm after I played the original. Then my children were born and I moved, etc.

Fast Forward to now, 2008, I am extremely anxious to play the new versions of Ghost Recon- I buy Advanced Warfighter. I was extremely disappointed with the game! Everything I liked about the First version is gone!!!

1. The ability to position another squad on a cliff, angle them, command them to Fire at will, and cover another squad below.
2. The ability to switch between teammates.
3. The ability to choose squad members and their weapons.
4. The openness of space within the map area- Adv Warfighter boxes the action in.
5. The stars earned for each squad member to increase fighting abilities.
6. Overall strategy of the points above.

I understand that the younger generation of gamers are all into graphics, but the old-timers like myself (i am 35) are more into the strategy side. I am now left binging to find a game with similar strategical characteristics of the first game. That is the next game I will buy.

Perhaps if Ubisoft goes back to its roots that made the first version successful I will become a customer again, I've learned my lesson, from now on I will read all the reviews...

Best regards...

XxCH0NGxX
07-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Those of us who have stuck around in the forums have been asking for RSE to go back to their roots for the past few years. I've been asking for the Ghillie Suit since they took it away in GR2. That's been close to 5 years, and they still haven't brought that back.

The closest you will find to the old school single player experience is to play coop online with some people who take their time and know how to communicate.

Also, if you want a great game, that hasn't yet come out, look into Rogue Warrior. It doesn't release till Dec. 2009 but it looks to be a game that will crush the Recon series.

Oh and Rogue Warrior has been under the watchful eye and guidance of Richard Marcinko(ex-navy seal)

WhiteKnight77
07-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Keep an eye out for Ground Branch. It appears to be it will be available for the PS3 besides the PC and possibly the X360.

I know how you feel. I have GRAW but never played it and haven't bought GRAW2. I have been telling Ubi we want a game just like the first one for 6 years now.

Longjocks
07-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
Keep an eye out for Ground Branch. And OFP2. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Hopefully that, ArmA2 and Ground Branch will finally give us some choice in the genre.

MeanMF
07-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Yeah OFP2 looks interesting, although they're saying it's limited to 8 players on the consoles (plus lots of AI support). But it only comes with one map. One BIG map. And by BIG I mean they're saying it'll take 20 minutes to cross it...in an airplane

http://kotaku.com/5027249/operation-flashpoint-2-is-going-to-be-huge